Other Shampoos:

Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Mmmm Garnier!

I have used many products in my life and am constantly trying to find the right shampoo for my "at the time" problems that I was changing shampoo every season trying to take care of these problem. Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair Shampoo is a really great product! It smells wonderful and it leaves my hair feeling so soft and almost silky-ish. You don't need a lot, just squeeze a small amount onto the palm of your hand and you are good to go. I usually keep it on for about 5 minutes before rinsing it off with warm like water and of course use it with the conditioner, it adds a little more to the effect. After having used it for about a week, I noticed my hair strands weren't breaking or falling out when I brushed my hair. I can grow my hair longer now knowing I won't have a breaking or split end problem. Garnier has a line dedicated to just about every hair need and Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair Shampoo helped me with mine! I have already recommended this product to all of my friends and family members with hair woes and they seem to like the wonderful job it does. Thank you, Garnier!!

garnier fructis strength and repair

I tried I  used  garnier  fructis  strength  and  repair  shampoo  this week. I have used it 5 days in a row.Read complete review

I found the smell is wonderful. As soon as I opened the bottle I feel in love with the fresh citrus smell.

It is smooth and not too thick. However, sadly it is not for me. I found it left a film on my hair. This lead to my hair being flat and hard to conrol or even to curl. I thought maybe I was not rinsing it well enough. I started to rinse for much longer than I normally would have. Today after drying my hair (it is shoulder leagth) my scaply is starting to get dry and flaky. I am not sure if this has to do with the shampoo or the fact that I am trying to rinse if for much longer. However, either way my scalp is getting dry. I have not noticed if it is working to repair my hair because my scalp is so dry I need to stop using this shampoo. Too bad because the smell is very nice. I am going to use another Garnier shampoo and see if my scalp still gets dry

A hair match that was not meant to be.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair Shampoo:

After reading so many great reviews on this shampoo, I decided to give it a try.

At first smell it seemed to be a match made in hair heaven. All of those pieces of hair that had fallen off over the years, all of those broken heart edges seemed to finally be worth it. After all, I might have found the one: the one shampoo that would make my head stop spinning from frustration due to breakage and split ends.

Silly, superficial me. This shampoo is all about the looks and the scent, but it can't make a girl feel good. After using half the bottle I realized my hair broke off the same amount it used to, and new split ends were smiling up at me.

I have thick, coarse, hard to love hair, and I suppose the shampoo couldn't hold up to it. I might try a different version of Garnier, but from what I witnessed I'm not impressed.

Did not treat split ends or damages to hair.

Match made in scent heaven.

Some of the worst shampoo I have ever used.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair Shampoo:

This shampoo was absolutely terrible. It made my hair more oily and dirty than when it began! To even get it half decent, I had to use about an eighth of a bottle. In the shampoo's defense, I do have very long and quite thick hair. However, I have never had any (significant) issue with any other brands (Tresemme, Head & Shoulders, etc.).

Horrible. It was not effective at all.

Although the scent was nice when smelled from within the bottle, the scent quickly dissipated once it was applied to the hair.

Great for repairing hair

from Richmond VA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair Shampoo:

I was in a play a few years back that required me to have dreadlocks. We used about a metric ton of hair gel, along with lots of teasing and twisting, to create the effect, which resulted in my hair being more or less destroyed by the end of the run. I was worried that I might have to go to a professional or even cut my hair in order to make up for the damage, but my roommate recommended that I try her shampoo (she frequently colors her hair, so hers is damaged sometimes). It did a great job with my hair! I couldn't use it for very long since it ended up adding a little too much moisture back into my hair, but it did a wonderful job of restoring the initial damage for a much more reasonable price than turning to a salon professional!

This shampoo did a wonderful job of restoring my hair after it had been so abused!

I really like the scent of this shampoo. It is very fresh, clean, and bright!

Garnier Fructis Strength and Repair Shampoo works great!

from Ware, MA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair Shampoo:

Garnier Fructis Strength and Repair shampoo makes my hair look and feel great! The consistency of the shampoo is just right. It's not too thick or thin. It gives me a great lather and rinses clean. It has a nice clean scent. I noticed a  difference in the appearance and feel of hair after using this product for the first time. The results became more noticeable with continued use. My hair was overprocessed and had a signifigant amount of damage and this shampoo worked wonders on it. I notice more shine, less frizziness and it just feels healthier.

I was surprised that a product that I did not purchase at a salon could work so well. I believed that the level of dryness and damage that my hair had would have only responded to an expensive product I could find in a salon. I was pleasantly surprised to find that not only did it work well but it worked very quickly too! I would highly recommend that anyone with overprocessed, dry and/or damaged hair give Garnier Fructis Stregth and Repair shampoo a try. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the great results you will see.

