3.6
Other Misc. Styling Products:
Garnier Fructis

3.6

Natural, consistent waves without the frizz.

For those of you with curly or wavy hair, listen up. I found a great product that I just added to my basic/non cluttered hair cabinet.

**Garnier's Leave-In...Read complete review

**Garnier's Leave-In conditioner** is just what my hair needs. I like to wear my locks straight and wavy, but if I don't put some kind of product in my newly washed hair, I get frizz and/or inconsistent waves.  It's quite annoying.  If I go the gel route, I get various spots of my hair that feels stiff to the touch.  Not to mention some of the smells that come out of today's gels.

I needed a product that I could leave in, would bring out the curl, yet wouldn't make me look like a souped-up version of Shirley Temple.  I use the Fructis brand of shampoo and conditioner, so thought, 'let's see what they have in styling products'. I picked up a bottle o' the Curl & Shine Conditioner, used the diffuser and smiled at the results.  My curls were under control, I add a  bit of volume and I didn't need to use a curling iron.

Like to air dry? No problem.  On lazy days, the conditioner does its thing. I may not get the volume, but I still get the nice waves, without the frizz.

This Leave-In Conditioner Cream leaves my hair greasy and frizzy

Sending my husband shopping is always a project.  I asked him to buy me Garnier's Smoothing Milk and he wound up coming home with the *Garnier Leave-In Conditioning Cream* instead.  I decided to try it out instead of returning it because it claimed to also leave hair smooth, sleek, and shiny.

This *Garnier Leave-In Conditioning Cream* is supposed to smooth frizzy, dry, and unmanageable hair.  The directions state that you should apply a quarter-sized amount to damp or dry hair and work it through everything for even coating.  You aren't supposed to rinse it out and then should just go on to style hair as normal.

I've been using this *Leave In Conditioning Cream* for the past week and I dislike it.  It doesn't prevent frizzy hair and, in fact, somehow manages to make my hair look both dry/frizzy and greasy at the same time.  I won't throw it out because I think it may be helpful during the summer when I spend hours upon hours in the sun, ocean, and chlorine pool.  For now, though, it is in "time out" because it leaves me with an insanely frizzed-out head of hair which is something that it is supposed to eliminate.

Once you try it you'll be hooked!

from Southern Ca

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Adds Shine
  • Detangles
  • Great Smell
  • Improves Hair Health
  • Improves Texture
  • Smooths & Softens

Cons

• Curly Hair
    • Daily Use
    • Deep Conditioning
    • Dry Hair
    • Fine Hair
    • Thick Hair

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

I absolutely love this product. So do my two daughters. It leaves your hair soft and shiny. I love how it helps detangle my daughter's long hair. You can see the difference right away with the shine. I always have an extra bottle on hand. The smell is divine!!

• Hair Type:
    • Wavy Hair

Controls Frizz and not too heavy

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

I have naturally curly hair and have struggled for years to find a product that doesn't weigh my hair down. This product works great at defining the curls and controlling the frizz without pulling down the curl. I use this product with a curl defining mousse but I don't use it everyday because, as with a lot of leave in conditioners, it tends to make your hair a little greasy if you use too much of it for too long without washing it. My hair is naturally dry, so this cream does a great job of adding moisture!

Not so great

from San Ramon, CA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

I have thick, wavy hair that frizzes after washing. I hoped this would moisturize and smooth, but I really didn't notice any positive results at all. After carefully following the directions I still had dry, out-of-control frizz. Won't buy again.

Not impressed

from Franklin Square, NY

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

Why did I try this product? because I believe I had a coupon and I wanted to try to see if Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream would ease up the frizziness that occurs in my hair after I take a shower.

I am not sure what I expected from this product, but I thought that Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream would help to calm down my hair and not look so frizzy.  For me this product did not work.

I had to use a lot to get my hair to calm down and even then I felt like my hair was somewhat frizzy. I guess I expected this product to make my hair nice and smooth. Well to make a long story short , I used this product about 3 or 4 times now it's collecting dust in my bathroom cabinet.  Overall I am not impressed with Garnier Fructis products, I don't think it works for my hair type.

I believe that the price is great and there is always a coupon out that you can use to get a good deal, so give it a try and see if it works for your hair!

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

I like the Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream. I am a new user of this product and have only been using it for a couple weeks so far. I haven't had any negative results by using it yet. The reason I bought it in the first place is because it was recommended to me. I have been battling extremely staticy hair all through the winter, which has been a disaster. I was told that the Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream would solve that problem. I bought some and so far so good. I haven't had frizzy, staticy hair since I've been using it. It was not on sale when I bought it, but it was not expensive. I think that coupons are available for this product and that it is easy to find in stores. I will definitely be buying it again and I would recommend it to anyone else who is in need of this kind of product. I'm so glad that I tried the Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream!

Terrible

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

This is possibly the worst product I have even put in my hair.  i first tried this years ago and it left this thick, nasty, and it left a layer in my hair.  i tried it again recently and it is the same exact result.  This weighed my hair down and made it look greasy and just plain nasty.  The only positive about this is the smell.  It smells exactly like other Garnier Fructis products which is a nice fruity and sweet smell.  Also, if you straighten your hair I would stay away from this because minutes after you apply this, your hair turns wild and wavy.  So those with thin hair or if you like to run your fingers through your hair without feeling like you have grease on it, I would stay away.  The only way I think someone would like this product is if they have EXTREMELY thick hair and you need a product that weighs your hair down flat.  Please stay away and put you money towards something else!!

This Leave-In Conditioner Cream leaves my hair greasy and frizzy

from New Jersey, NJ

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

Does its job but leaves hair greasy

from Elkins, WV

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

I bought the conditioner because I wanted some extra oomph for my hair to protect it from daily damage.  The Garnier leave-in conditioner was a low price at the store and is a name-brand so I figured I would try it out.  It does a good job, protecting against split ends and making it shine.  My only problem with it is that it leaves my hair feeling greasy, as though I had not just washed it earlier that day.  I use a wet hair comb to distribute it through my hair evenly, so it does not all go in one spot.  And still, it makes my hair feel greasy when it is dry.  Because of that I can only use it when I'm not planning on going anywhere later that day.

The product does its job as a conditioner; however I would not use it on a daily basis and will probably not buy it again.  I would recommend the Aussie brand spray-on leave-in conditioner instead, as it does not leave any greasy residue and works well as a conditioner.

Very Nourishing

from Mount Laurel, NJ

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

I have very frizzy and thick hair. This can be a very difficult combination. In order to get the frizziness out I need a very hydrating product. But because my hair is so thick it needs a lot of product. To use the amount I need my hair ends up looking oily and not nourished. This product is a very nice combination for my hair. It is very conditioning and leaves my hair softer and easier to manage. What it doesn't do is create a grear deal of oiliness. I can use about a quarter size amount, rub on my hands and comb through my hair. Then I can either blow it dry or let my hair air dry (which I love). I wear my hair both curly and straight and I like this product the best when I wear my hair curly. It cuts down on all the frizziness that usually happens when I defuze my hair.

This is a great product and I am sure it would work for almost all hair types. For frizzy hair it is one of the best products I have found.

ICKY STICKY

from Northridge, CA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream:

I am constantly looking for the right, natural product for my extremly curly hair.. Im not impressed with the overall quality of Garnier Fructis. I wanted to try it because it seems soo luxurios and moisturizing in commercials. However, when I applied it to my hair it left my hair wieghed down, and also left a "film" or residue in my hair. However, it smells fruity! Thats the only good thing about it. Not impressed.