Other Hair Sprays:
Garnier Fructis

Pros

Cons

Garnier Fructis Ultra Hold Hairspray

I have to say I love Garnier Fructis products. All their hair products smell heavenly to me and not just me but to my husband. I love how he loves to smell my hair and comments on the scent. The thing is it is only when I use Garnier Fructis products so why should I use anything else, right?

I have straight hair, kindof damaged from coloring and cholorine too. I live in the South, so I battle high humidity too. My hair takes a beating! It takes a great product or combination of products to keep my hair staying and looking gorgeous all day long. I use Garniers Ultra Hold Hair Spray to keep the body and style in my hair and it looks just as pretty when I come home as is did when I left that morning. Even on a bad humid or rainy day my hair holds its style and does not get flat or turn sticky, or dampened.

I love the beautiful and fresh fragrance. Garnier Fructis Scents are wonderful to me. The price is great. Under 5 bucks, Cant beat that for value and quality.

I recommend this product to my friends and family.

Garnier hair spray leaves your hair gross

I don't like Garnier Frutis hairspray at all. It does smell good, however the Garnier Fructis hair spray is sticky when it goes on and leaves my hair stiff and gross looking (it looks like your hair would if you didn't wash it for 2 days). It leaves my hair crunchy and lots of the white flakes are visible. I don't know about you, but I hate it when my hair is crunchy and flaky looking. To me, that is the worst thing about certain hairsprays. The way this hairspray made my hair look was definitely the deal breaker. This makes me leery to even attempt to try other Garnier Fructis products. I haven't touched any of them since this experience. I have been thinking about trying some of their other products, but for some reason I just still don't have confidence in this entire brand. I have noticed that on this site a lot of people seem to like this product. Maybe it depends on the persons hair type?? My hair type isn't out of the ordinary though. It's normal. I don't have any intention of recommending this to friends or family.

Hairspray does its job

from Lagrange, OH

Comments about Garnier Fructis Ultra Hold Hairspray:

After using Garnier Fructis Ultra Hold Hairspray for a few months, I give it an overall good rating. It was comparably priced to other similar products. The can is designed well, easy to hold and easy to store. It is sturdy enough to withstand dropping too! The hairspray has a nice fragrance, and it comes out in a nice mist. It is not too thick coming out, and it does not drench your hair with hairspray. As with any hairspray, it can get sticky, and I have often had to rinse out the nozzle with hot water after it has gotten clogged. This hairspray definitely does what it promises, offering a very firm hold to hairspray. It does so without making the hair too hard and crunchy in places of use. It seems to last throughout a good portion of the day, in humidity, wind, and even some rain. It is not my absolute favorite hairspray I have ever used, but if you are looking for an inexpensive alternative you can pick up at just about any store, this is the hairspray for you.

I use it to tame frizzies

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Garnier Fructis Ultra Hold Hairspray:

Unfortunately, the hair style I have isn't really suited to my fine thin hair, and I depend on a few different hair care products to help me out. Once it has been washed, treated with a mousse, and dried, I always have to apply a hairspray. I have several of them in my bathroom cabinet right now, one being this green can by Garnier Fructis.

I have a use for this hairspray, but it's not for holding my hair because I don't feel like it really does much for me (probably because where I live it tends to be windy). Although it does not hold my hair well, I always spray my styling brush lightly with it before I brush my hair, and it GETS RID of my flyaways. It's cheaper than other products for frizzy hair, but it also gunks up my brush so I need to clean it regularly.

As for a hairspray for a long lasting hold, I can't say this works at all for my fine thin hair.

Garnier Fructis Hairspray really Holds

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Garnier Fructis Ultra Hold Hairspray:

I live in Florida where the humidity is really bad. I use a curling iron to do my hair everyday and if I don't use hairspray, within 10 minutes you can't even tell I did my hair. I had a coupon for Garnier Fructis hairspray, so I decided to try it. (I had previously used a different brand). It holds well, has a very pleasant smell, and isn't as sticky as the one I had been using. The true test, however, was when I went outside into the Florida wind and humidity. I was surprised!! The hairspray held very well without giving me the feeling of having "helmet hair". I used to get teased by my students when I taught high school about having hard hair, so Garnier was a pleasant surprise. I would recommend it. Plus there are always coupons in the paper for it.

This hairspray is perfect!