Helps cure split ends

from Chapin, SC

Comments about Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair Shampoo:

I tried this shampoo/conditioner combo recently. I have dry hair, and therefore some split ends. And, my hair breaks off wehn I brush it through sometimes. So, I wanted to try some repair and moisturizing shampoos to see what they might be able to do for me. This product worked really well. It has a fantastic scent. It has a decent lather, and rinses clean pretty easily. I don't feel like it leaves too much of a residue. It seems to do some for my split ends. I've still got them, but it seems that the breakage wasn't as bad as with other brands I've used. It is a bit pricy, and more than I usually pay, but you do seem to ge a quality product. I'm not a full convert, I'll still use my lesser brand name, but I'll probably grab a bottle now and then when my split ends are really looking bad! The scent is great just by itsself, but that's not a good enough reason to pay the extra for it! Works great though!

Garnier Fructis

from Brookville, OH

Comments about Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair Shampoo:

One of my friends whom is a hair dresser told me this product would work well for my very bad split ends on the less costly end of the spectrum. Not only bad split ends. but it was because I had long permed hair. I tried this product to see what it would do for my hair. It didn't get rid of my split ends, or really even help the fix themselves. I could tell it was making some difference to my hair. Whenever I would use some other brand of shampoo, I could tell that it didn't feel the same. It would feel more stiff and gross feeling.

I liked how it made my hair feel, and the smell of the product. My hair seemed to be a little more shiny when I was using this product as well. I wouldn't really refer this product due to not seeing actual results in the split ends. On the bottle it tells you that it repairs split ends. It might work if you have very few split ends. If you have a lot I would go to you beauty salon or a hair dresser whom is a friend and ask them what you should get.

not what I had hoped for

from Bountiful, UT

Comments about Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair Shampoo:

I got a coupon the other day for this Garnier Fructis STrength and Repair Shampoo and I was SO excited to try a different shampoo besides the cheap kind that I always have to buy.  I'm on a tight budget, so splurging on Shampoo is not something I do often.  And even with the coupon it was a little more than my cheap stuff.  Well, I got all excited, bought it, used it when I got home, and I was totally disapointed!  My hair felt SO greasy after I washed it.  I thought maybe I hadn't rinsed it enough, so I jumped back in the shower for another rinse, and it was still really greasy.  Then I thought maybe drying it would help, and it STILL was so greasy!  I could hardly run my hands through it.  It was almost worse than it had been before I washed it.  My hair is not normally greasy.  I really liked the smell, and I might just try a different kind of it, but it was really a bummer to be worse than the cheap stuff.

Garnier Fructic Shampoo got me AND my husband compliments

from Ormond Beach, FL

Comments about Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair Shampoo:

I started using Garnier Fructis Shampoos over a year ago. What a differnce it made. My hair at the time was down to my waist. With hair that long it can be hard to keep it looking healthy and shiny.

It seemed no matter where I went, the dr's, the grocery store , the mall, I was constantly getting compliments. You may think it was from the length of my hair. Not. I decided to finally get my hair cut and styled about 6 months ago. The compliments still come.

And even my husband likes and uses it regularly AND he also get many compliments on his hair.

Of course , we also use the Fructis conditioner. The combination is unbeatable. We have also tried the other Fructis shampoo and conditioners to match what ever our hair needs.(example: when the seasons change).

No matter what lind of hair you have or what problem yuo are dealing with or  if you just want to keep your hair looking GREAT, choose from any of the formulas(we have).

PS their styling products work well too. I just love the entire FRUCTIS line.

Strengthens hair leaving it soft and smooth.

from Ford, VA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair Shampoo:

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo is the only shampoo that I like to use. I love to color my hair often. And I like to experiment with different styling products to keep my hair looking great. All of these things can reak havoc on your hair leaving it dry, unmanageable and dull. Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo Strength and Repair helps to repair a lot of damage and the results are amazing. Your hair feels softer and smoother. It looks shinier and healthier. And it smells absolutely amazing afterwards. I have been using this shampoo for quite some time and the improvement in my hair is obvious to me. I have tried other shampoo and have not seen such great results. This is a product I would highly recommend to those who love to color their hair, use styling products, and those who like to use other things such as curling irons, hot roller curlers and flat iron straighteners. Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo Strength and Repair will help repair so much damage and leave your hair looking shiny, smooth and abosolutely gorgeous.

hmmmm, undecided.

from Weedsport, NY

Comments about Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair Shampoo:

I tried this for one week....  I must say I love it and hate it, all in one.  Let's start with the hate part....It left my hair feeling heavy and waxy.  At first I thought maybe I didn't rinse my hair well, so I made sure I rinsed really good the next day.  Results were the same.  Then I though maybe it was my styling product, so I did not use any product.  Again, the results were the same, heavy and waxy.  Now for the love it part.....  Well that heavy/waxy feeling let me style my hair great and it lasted the entire day.  So to sum it up I did not like how my hair felt, but wow my hair looked the best it had in a long time......