3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Ease of Application:

Garnier HerbaShine does what it promises.

I first tried Garnier HerbaShine color creme with bamboo extract because of the coupons Garnier offers making the product very affordable. Like any hair product, the results are different for all hair types. I found that for myself, having dry, frizzy, thick hair with stubborn grey, this product works well for the most part having a few draw backs. The scent left in my hair after the application is much better than most and my hair is soft and silky after the conditioning. After a few days and a few washings the color becomes the vibrant bright color I am looking for . It covers the grey very well as long as I apply the product to the roots for an extra 5 - 10 minutes before covering my entire head. The price is higher than most if you don't use coupons, but Garnier is very generous when it comes to offering coupons. Over all I have to say that Garnier HerbaShine does what it promises.

just doesn't last....

I am really torn about this product, that's why I keep on using it. Garnier Herbashine Hair Color makes my hair feel so soft, not like with many other products that make my hair feel like straw and I can tell it was just chemically processed. Garnier Herbashine Hair Color is missing some of the harsh chemicals that other hair color has, and that's a huge win for this product. But since it's a semi-permanent color, I have found that it just doesn't last. And I mean not at all. The box says it's supposed to last 28 washings, but I really only see it lasting 2-3 shampoos at most. Sometimes it has not even lasted to the first washing and just seems to disappear off of my hair. Maybe it's the extent of gray that I have, but my hair just doesn't seem to want to hold onto this color from Garnier Herbashine Hair Color. Again, on the up side, the shades are great- I use a medium natural brown- and don't have any trouble with brassiness or orange tones. The application of this product is great as well- doesn't drip easily so I am able to reach all the parts of my head without making a huge mess.
I am thinking that if you have less gray hair, you would have better results. I would definitely recommend the Garnier brand- I think the conditioners in the product they make are great compared to other hair colors. I also like the fact that they have reduced some of the chemicals in their hair color products. And the scent is pleasant- you won't smell like you just walked out of the beauty shop. Just make sure to pick the proper coverage for the type of hair you have.

Nice hair color overall

Comments about Garnier Herbashine Hair Color:

I got my very first hair color in this brand: Garnier Herbashine.
My natural hair color is black or dark brown under sun light. Since I just want to achieve a warmer look, I pick auburn red/brown color with warm under tone. This hair color did run y hair color into what I expected. Of course, it was not as vibrant and shiny as the picture on the box showed, but nice result after all. The strong amoniac smell ( which presents in all hair dye, I guess) was not pleasant. I had to use a disposable mask and still able to smell it.
The box came with a pair of nylon gloves and clear instructions so it is convenient and easy to use. My hair is long ( it touches the middle of my back), the whole bottle is just enough for me. I love that it had quality conditioner which moisturizer and add shine very well.
However, for the hair to remain shine later on, I need to use supplemental maintaining product.
I tested longevity of the color by letting my hair grow without doing any color touch-up. After a year, I can still be able to identify two different colors on my hair. The color did fade a bit, but it did last very long.

Not that impressed.

from Cadott, WI

Comments about Garnier Herbashine Hair Color:

The color was way darker than it showed on the box #800. Which was odd because my hair was a lot lighter than their suggestions. I mainly used it for the shine part & even that wasn't that great.

Good coverage & even color, smell wasn't as bad as some others I have used.

Ease of Application
As easy to use as most home kits, plus more affordable so it helps.

Comments about Garnier Herbashine Hair Color:

I purchased the Garnier Herbashine Hair Color because all the women on the boxes have really long, healthy looking hair. After coloring my hair every month, my hair is anything but healthy. The dye says that this hair color contains bamboo extract that makes your hair stronger. I didn't really understand how bamboo extract could make my hair stronger, but I fell for it anyways. I took it home and used it immediately. The color didn't seem even throughout my hair. The top was one shade, the middle of my hair was another shade, and the end was another shade. My entire head was the same color before I started, so I don't really understand that. It didn't make my hair any healthier either. My hair wasn't shinier or softer, so I was disappointed. I will not be buying it again.

It would be a lot better if it would make my whole head the same color. I had to go to a salon to get it fixed. It was such a waste of money.

Ease of Application
The only good thing I can say is that it is easy to apply.

• Ease of Application:

love the colors but not much better than the cheaper ones

Comments about Garnier Herbashine Hair Color:

I think this brand is pretty good. I like that it is easy to use but like most of them the red doesn't stay around long. It says permanent on the box but the red doesn't seem to be able to stay in for more than a month or so. For me it is too expensive of a product for it not to work any better than the cheaper ones. What I like about this product over the cheaper ones is that they give you more conditioner that really makes my hair feel soft all day. The other thing I really like about this particular brand is the colors. They have more choices of the colors that I really like. I like the box and the fact that it looks more natural than other products out there.

