3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Helps With Static Electricity

I've been using a few of the Garnier Fructis hair care products over the last couple years, and one that I really like is their leave in conditioner.

Like other Garnier Fructis...Read complete review

Like other Garnier Fructis products, this one comes in a lime green colored container with a spout that pulls up so you can squeeze out the desired amount of conditioner.

Our winter air has been extremely dry with a lot of static electricity. I first tried a rinse out conditioner to help with the fly-away's, but this didn't help much at all. My next step was to try a leave-in conditioner, and this has worked much better. I squirt out a pea sized amount, rub it between my hands, and apply it to my short hair. It does not leave my hair greasy looking, and I still have a nice shiny mane.

I also use this on my granddaughters hair. She has fine and silky hair, but when she sleeps on her back she rubs her head against the sheets and the hair on the back of her head looks like straw in the mornings and after a nap. I gently add a bit of this conditioner to her hair, wet it down slightly, and comb through it. The conditioner helps remove the snarls and it leaves her hair feeling soft and looking great.

This is a great leave-in conditioner and I highly recommend it to those who need a little more "deep" conditioning to their hair.

Works well to alleviate static cling, removes snarls okay

Pleasant citrus like scent

Don't do it!

I was using this product for close to three years up until one week ago. It will hold curls and eliminate frizz but the hair loss I have encountered is unbelievable! Not sure of what exactly is in it to cause hair loss, but you will shed like crazy. I initially thought it was related to alopecia and/or stress related...WRONG.....I decided to break from this sweet smelling, curl repairing conditioner and learned that "it" was the culprit....and by the way....the company is getting over because the product will actually do what it advertises, minus the mention of a Kentucky Fried Chicken oily mess:( So much for arguments sake.....I started out with a Jew fro to a Jheri curl and then baldilocks.....SMH......By the way I now use Mane n' Tail's..deep conditioner and you* can* leave it in.....good luck to all my fellow curly tops:)

Beautiful Hair Product!

Comments about Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner:

I love this product honestly! It works great to leave in over night after showers in a set and bonnet with another oil. It works fantastically for me and I wake up with soft, conditioned, and good smelling hair. I also use this has a sort of gel to style my hair in certain ways, but it works nothing like gel. It's much better, its not as greasy and hard, its soft and healthy! Great product and excellent choice.

Works great to get healthy hair and creates great hair styles.

Smells like beautiful flowers and fruits.

Leaves hair greasy

Comments about Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner:

This product does conditioner the hair but also makes it greasy at the same time. I tried putting less and less each time that I used it but no matter how much I used my hair still ended up greasy and dirty looking. I would not recommend this product. I have used leave in conditioner before and it never did this to my hair.

I have naturally dry hair so if someone who did not have really dry hair used this product it would make their hair even greasier. I showered and used this product when I got out before blow drying my hair and my hair looked like I hadnt washed it in days even though I just washed it. I really did not see the point in using it.

This conditioner smells good and leaves my hair smelling good but its not worth using with how greasy it makes my hair. The smell is kinda like a floral smell but it is a light smell and it fades the more you brush your hair throughout the day.

A Mildly Successful Product

Comments about Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner:

Garnier Fructis is a brand I often have mixed feelings about. Garnier is known to both frequently roll out as well as discontinue products, which often leaves a slew of goods that fall on both the high and low ends of quality. This product falls in the middle, as it does what it claims to do, just not in any particularly amazing fashion. It is a leave-in conditioner at its core, and that's essentially all that it does. While I can't knock the product for ineffectiveness, there are many other leave-in conditioners that can do the job and more, all within the same price range. I personally won't be repurchasing this, as I find cream leave-in conditioners to be messy and unnecessary when a spray can achieve the same effect with half the mess.

It prevents split ends and does make my hair feel relatively soft, but over-application of the product is much top easy and can result in thick, choppy sections. It works, but like I said, there are better products within the same drugstore price range.

I wasn't too particularly thrilled with the scent of this product either. One of the things I tend to find myself liking about Garnier products is their fresh scent, but it just isn't there with this.

No significant difference in this from their sleek & shine line

from West Virginia

Comments about Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner:

This product works well and is great on my hair but there is no significant difference in this product and their sleek and shine line. This product is supposed to be especially for color treated hair, however, I don't noticed any difference in this product from their others. They all do great with my color treated hair and I don't know that it helps keep my hair color from fading. Also, we use this on my straight hair and my boyfriends curly hair even though it isn't marketed for that and we have great results with it.

It does a good job of keeping frizz at bay in both straight and curly hair. It also helps moisturize straight and curly hair. I've noticed it's really thick and rich so a little bit goes a long way. I love that the cap reseals and that you don't need a lot of product. It works well with light hair colors and dark, as I've used it when I've been platinum blonde and when I've been a red head. No trouble with any color fading at all. Also, I can use it after styling as well as before to keep flyaway hairs more tame.

