Other Hair Conditioners:
Conditioner for Normal hair
Garnier Fructis

Pros

Cons

Sleek and Shine, indeed!!

I'm sure most of us ladies have heard our mothers say that our hair is our crowning glory & we have to take good care of it. I don't know how many times your moms reminded you when you were young how important it is to wash & clean your hair and brush it many times before going to bed each night...I got that a lot, and she would remind me every time as if i didn't understand her the first & second time and other times after that (i guess that's what mothers do, lol)...Well, i have always been a true believer & follower, and i always opt for what's best for my hair...By 'best' i mean that i use that what works well for my hair and what gives the optimum result. For my conditioner, i have chosen the Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine. I have a very long hair that sometimes gets tangled at the tips, and with the kind of weather where i live, it gets dull and dry...but not anymore since i found the right conditioner for me!! I just love how smooth my hair feels after shower, i can run my fingers through it so easily. After i dry my hair, i could really feel and see how light and shiny my hair becomes. And the fruity scent is heavenly!! My fiance just loves it, he follows me around and smell my hair every chance he gets...LOL...For best results, you might want to come up with a schedule that works for you...Like for me, i use it 3 times a week and i only use the right amount for my hair, and wash thoroughly, otherwise the hair gets clumpy.

did not add body - Hard to open, easy to tip over bottle,

I purchased both the shampoo and matching Garnier Fructis Fortifying Conditioner as a set.  It said it was for fine or flat hair.  It said it was to add body and volume.  It says it nourishes the hair, adds strength, and all day "bounce and volume".  The only change I saw was my hair felt "gooey" - it was still flat, limper and seemed to need washing sooner.

The bottle had a rounded nub on the cap to push on to open it.  I had a hard time opening the bottle when my hands were wet in the shower.  My fingers would slip right off the round nub.  I alway had to reach outside the shower for a dry towel to help me open it.  also, the plastic bottle had a flat cap - the writing direction showed that it was supposed to stand on the flat lid. But it never stood up well on its own.  It would constantly fall over - any little movement knocked it over.  I was constantly fishing this off the bottom of my tub while in the shower.  Very annoying.

I liked the smell of the conditioner, but I probably would never buy it again.  I gave it to my neice, a struggling, poor college student . and she liked it.  But then, she takes anything free these days.

Great conditioner!

from TN

Comments about Garnier Fructis Daily Care Conditioner:

Garnier Fructis Conditioner is awesome! I have long, straight hair that tangles really easily so I always need to use a conditioner that makes my hair more manageable. Garner Fructis Conditioner does just that. After I use this conditioner I can brush through my hair so easily! It leaves my hair silky, soft, and smelling good. I love how much it moisturizes my hair too. It moisturizes it enough to make my hair soft and not be frizzy, but not too much to the point my hair is oily looking. I would recommend this hair conditioner to anyone who wants pretty, manageable, soft hair. It really does work.

I have no complaints about Garnier Fructis Conditioner. It makes my hair really manageable and soft.

I absolutely love the scent of this conditioner! It is very fruity and summery. It leaves the perfect amount of smell in your hair that is not too strong. I love it and use it often.

Great for daily use.

from Liberty, KY

Comments about Garnier Fructis Daily Care Conditioner:

Good price, too. Gives you the results of the costlier high end brands but at a price that doesn't break our budget. We try to avoid brands that are below this price point because we haven't found any that really work well yet. That being said, we get manageable hair using this product. Combs go through smoothly while the hair is wet. It doesn't weigh down our hair. Non-greasy. A little goes a long way. We've found that just a dime size is more than effective if you're using it daily. A little bit more if you condition less often or if your hair is really long.

We tried a lot of brands before this one, and it's the one we're sticking with for daily usage. It protects well against heating elements. The hair is bouncy and light. Never greasy or heavy feeling. It goes on silky feeling. Rinses out well and leaves just enough behind to be effective. We find it works well on short or long hair, curly or straight. Some of us use hair coloring, and it works well for us, too.

It's a little on the strong side. If you're chemically sensitive or can't put up with strong, artificial scents, then this might not be the product for you. Scent fades as your hair dries, though. It's just strong while you're in the shower.

Good every day conditioner.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Daily Care Conditioner:

This is a good every day conditioner. It was not my all time favorite but it got the job done. I bought this based more on price than anything. It did get my hair moisturized pretty well. However, it left some of the undersides of my hair and roots a little oily. It did leave the top of my hair looking soft. It was also easy to brush after washing it. I probably will not go back to this conditioner. It did not cause any damage, but I have found others that work much better.

This was not as effective as I was hoping for. It made my hair a little oily and did not give it the look I was going for. It does hydrate hair though. If you have dry hair, this may be a great conditioner for you. I would not recommend it for oily hair.

The scent is great. It smells really nice. The scent is probably the best part about this conditioner. If you pair it with the shampoo, it will double the impact of the scent.

