2.1

Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner

2.1

Pros

Cons

Was a pretty good conditioner!

I have used both the Garnier Fructis Pure Shampoo and the Garnier Fructis Pure conditioner. I would say that I like the shampoo better, but the conditioner was pretty good also. The price is great for both and they are easy to find. I like that it is a more natural product without all the dyes, perfumes and chemicals. The smell of the Garnier Fructis Pure conditioner was nice. I really like the fruity scent to it. It goes on pretty well. I guess the only thing is that I end up putting more of this conditioner on than I do with other conditioners. It goes on a little different, but it's not too bad. I would use this again and actually have some that I am using currently in my bathroom. I would say to give it a try! It's a pretty good conditioner and it's more earth friendly than others.

It did the job for the most part. It was pretty effective in conditioning the hair. I did have to use a little extra, but the end result was pretty good.

I like the scent. It's a nice fresh, fruity and crisp smell. I like the way it smells on my hair.

I couldn't tell I had used a conditioner at all!

After receiving and trying a sample of Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Shampoo and liking it a lot, I was excited to use the sample of **Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner **that came with the shampoo. If the shampoo worked so well on my long, dry hair, surely the conditioner would work well, too, right? WRONG!

The simple fact is that I couldn't even tell that my hair had been conditioned at all after I used this product. I could barely even get a comb through my hair while it was wet. When I finally did get my hair ready to blow it dry, it kept getting tangled over and over again. I kept pulling out small clumps of my hair and that is totally unacceptable for me.

My hair is long and healthy--it is also color treated and styled with heated stying products. It needs a conditioner that is hydrating and keeps my hair from from getting split ends and looking and feeling dry and frizzy. Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner didn't provide any of those necessities for my hair! It had a nice lime like citrus fragrance, but that's about all I liked about it!

Here is what Garnier says about this conditioner:

*"Stronger, Healthier Hair with No Weigh Down. With Acerola Berry Antioxidant. 92% Biodegradable, No Silicone, No Paraben, No Dye. Discover a Purer Way to boost the health of your hair with this unique 92% biodegradable formula. This Ultra-Clean system, infused with Acerola Berry Antioxidant, provides the ultimate Daily Refreshment with no heavy residue and weightless shine. Fructis Pure Clean--A purer, greener alternative for you hair. Results: Refreshingly clean hair that's 10X Stronger, 4X Healthier, and so much Shinier!"*

- *94% Biodegradable Formula *

- *Ultra-Clean & Weightless: No Silicones, Parabens Or Dye *

- *Bottle Contains 50% Recycled Plastic*

**Ingredients: ***Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, Octyldodecanol, Parfum (Fragrance), Pyrus Malus (Apple Fruit Extract), Zea Mays (Corn Starch), Camelina Sativa (Seed Oil), Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot Kernel Oil), Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Benzoic Acid, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCI, Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride, Linalool, Hexylcinnamal, Citric Acid, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) (Sugar Cane Extract), Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon Peel Extract), Camellia Sinenis (Green Tea) (Leaf Extract), Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola Cherry) (Acerola Fruit Extract).*

**Directions For Use:** *"After shampooing, apply conditioner to hair from root to tip. Rinse. For best results, use with Fructis Pure Clean Shampoo."*

The facts that this conditioner is 92 percent biodegradable, it doesn't parabens, dyes, or silicone, and the bottles contain plastic that is 50 percent recyclable are all great and I wish it actually conditioned my hair, but it didn't. I honestly could not tell that I had used any conditioner after I used it, and I was not all at all happy or impressed with this product.

Sorry, Garnier, but you need to go back to the lab with this conditioner and fix it! I will not purchase or use this conditioner again and I can't recommend it...unless you like tangled, dry, frizzy hair. If that's the case, you'll love this stuff!

Ineffective as a conditioner

Comments about Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner:

I bought this product at a very low price after a sale and coupons, so I thought it would be worth trying. I was wrong. Usually, I can put a little in my palm and work it through my hair, but with this product, it didn't spread throughout my hair. It was like it disintegrated as soon as it touched my hair. I was not able to pull my fingers through my hair at all like I'm used to with my favorite conditioner. After getting out of the shower and towel drying my hair, I had a very difficult time getting my wide-tooth comb through my hair. In the end, it didn't make my hair feel nice, soft, or fortified any more than if I hadn't have used conditioner at all.

It really was not effective at all. There is nothing positive I can say about its effectiveness.

It didn't have an overpowering scent, which i like.

Good for the summer time.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner:

I would definitely recommend this conditioner only in the summer months. I have really oily hair and so this works great for me in the summer. It fights off the extra oil and gives my hair a really clean look. It is also able to keep it moisturized during those hot and humid months. However, it is not as good at keeping it moisturized in the winter months. My hair gets dryer in the winter and I have found this conditioner does not give me quite enough moisture in those months. I would recommend trying it in the summer when you do not need as much moisture in your hair.

It is definitely effective at the cleaning part. My oily hair was cleaned really well with this conditioner. However, it is not quite as effective at hydrating your hair.

The scent is great. It smells awesome and has a long lasting effect. I have found that my hair will hold the scent of this conditioner until the next day.

