4.1
Garnier Fructis
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo

4.1

Pros

• Adds shine (4)
  • Great smell (4)
  • Lathers well (4)
  • Cleans thoroughly (3)
  • Gentle (3)

• Daily use (4)

love the shampoo!....hated the bottle design!!!

Hello awesome shampoo!!! I love all of the Garnier Frustis shampoos and conditioners!! I feel they are extremely high quality shampoos and are very reasonable in price...i just absolutely hate the flip cap design for all the shampoo and conditioner bottles!  I love buying the Sleek and Shine Shampoo and conditioner and I love the way it makes my hair smell, feel and look.  But I refuse to buy the product until they change the flip cap design.  Here is why...the bottle was designed with a flip cap top that has a rounded edge.  When you are in the shower, and your hands are wet, or sudsy, or whatever...i try to open the shampoo or conditioner bottle and can't get a grip on the flip cap lid!  I got so frustrated every time I tood a shower or tried to clean my girls' hair, that I just stopped buying the product all together.  Even now, when I go to the store looking to buy some more shampoo, i just pass right over the Garnier line because of the bottle flip cap design.  Please change it so that I can begin buying my favorite shampoo again!!

Do you know where that "sleek and shine" is coming from?

Garnier Fructis sleek and shine is one of the worst products for your hair.  Even though it may seem as leaving your hair sleek, silky, soft, and shiny , do you know where it's coming from? An ingredient not listed on the bottle.  It contains floor wax which coats your hair and scalp leaving it greasy, dry, and damaged.  The floor wax dries out your hair leaving a residue which looks like dandruff on your scalp making it extremely uncomfortable and itchy.  It also causes hair loss and pushes your hairline back.  Which is why you have all those which you believe to be "baby hairs".  My hairdresser was horrified when she saw my scalp after using these products.  She recommended a clarifying shampoo along with a moisturzing shampoo to repair my scalp.  I used Garnier every day and my hair still seemed to be dirty because of the floor wax ingredient. I would not recommend any of the garnier fructis products as they all contain the floor wax ingredient.  A good clarifying and moisturizing shampoo would be suave, a cheap and easy to find product.

My Favorite!

from Culver, IN

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Adds Shine
  • Cleans Thoroughly
  • Gentle
  • Great Smell
  • Lathers Well

• Curly Hair

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo:

I have very curly hair that can be unmanageable at time. this shampoo really helps to keep my hair calm and manageable and the smell is amazing.

• Very Curly Hair

Smells great

from Wilmington, NC

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Adds Shine
    • Great Smell
    • Lathers Well

Cons

• Greasy

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo:

I loved the way my hair looked right after washing, but felt it weighed it down and became oily looking rather quickly.

• Very Curly Hair

Salon hair for little money

from Sandusky, OH

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Adds Shine
    • Adds Volume
    • Cleans Thoroughly
    • Gentle
    • Great Smell
    • Improves Hair Health

• Thinner Hair

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo:

My hair has been very difficult lately to brush and work with on a daily basis. Tbis shampoo has help GREATLY. It has brought new life back.

• Straight Hair

help for frizzy, dry hair

from Kentville, Nova Scotia

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Adds Shine
      • Adds Volume
      • Cleans Thoroughly
      • Gentle
      • Great Smell
      • Improves Hair Health

• Curly Hair

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo:

I have dry wavy hair that likes to do whatever it wants. This shampoo helped manage my hair by leaving it soft and shiny. Love that it contains moroccan argan oil, helps control frizz, and has a great smell.

• Wavy Hair

Bad....

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo:

Do not recommend it at all. First day of using it was fine. I liked the smell and right after the shower my hair was so clean and soft. After using it 3 or 4 times my hair started to fall out. I was so scared. Never use this shampoo again. Now as I ve stated using other shamoo my hair is fine and do not fall out at all .

Finally found a shampoo that I will stick with.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo:

I first bought it because I had a coupon. I'm glad I tried it. I've been using it for over a year now. It's the first shampoo that works consistently well on my hair. I have always had to use a different brand about once a week to keep my hair from looking lifeless. I use Garnier all the time now. It's nice not to have multiple shampoos in my shower!

Let down by Garnier

from Kansas

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo:

I've always liked Garnier Fructis shampoo and conditioners fairly well. I absolutely love the smell of their products which is a big thing for me. I have thin naturally curly hair that's dry and damaged. I dye, blow dry, and flat iron my hair. The torture I put it through shows. I saw this being advertised and decided to try it. Like usual Garnier Fructis products, the product smells YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY! And that's pretty much where the perks of the shampoo lay. I'm not sure if it's because I have thin hair but this product made my hair very greasy. I haven't experienced this from any other Garnier Fructis shampoos or conditioners. I thought maybe it was just something weird the first time but I continued trying to use it and ick, it just didn't work out - too greasy! I wouldn't recommend this product to anybody with thin hair because our hair generally gets greasy easier than those with thick hair.

My go-to for dry hair relief

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo:

My poor hair has been terribly abused for years. Between coloring, bleaching, and styling it has a fair amount of damage. My roots are also oily, which makes moisturizing my hair a problem. I need a shampoo that will leave my hair clean without making it dry or oily. It is a delicate balance and I have finally found it with Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo.

This shampoo moisturizes too well to be an everyday shampoo for me, but it is absolutely perfect for days when my hair feels a little drier than normal. It doesn't have a great lather, but it does get my hair clean. My hair really does feel sleek afterwards, it has a great shine without getting oily, and it does not make my hair feel weighted down like many other similar products. Many of the similar sleek shampoos either don't do enough to moisturize my hair or they leave it too oily, but with Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine I have soft, sleek, and manageable hair without the greasy and oily looking roots halfway through the day.

It has a pleasant, somewhat fruity scent.

Amazing results

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo:

I have very dry, frizzy, curly hair, and this shampoo really worked miracles for me. After just one use, I could instantly tell a difference in my hairs dryness, and it almost eliminated all frizz in just 3 washes. I have never had a shampoo that delivered those kind of results, removing frizz while hydrating my hair. It really made a difference in my hair care routine and it delivered amazing results that blew me away.

I am always looking for effective hair products that banish frizz, and this shampoo did just that. In just one wash, I noticed a difference in the dryness in my hair, and in just 3 washes, frizz was practically banished. My hair became silky soft, which it has never been. I was totally blown away by the effectiveness of this shampoo, and I am in love with it. It works miracles for my hard to manage hair, and I'm so glad I found this shampoo.

I instantly fell in love with the scent of this shampoo. It smells incredibly sweet, fruity, and almost citrus-y. It has a great fragrance.

Not For Me!

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo:

I purchased Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Shampoo about two years ago, because I was out of shampoo and it was on sale. After reading some of the reviews, I see that many have had a positive experience with this product. However, I had the opposite.
        Let me start off by saying, I have extremely thick hair, which can be slightly frizzy when it is dry during the winter. When I purchased this product, I honestly expected to look like the model on the commercial.
        I actually enjoyed using Sleek & Shine, however, it did not like me. I loved the consistency and the smell of the shampoo. It smelled so good, I almost thought it was edible. I rinsed my hair really well and used the conditioner. Again, rinsed it out really well. I blow dried my hair, and my scalp was SO itchy. It was awkward and uncomfortable. I decided to go out and buy a different shampoo and conditioner. Blow dried. I was fine. Tried Sleek & Shine again, and I got itchy again. I decided to part ways with this product. I wish I could use it and love it as much as some other readers do, but it's not just for me!