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Ultra Hold Hairspray:

I've been a fan of Garnier fructis products mainly because of the amazing smell. Aside from the wonderful scent, I never get disappointed whenever I try any of their products. I expect their hairspray would be just as wonderful and I was correct. The product name really describes it well. My hair can't hold a curl at all and would go pin straight after an hour using some other hairspray. But this Garnier fructis hairspray really worked when I want the curled hair effect. There wasn't any stickiness and my hair didn't turn out stiff when I used the hairspray. This was just what I was looking for and it's just the perfect hairspray. I couldn't ask for anything more and this price was a bargain for what I am getting. I'm just overly pleased with this hairspray and would definitely buy this hairspray again when I run out. This just firmly makes me believe that Garnier Fructis products will always be my favorite.

Garnier hair spray leaves your hair gross

from Phoenix, AZ

Garnier Fructis Ultra Hold Hairspray Works Wonders

from Hudson, MA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Ultra Hold Hairspray:

Garnier Fructis is my favorite hairspray! i love the way it smells! and its hold is great! thats the best thing about it, It doesnt leave your hair feeling like cement like other hairsprays do. I dont know about you but i hate that feeling in my hair. I used to use white rain hairspray and whatever else my mom had laying around but once i tried the garnier fructis hairspray i was amazed! it didnt make my hair hard! Also this hairspray doesnt leave any stickyness. Its holds all day as well, its just a great feeling when you know its working but cant feel it! All Fructis Garnier that i have used have been great! i trust these products greatly with my hair. Its also inexpensive considering how well it works and the amount you get in a bottle! I wont use any other hairspray on my hair! Plus the bottle is a fun color, bright and lively! great for travel as well, it wont spill out everywhere. I recommend this product to anyone!

Garnier fructis ultra hold hairspray smells wonderful

from Ithaca, NY

Comments about Garnier Fructis Ultra Hold Hairspray:

Granier Fructis ultra hold hairspray is effective, brush-able, and smells incredible. I'm really not much of a hairspray, and generally avoid using it like the plague because I usually hate the way my hair feels after using it and cannot STAND the smell, but this product is revolutionary! The scent is light and pleasantly fruity--no more feeling like gagging in a cloud of strong awful smells! More importantly, it doesn't make your hair sticky if you hold it far away from your hair while spraying. Just make sure to continually move the bottle while spraying your hair so not too much product builds up in one spot. If you end up not liking the outcome of your hair style, you don't have to wash out all the hairspray--just brush vigorously, and its as though the product was never there!!! interesting alternate use: this hairspray is rly good for killing spiders...style your hair and rid your house of pests at the same time! :p

Herbal essence

from Chico, CA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Ultra Hold Hairspray:

I like to use this product for everyday use. Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine product with Sleek & Shine is a Hairspray that gives smooth styles with frizz control and shine. I spray this product on my hair when it is slightly damp to style it. I do believe that you are able to use this on your hair when it is dry as well, but I prefer styling my hair when it is wet. I layer where it is needed most for added frizz control and hold. This product is a decent price. it is pretty cheap and althiough the bottle is pretty small it fits for the price. One of my favorite aspexts of this product is that it smells absolutely amazing. i would use this product just because i love the smell, but I do not need to because it works amazingly as well. This product hold my hair better than most which is perfect becasue I have extremely frizzy hair. The only problem I have with this product is that it makes your hair sticky.

Stands up to Kansas winds

from Humboldt, KS

Comments about Garnier Fructis Ultra Hold Hairspray:

This hair spray is amazing. It holds up to even the strongest Kansas winds but leaves my hair feeling natural not sticky or dull. I can't imagine what I ever did without it! It is priced reasonably and I never have trouble finding a coupon for extra savings.

Garnier Fructis Ultra Hold Hairspray is good!

from Blacksburg, VA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Ultra Hold Hairspray:

I style my hair all the time, so I need a hairspray that will last me all day without making my hair look hard and dry. A lot of the other hairsprays I have used would wear off, leaving my hair lifeless and dull. Also, I am a dancer and so sweating is inevitable. When I use this product before a dance class, my hairstyle is still kept in the same condition as before the class, even though I sweated mad hard. Although, sometimes I do prefer to use the hairspray with bamboo extract, I like this product a lot! The great thing about it, is that it does not give a sticky feeling like other hairsprays do, and also, it does not leave dry pieces that make my hair look like it has dandruff. So my hair looks naturally styled and great! I would recommend this product to everyone who likes styling their hair. It is an awesome product to hold and keep your creative looks looking fantastic all day long.