Was a pretty good conditioner!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner:

Liked the shampoo, hated the conditioner.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner:

I don't like to be overly negative in these reviews, but I absolutely would never use this product again for any reason. It was just awful. It's got a very strange consistency and is very sticky. I had to wash my hands with soap after putting on my hair. After rinsing it out, I simultaneously felt like I had used no conditioner at all and that I had used too much. It made my hair greasy and limp but also kinda frizzy. I really had high hopes for the Pure Clean conditioner because it is biodegradable and I was 100% ready to love it, but it just didn't work.

This conditioner wasn't effective at all. My hair was totally unmanageable after using it. I tried to mix it with something else to keep from wasting it, but it just wasn't salvageable. I had to use a couple of days of a clarifier to get it all out after only using it a few times.

The scent is pretty good, as it is with most Garnier products.

Shampoo great, conditioner not so much

from SalemNY

Comments about Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner:

I am a fan of many Garnier products. I am always looking for tye next best product that works perfect in my hair. I thought to give the Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner a try after loving what the shampoo did for my hair. I squeezed a bunch of this into my palm and began massaging from midshaft to ends of my hair, focusing more on the ends which are more dry and prone to split ends and breakage. I wrapped my hair up into a bun and continued my shower, leaving it in my hair for around 5 minutes. When I rinsed it out. My hair was a tangled mess and felt as though I had rinsed my hair with dish soap and not conditioner. The shampoo that goes with this conditioner worked great but the conditioner is terrible. It felt as though I didn't even use conditioner. My hair was tangled and dry and rough feeling. The scent was great but I believe a conditioner should not make hair feel so bad. I will not purchase this conditioner again.

Tangled my hair badly and left it feeling very dry.

Scent was great as most Garnier products are.

Doesn't leave my hair silky

Comments about Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner:

The Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner does smell really amazing, but sadly doesn't make my hair silky and soft. My hair still felt the same and was still very tangled and had many split ends. I like the Garnier Fructis shampoo, but the conditioner was not my favorite at all.

Save Your Money

Comments about Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner:

Save your money. Rather than use this conditioner, don't use anything at all. I usually have amazing luck with Garnier Fructis and love it. But this particular conditioner is useless. It doesn't seem to have any effect on my hair at all. It doesn't leave my hair feeling soft, doesn't make it look shiny, and does absolutely nothing for helping me brush it out after my shower. Even after using coupons to get this conditioner for practically nothing I feel that I have wasted my money.

Even if you use more than the recommended amount (which many of us do) it seems to do nothing at all. I have even tried to use more than usual and it still does nothing. It does not do anything for the look or feel of your hair and if you have long and/or thick hair, it won't do any good for its health either after you brush through the tangled mess you will be left with.

The scent of the pure clean is nothing to brag about, but it's not bad either. It's just a mild and neutral scent.

Not as good as the shampoo

Comments about Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner:

Purchased this product because I purchased the shampoo and enjoyed it. The conditioner I was surprised to see when I squirted some out, is very, VERY thick. Too thick, I think. The consistency feels too heavy. It left my hair feeling smooth but also a tad bit greasy. The formula I think needs some lightening. The scent is good. Wasn't awful conditioner, just wouldn't buy it again.

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Conditioner Pure Clean doesn't work.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner:

I was lucky enough to receive free sachets of Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Shampoo, and Conditioner in the mail. I love the shampoo, but now it is the turn of the conditioner.

My hair was clean after washing it, and so I opened the conditioner. I loved the fresh, fruity smell, and the thickness of the product. The moment I rubbed my palms together, it turned into a liquid.

I applied it to my hair, and it didn't fell like a conditioner. It didn't have that thick coating that I like in a good conditioner.

It went through my hair, but it didn't feel smooth, and my hair didn't seem to come alive. After rinsing it, I did my usual styling.

Looking at my hair, it was just okay. My hair was supposed to be: "10x stronger, 4x healthier, and so much shinier".

I think they need to go back to the drawing board on this one.

It did nothing for my hair.

I love the light fragrance.

The shampoo is great, but this Pure Clean Conditioner is not!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner:

Since I really liked the shampoo that matches this Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner, I thought the conditioner would be great too, but it's not at all! What a disappointment!

The reason why I gave **Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner** 2 stars and not 1 is because it smells great and is very eco-friendly since it is 92% biodegradable. However, if I had to rate it purely on function, I would give it 1 star.

I do love the way this product smells. It's fresh and fruity and exactly how I want my hair to smell. I could tell right away when I applied this conditioner that I probably wasn't going to like it because it rubbed right in and didn't give my hair that creamy, slimy feel that conditioners normally do when you put them on wet hair. I rinsed it out and hoped for the best. Unfortunately, my prediction was correct.

When I got out of the shower and tried to comb my wet hair, my comb would not get through my hair. It was so knotted and tangled, it took me a really long time to comb my hair out. It also felt unconditioned to the touch when wet, but when my hair was dry, it was no more or less conditioned than normal. A good conditioner makes it easy to comb out your wet hair, and this one did not.

I cannot recommend **Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Conditioner** because of the hard time I had dealing with my tangled, improperly conditioned hair. I love that it's biodegradable, but that's not enough to get me to buy this product.