Other Hair Conditioners:
Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream

Pros

Cons

Good product, bad design, but still good enough for this goddess

Frizzy is my middle name so I'm always trying the latest and greatest products aimed at reducing my frizz and enhancing my goddess-ness. I've had a lot of positive experiences using Garnier Fructis products so it was a no-brainer when I discovered their Leave-In Conditioning Cream (Sleek & Shine).

While I really do love this product, I have a huge problem with the design of the bottle. Unlike squeeze tubes, which make it easy to use up most of the contents inside, this conditioning cream is in a 10.2 fl. oz. bottle with a spout top, and it is hard to get the cream out when the bottle is less than half full.

Have you ever had to repeatedly hit the bottom of a ketchup bottle to get the ketchup to come out? Well that is exactly what you have to do with this product. However, unlike a ketchup bottle that can usually be placed upside-down when the contents get low, the spout on this bottle prevents it from being tipped over unless you have something to prop it up. Fortunately, I've managed to keep it propped up so that I can try to use most of the conditioning cream remaining inside of the bottle. It just would have been so much easier if Garnier Fructis had decided to produce this cream inside a squeeze tube instead of a bulky bottle with a spout top.

Overall, I love Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream and will continue to purchase it. Goodbye frizzies and hello goddess.

What I really like about this product is that it actually works on reducing my frizz. Many products make that claim and many of them fail. Not so with Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream.

This cream is super easy to use. I just wash my hair, towel dry, apply a nickel-sized portion of the cream, and let my hair air-dry. Easy as pie and no frizz.

The consistency of the cream is just right and not too heavy. Although, I have to be careful and not put too much cream throughout my hair or it will weigh it down and feel more greasy than frizz-free.

The scent is nice and light and reminds me of the smell of aloe lotion.

Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Fortifying Leave In Conditioner

Well, I see a lot of very positive reviews on this product. For me, I found it to be just average or maybe even a little below. My three daughters and I used it , and just din not find it to be all that great. We all have natural curly hair that we wear straight. I found it kind of clumpy . I thought it was difficult to brush through the hair evenly. I did not find it to be of any great benefit to our hair.  On the positive side, it has a fantastic scent! Very fresh, and the scent lingers in your hair all day. I did not find it to smooth our hair , though. I did not find it to make our hair shiny, either. I just did not find any great improvement when using it. I also weighed down our hair too much. I do have friends that use it and really love it. I always see coupons for it, and it is very reasonably priced. After using the container up, we did purchase it again.  I think everyone's hair reacts differently to different products, so I did not give this a bad review. I just think it was not the product for our hair type.

Fructis Sleek&Shine Leave-In-Conditioning aka The Must Have

from Marrakech, Morocco

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Adds Definition
  • Adds Shine
  • Adds Volume
  • Detangles
  • Elongates Curls
  • Gentle
  • Great Smell
  • Improves Hair Health
  • Improves Texture
  • Smooths & Softens

Cons

• Too Light

• Curly Hair
  • Daily Use
  • Deep Conditioning
  • Dry Hair
  • Fine Hair
  • Thick Hair

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

I use it pretty much to breath life into my curls once they're dead because of the cold, the humid weather and else. I use it too to give some extra hold to my curls. It can be also a way to give the curls more definition.

• Hair Type:
  • Very Curly Hair

A Leave-In Conditioner That Does Its Job!

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream works wonders for my hair. Before I starting using this product, my hair was dry, broken, and straw-like; saying it was fragile was an understatement. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream leaves my hair soft, moisturized, and strong. I recommend that this product be used especially on dry, damaged hair, long or curly hair, and seemingly unmanageable frizz.

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream is very effective. My hair was often dry and brittle before using Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream. Now, after using it every other day after my showers, my hair is stronger, more vibrant, and silky-soft.

Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream leaves my hair smelling great. Other leave-in conditioners often do not have nice scents, or may leave behind other evidence in your hair. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream has a scent that is comfortable, and isn't too overpowering.

Garnier Fructis leave-in conditioning cream

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

There is a good amount of product in the bottle and it does not cost much. The bottle is super cute and can also be used for travel.

This product does exactly as it describes on the packaging. It says that it makes the hair smooth and shiny. When I used the leave-in I noticed a major difference after one use. My hair was silky and smooth and it also smelled really good. The next morning my hair was not fizzy or dry. It was smooth shiny and manageable. Styling my hair was a breeze. Every time I use garnier leave-in I fall in love with it all over again. The cream is not thick nor light it has a medium texture. It glides through the hair like butter and does not leave a white residue on the hair. Instead of just sitting on the hair it absorbs into the hair shaft for more nourishment.

The smell reminds me of a tangy fruit candy. The apricot really sets it off. If you love that fresh fruit smell, you will love Garnier's leave-in conditioning cream.