I like to use red and the amount of time it takes to wash out this red is roughly the same as the cheaper brands.

Ease of Application
This product is easy to mix in the applicator container. It is easy to apply to your hair and to dispose of. The gloves that come with this product is better than some.

• Ease of Application:

My favorite brand of at home hair coloring!

Comments about Garnier Herbashine Hair Color:

I love this brand of at home hair coloring! I am on a tight budget so I cannot spend money to color my hair at a salon. I have experimented with many different brand for many years. Garnier has easily become my favorite. This brand seems like it goes above and beyond to give you great hair color. I love the way it looks on my hair and how my hair feels after. Color treating your hair always takes a toll on it. I feel like this brand incorporates things to keep your hair healthy, shiny, and strong through the process. This is the brand I recommend the most for hair coloring.

It is extremely effective. It always gives me the blonde color I am looking for. It also stays on my hair for a significant amount of time. I usually only color my hair every two to three months. That limits the damage done to it. I feel like my hair keeps a great color with this product for the entire two to three months.

Ease of Application
While dying your hair at home is never easy, they make it as easy as possible. Apply gloves, mix the color, apply to roots, and spread from there. Leave it on for a period of time and then wash it out. You use the conditioner provided and then you are finished. It's a great product.

• Ease of Application:

Garnier Hair Color Treatment.

Comments about Garnier Herbashine Hair Color:

I would say you get what you pay for with this product. I can't exactly complain because it's a non-expensive hair dye but if you're expecting "salon-type" results from this boxed product you'll be surely let down. I would recommend this for people who are in a hurry or just need a quick "touch-up" in between regular dyes.

Depending on what color you choose you may end up with anything to pretty good looking hair (black), washed out looking hair (red) or some variation of the color you wanted (blonde). Leaving the hair color on longer also doesn't help, it only further dries out your hair so I would advise against this.

Ease of Application
Basically it's like most hair dyes so if you've used them before it'll probably be a pretty similar experience. Yes it's "easy" to apply but that doesn't make up for all the other issues that I have with the overall product. In fact sometimes it washes out so easily that you have little to none of the dye left on your hair whatsoever.

just doesn't last....

from Ridge Spring, SC

For Many types of hair

Comments about Garnier Herbashine Hair Color:

I absolutely LOVEEEE Garnier Herbashine. I have very difficult hair, however this product worked with my hair just as well as having my hair done in beauty salon. Its gentle and i have never experienced any breakage or damaging of my hair after using this product. I highly recommend trying this product at least one time , its worth your buck!

I am a mixed woman , my hair can be unruly at times but this product was completely effective and i am a satisfied customer. After using this product i found my hair moisturized and softer than usual. I recommend this product to anybody is out there trying new products, i personally feel like for me this has defiantly been a win win situation.

Ease of Application
The steps in using this products is as easy as 123, detailed instructions on how to apply the product included in package. Easy usage, no complicated steps at all using this product.

• Ease of Application:

Long-lasting, fragrance-free, at an affordable price.

Comments about Garnier Herbashine Hair Color:

Overall I would rate this product at a 10, because of several factors, number one, this product offers excellent radiant hair color, at an affordable price. Number two, I love the way how this product is ammonia free, and it is not irritable to skin, or nostrils. Number 3 the color turns out very vibrant, and all like all Garnier products, its very long lasting.

All Garnier Products seem to have a very long lasting feature built into their formulas, every color I 've used from their product lines, have last me personally 1-2 years, they never actually fully come out of your hair, until it grows out completely (which I really liked.) this product is effective as highlights, root-touch up, and overall color. I would say the effectiveness is very high for this product as it does just as it says it will on the box (which is rare to find when choosing the right hair color.)

Ease of Application
This product has an easy to use applicator, that splits throughout the hair perfectly, allowing separation a piece of cake. It is not very "drippy" or has a great texture that allows it to be nearly drip-free. it stays on the hair nicely, and has easy follow instructions included, as well as set of well fitted applicator gloves. This applicator tip as mentioned before is perfect for section, and allows perfect attempts for applying every time!

• Ease of Application:

Hair color that leaves my hair feeling strong.

Comments about Garnier Herbashine Hair Color:

I have to admit that what first caught my eye about this product was the bamboo on the packaging. I imagined my hair feeling strong and supple after application, and I was spot on in my outlook. I loved the variety of shades available, and the ease of the application itself. The color isnt runny, sticks well to the hair shaft, and delivers a strong punch of shine. Shine is exactly what I look for in any hair color, specifically because my hair is so dry and brittle. Garnier Herbashine volumized my hair upon application, and left a beautifully even tone all over. The dark brown shades are fantastic and unlike other brands have a high impact gloss. What I noticed most is that my hair felt supple and strong after application, and lasted throughout the month. I would say it felt like a face lift for my hair! I definitely recommend this product to anyone who wants to experience healthy hair.