It has a great scent but it smells similar to their sleek and shine line. Also, as with most of their products, although guys do use it and like it, it isn't very man oriented. The bottle is very bright and the scent is very feminine. I am not promoting a separate scents for separate sexes campaign necessarily, but their products just smell very girly (which I love).

Moisturizing, perhaps overly so.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner:

My stylist told me that my naturally curly hair would benefit from more than just in-shower moisturizing, so I bought a bottle of Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner. It had a relatively thick (but non-sticky) texture that made it easy to spread evenly from scalp to roots (once you got it out of the bottle, which was a bit of a challenge in itself). While it added moisture and helped reduce frizz and flyaways, Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner also made my curls looser and left my hair feeling a bit weighed down. In the end, it just wasn't the product for me.

Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner added plenty of moisture. In fact, if I used a quarter-sized amount as directed, it ended up making my hair feel a bit limp (which is really unusual). However, if I used less conditioner, then it was less effective at reducing frizz. In the end, I just couldn't strike the right balance.

The sweet, fruity smell was one of my favorite things about Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner. It lingered a bit in my hair, which I liked (but might not be so appealing for guys looking for a moisturizing conditioner).

I use this in the winter and it works great!

Comments about Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner:

I use this in the winter months and I love what it does for my hair! I have really long hair so my ends split really easily. My hair can also get brittle in the winter. This works wonders in fighting both of those things. I use this same brand often times for shampoo and conditioner and then follow up with this. I have been really pleased with what this has done for my hair. I highly recommend this product if you are looking to put moisture back in your hair!

It has been really effective for me! I won't use it in summer due to natural oils but it works wonders in the winter months. I put it in my hair after a shower and it stays with me through out the entire day. I can tell a noticeable difference in my split ends and how brittle my hair is when I am using this.

I love the scent of this! I also love that I can still smell it at the end of the day when I come home from work. I get a lot of compliments on my hair when I use this product.

Not a good leave in conditioner.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner:

Just to give you a little hair history, I have naturally straight medium length hair. It is also medium in texture. My hair can be a bit dry at times, but nothing to unbearable. I like trying out different leave in products, I usually go for ones that have argan or Moroccan oil. But I've heard a lot of great things about this Garnier leave in conditioner so I decided to try it. My sister even used to use this product so I thought it would be okay for my hair.

I wanted to like the Garnier Leave In Conditioner, but it was way too heavy for my hair type. It left my hair feeling weighed down and limp. My hair also felt very sticky after using this, and it also started to clump together. This didn't help detangle my hair like it was supposed to. I also noticed this product made a lot more of my hair shed then it normally would have. It might be better for someone with thicker hair, and probably even curly hair.

I didn't finish using this bottle because I didn't feel like the leave in conditioner was doing anything positive to my hair.

This product left my hair weighed down and greasy looking. It overall was too heavy for my hair. It felt more like a conditioner that you would wash out, not leave in.

The Garnier Leave In Conditioner has a pleasant cleaning smelling citrus scent to it. It doesn't stay in your air after it dries though. The scent was the only thing I loved about this product.

Not the best

Comments about Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner:

I bought this product with hopes that my hair would be softer and shinier without weighing my hair down. I heat style my hair practically every day and I color my hair every two months so I am a big believer in damage control. I was really disappointed to find out that this product is really more like and oil than a nice leave in conditioner. It completely weighed my hair down and made me feel like my hair was dirty. Also it made my hair look extremely greasy and I didn't even put it close to the roots of my hair. Some of the product stayed on my hands afterward and I have to say it was so strange. It dried fast and it was like a shiny oil. It was not a product that I would probably recommend in the future. The scent was nice though. It was kind of a light fruity scent that really liked. Too bad the product wasn't very good. Hopefully they will work on it to make it better.

It wasn't the most effective product. I would say it was probably over effective since it left my hair looking wet and oily.

The scent was marvelous. Too bad the product wasn't.

I can't get enough of it.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner:

This products leaves my hair soft and silky, without making it feel greasy or oily. I've noticed since I've started using this product (I only use it 2-3 times a week to prevent buildup), my hair has been healthier, shinier, and smoother. I've also noticed I'm getting less split ends since using this product. It doesn't heal the ones you have, but it seems to prevent you from getting new ones.

Great for daily use!

Comments about Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner:

I use Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner on a daily basis and I absolutely love it. It smells delicious and leaves my hair smelling amazing all day long. I typically only wash my hair every three days, so this conditioner is great for keeping my hair hydrated and looking fresh between washes. One of the best things about this leave in treatment is that it isn't expensive at all and one bottle seems to last me about two months. This is really good considering that I have mid length hair and use the product daily. I was worried at first about it making my hair oily. I ended up having no problems with it. I have color treated hair and it did not negatively affect the color either. My hair stylist always compliments on how healthy my hair is. I don't dare tell her it's Garneir Fructis, but I know that this leave-in conditioner is one of the main reasons my hair is so healthy. I like that this conditioner has some weight to it as well because my hair can get pretty frizzy in the humidity. I have had hardly any problems with my hair and the humidity since I started using this product. I would recommend it to people with all types of hair!