Works as a medicine for the hair

from NA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

I purchased the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In conditioning cream two years back from an e-commerce website. The ingredients of this product include argan oil and apricot oil which contain Vitamin A and E which are necessary for the hair and make the hair healthier and provide hydration and nourishment to the hair. This product also works as a medicine for the hair, thus repairing the damaged strands and curing problems like dandruff psoriasis and eczema. The hair loss problem also can be solved by using this conditioning cream.

A quarter-sized portion of this product needs to be applied to damp hair and then you need to comb the hair so that the product can reach the scalp and can spread evenly in the hair. It is not necessary to rinse the hair after applying this cream. I used this product once in three days to get better results. The result of using this product was that my hair felt soft and the strands did not break while combing the hair.The itchiness of the hair was also reduced considerably.

Long time for little effect

from Rome,GA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

This was a suggested purchase made by my wife from a suggestion from one of her friends. Myself nor any of my family members liked this product. It just seemed like a like drawn out process to do nothing more than make your hair oily and wet feeling. The scent left quite a bit to be desire as well. I won't say that it smelled bad but it just had an odd scent as confirmed by all my family, at one point we had considered maybe we had gotten a bad bottle but it was as it should be. I personally would never buy or use this product again. It may perform better for other hair type than those in my household, but none here wanted to use it a second time.

This isn't a very effective product in my opinion, I have used store and off brands that did as well or better than this product.

This product has an odd not a bad or offensive odor, but a very odd scent none the less. The scent is secondary to the over all uselessness of the product.

Great for long, thick hair!

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

I love this leave in conditioning cream. I have really long and thick hair. Therefore, it tangles incredibly easy. I bought this cream when I was looking for something to help my hair stay moisturized. It worked really well. You apply this to your hair after a shower and leave it in through out the day. It works great. It makes your hair really easy to brush out when it is wet. It also leaves your hair looking really soft and smooth throughout the entire day. It smells really good as well. I would highly recommend this product if you are looking for something to moisturize your hair. It worked really well for me. The price on this is also decent.

It is incredibly effective. It helped my hair to be soft and moisturized. It also made brushing it a lot easier.

The scent is great. It stays in your hair throughout the entire day. I get a lot of compliments on the way my hair smells when I use this.

Cure for frizz!

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

I came across this product after years of using every product that promised to be an anti-frizz product. If others worked they left my hair sticky or oily.

100% effective. If you put on too much your hair will be a tad "crusty" like too much hairspray. Run your fingers through your hair and all is solved. This stuff is a miracle!

I've use this on dry and wet hair. It leaves hair fluffy if applied to wet hair. If applied I dry hair, your hair may look wet and a bit flat.

Nice smell. It smells like conditioner. It's not too strong or sweet or fruity... Just a nice scent.

Miracle cream for those with a lion's mane!

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

I suffer from huge hair. Massive, unruly curls, coarse strands, and frizz are only a few of the side effects. So when I find a product that works, man I stick with it! My hair needs loads of TLC and Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave in Conditioner is just the product to provide that! Plus the product smells great, it is affordable, and it lasts a nice long time. I use it almost daily.

Seriously, the moisture that this product restores to my hair is incredible. I love the messy look, so often I just wash my hair and run a palmful of the leave in conditioner through my hair and I am set for the day. But it also works when I need a more sleek professional look and actually take the time to style it. Curly or straight, this stuff just works!

This product smells great. The scent isn't over-powering, it just leaves an awesome clean smell in your hair that is unrivaled. I'm all about that clean fresh smell, and this conditioner is perfect for that!

It made my hair soft, but it on lasted for hours

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

I had a good experience with Garnier products and figured Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream would be no different, but sadly I was wrong. I used this conditioner on my hair after shampooing and my hair felt very soft to the touch. I could comb my hair and style it in any fashion I desired. My hair also had a stronger feel and a healthy glow to it following the rinsing process. A couple of hours later and my hair was extremely dry and combing wasn't even an option. I tried this conditioner the next day and I had the same results. I tried this conditioner one more time, but this time I added some jojoba oil to the product. As great as jojoba oil is a moisturizer it was simply no match for the drying affects of this conditioner. I came to the conclusion that this product just wasn't working me. I definitely wouldn't recommend Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream because the positive affects of this product doesn't last long.

Leave in conditioner

Comments about Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

I have always been a buyer of Garnier Fructis products because I adore the smell of their products and the unique way it works with my moderately curly and somewhat frizzy hair. Sometimes I want to just have no mousse or gel or hairspray in my hair and just kind of let my hair take a breather and with this leave in conditioner I am happy to say I found the perfect product. I apply it to my damp hair every morning right out of the shower and let my hair air dry. Not only does my hair stay frizz and poof free but it has so much more life and bounce. There's no crunchy wet look that I experience with other products. I love that it gives me a really natural look and keeps my hair soft while also protecting my hair and nourishing my scalp.

It is probably one of the best leave in conditioners I have ever used. Now it's one of my main hair care regimes.

I have always thought the smell of these products is amazing. It's one of my main reasons for buying them.