Works great and is affordable

Comments about Garnier Fructis Daily Care Conditioner:

All of the Garnier Fructis Conditioners work great to keep my hair manageable while not having to spend too much money. I typically put a little bit of the Garnier Fructis Conditioner in my hair, and I leave it in my hair for a few minutes. This works more like a deep conditioner, and it makes my hair easy to brush thru. It also keeps my hair moisturized so I don't have to worry about getting fly-aways or overly frizzy hair.

This conditioner also smells great while it works at keeping my hair soft and healthy. The scent is a perfect one for summer, and it keeps my hair smelling nice all day long.

I also like that this conditioner is so affordable! I don't have to worry about using too much conditioner because I know I can purchase it for a great price. Also, it's carried by basically any store you may typically visit during the week: grocery store, pharmacy, or larger convenience store.

This keeps my hair really moisturized so I don't have to worry about fly-aways. I also like that it makes it really easy to brush thru my thick hair.

Does a decent job

from Richmond VA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Daily Care Conditioner:

I do not usually use Garnier Fructis products, but when I was away on vacation and forgot my conditioner at home, I had to make do with what I could find in the hotel shop that seemed familiar enough (hotel shampoos and conditioners never seem to cooperate with my hair, so I prefer to stick with brands I'm at least somewhat familiar with). My sister-in-law recommended this since she uses it all the time. I gave it a try and I found that while it wasn't something I would want to use all the time, it was just fine for a short-term solution to average dried-out hair. It kind of over-moisturized my hair, but it was okay since I was at the beach and the sun helped to even things out. It wouldn't work for me in my normal setting.

This worked well, but perhaps a little too well. My hair ended up a little greasier than I anticipated.

I love the scent of this conditioner! It is so fresh and clean-smelling.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Daily Care Conditioner:

Their conditioner works great with my hair. It makes hair so soft, silky, and smooth. It is also great for tangled hair. Your brush just goes right through your hair after using Garnier Fructis Daily Care Conditioner. This conditioner has been the best for untangling my hair.

Really good for the price

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Daily Care Conditioner:

I have in the past and present purchased and used this Garnier Fructis Daily Care Conditioner and I must say that I really do like it a lot and I do plan on continuing on using it in the near and far future. The first thing about this Garnier Fructis Daily Care Conditioner is that it is a really good detangler and that even that I have long hair after I used this product my hair was easy to brush and comb. There is one thing I would like to see with this product is a little more moisture. This is why I gave it a nine. I can tell you that this Garnier Conditioner is very light weight so your hair will hold its style through out the day. I also must say that another good thing about this Garnier Fructis Daily Care Conditioner is that it had a very nice scent that is not too overpowering. Also this conditioner is a very good price and well worth what you pay for it. I would definitely recommend that everyone give this great product a try.

excellent hair conditioner

Comments about Garnier Fructis Daily Care Conditioner:

I love how smooth and manageable my hair is after using this conditioner. It is a decent price for the amount I get and it even goes on sale sometimes. I can always get it and its always in stock. I like to use this conditioner with the shampoo for the best results of more body and shine to my hair. I would highly recommend this conditioner to anyone because it works so well for me and I have got such wonderful results from it.

This conditioner leaves my hair manageable and silky smooth. I use it 3 times a week and it did wonders for the ends of my hair and corrected the dry split ends. This conditioner works well for someone who needs more body and if they have hair damage like I did this conditioner will help correct it.

I love the fresh clean yet fruity scent and even though I am sensitive to some scents this one don't bother me and has one of the fresher fruit scents and I love it!

Could be used on any hair

Comments about Garnier Fructis Daily Care Conditioner:

This conditioner is used as a daily conditioner and i think could and should be used on any type of hair. It doesn't have anything in it that should make your hair greasy, like leave in conditioners do. It is a very effective type of conditioner as it really does help to heal and hydrate your hair. After using it, you can feel the change in your hair, as it feels smoother, stronger, and silkier than it did before, and to be even better it feels like that after every single use. The scent is okay, it could be better and more of a scent that you actually want to smell, but it does not smell bad by any means. This daily care conditioner is also made to improve your hairs strength after every use, every single day that you use it. So every time you use it, it is strengthening, healing, and replenishing your hair. I would recommend this to any type of hair just because it is an all around average daily conditioner and doesn't specify for any specific types of hair.

Daily conditioning care for my hair that doesn't weigh it down

from Houston, TX

Comments about Garnier Fructis Daily Care Conditioner:

Garnier Fructis Daily Care Conditioner was one of those bottles I picked up in a hurry because I was on vacation and I needed something quick for my hair since the resort didn't come equipped with it (surprisingly!).

My hair is nicely conditioned without being oily or weighed down. I also like that it makes my hair feel stronger and I don't lose as much hair as I was before when I was using some other products.

Nice, fresh, citrus scent that isn't overwhelming and doesn't make me head for something else to use to get rid of the scent.