4.1

Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner

4.1

Pros

Cons

Fructis Color Shield, armor for your hair!

Let me tell you what I just put my hair through.... I'm in the Society for Creative Anachronism. Which is just a long fancy string of words for I spend my weekends in medieval garb and enjoy running around in 20 pounds of armor beating on my friends with sticks. No this is no Ren Fair, no swishing around in pretty gowns on a lovely afternoon. This is out in the hot sun, wind, humidity, and sometimes rain, all afternoon, sweating so much you leave a puddle if you stand in one spot for long. It's not kind to hair to say the least. And me and my (almost waist length) hair just survived a strait week of it! Well, in truth my hair came back less scathed than the rest of me, lol. I've been using Garnier Fructis fortifying cream conditioner Color Shield for three weeks now. Unlike others I've tried, this one didn't leave me with build-up after a while. Which was a great bonus at SCA war, since the showers were often ice cold. I don't think any other shampoo and conditioner I have ever used would have performed so well in ice water! I colored my hair a few days before leaving for this event. Under normal cirmunstances I would have had significant fade after an entire week in the sun. But with Color Shield, my color is as true as when I left! In addition, even with all the sweating and wind, and some days multiple showers, my hair stayed soft and silky the whole war. It didn't even go wacko in the humidity! I highly recommend Fructis Color Shield for all you fun in the sun girls with color treated hair! Even if you don't go play rough and tumble with the boys. (grin)

A decent conditioner but nothing spectacular.

This conditioner is okay but I have used so many conditioners that are much better that I can only give it three stars.

Let's be clear on one thing that you...Read complete review

Let's be clear on one thing that you should be aware of first and foremost. **Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Cream Conditioner** claims that it will "lock in color longer." Well, it also says, "When hair is nourished, color is protected: you will see brilliant, shiny color and feel lasting softness." So, there is no miracle ingredient in this conditioner that is going to make your color last longer. Any good conditioner, that nourishes your hair, will will keep your color from fading as quickly and it will also make your hair soft, brilliant, and shiny.

This conditioner is not expensive, which makes it appealing, but it also takes about twice the amount of it to condition your hair and get all of those tangles out than it takes conditioners that cost a little more. Since that's the case, you're really not getting such a great deal as it may seem. You will have to use more of **Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Cream Conditioner** than conditioners that cost a little more, so in reality, when it comes to saving money, buying this product really isn't going to help you much, if any.

I also noticed that my hair became heavier and heavier after a couple of weeks of using this conditioner. The product caused build up in my hair that it's coordinating shampoo was unable to wash out. My hair started to look as if it had no bounce or volume, and since I have fine, long hair that needs extra volume creating hair products, that was a problem for me.

I was satisfied with the shine **Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Cream Conditioner** gave my hair, and it did make my hair soft and shiny and smell nice. It did not do anything to help keep my hair frizz free (I had to use smoothing cream to make my hair straighten with my flat iron), and after awhile the conditioner began to weigh down my hair. In my opinion, the cons outweigh the pros when it comes to this particular conditioner. That surprised me because Garnier has recently been making many products that I like very much.

This is an okay conditioner, but it is not anything special, and it my seem to be a good value, but since you have to use so much of it, it really isn't such a great value after all. It may nourish your hair, but it also weighs it down after continuous use, which is something I don't like at all.

There isn't anything terribly wrong with **Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Cream Conditioner** but there isn't anything terrific about it either. I used the entire bottle that I bought, but I doubt I will ever buy it again because there are better conditioners, for about the same value on the market, and I choose to buy and use those instead.

Unfortunately, based on my personal experience with this conditioner, I would not recommend it.

Garnier Fructis Color Shield Conditioner

Comments about Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner:

I really like this whole line of hair products. Ever since I started coloring my hair I have noticed many things. First off, even with the best hair color on the market I start to see grays in as little as a month. Second, my hair is dryer than it's ever been, and in the shower more comes out due to breakage. So I saw this color fortifying conditioner and decided to give it a try. It smells wonderful, like all other Garnier Fructis products. It is very thick and works into the hair strands nicely. I choose to use it all over my hair, but this does require to use much more. It goes on well and doesn't slide off. Really does provide moisture and hydration to the hair, and the scent is amazing. A little bit will go a long way. I have noticed with continued use, my hair color does not fade as fast as it had been. To sum up, this is a quality product and I recommend it for color treated hair.

Wonderful, amazing, delicious!

Smooth and shiny

from Edina, MN

Comments about Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner:

Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner is a great conditioner not only to protect and help last your color, but to make your hair stronger, shinier, and silkier. I like to use it to add the extra boost of strength to my hair. I don't dye my hair, but I like how this conditioner seems to bring out natural highlights and make the overall color look healthier and stronger. You only need a small amount and I have really long hair. A little bit goes a long way. It is soft and gentle so you can use it for everyday with no problem. I would recommend it for people with long, short, wavy, curly, straight, normal, or dry hair. It has a really nice scent to it, as all Garnier products do. Its one of their trademarks I think. The price is good for what you get and it lasts you a long time. I have been really happy with my experiences with Garnier products. They have a lot to offer at an affordable price.

Not the most effective, but smells AMAZING!

Comments about Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner:

I got Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner after dying my hair black and desperately hoping it would help to make the color last longer. t didn't seem to protect the color much, if at all, but as a basic conditioner I simply love it. The pomegranate scent is simply amazing, very fresh and the formula leaves hair soft, smooth, and shiny.

Effective as a good quality conditioner, however not effective at helping keep the color locked in longer.
I noticed a definite increase in the smoothness and shininess of my hair after only a few uses, and that is saying a lot for someone who has a lion's mane of curls! I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a good quality, affordable conditioner - just remember to keep looking if you need your hair color to last awhile.

Delicious! Fruity, fresh and delightful. Smells even better when combined with the other products in the line, such as the matching shampoo.

Fabulous Conditioner

Comments about Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner:

This is a wonderful conditioner from a brand that definitely knows what it is doing. It delivers exactly what it promises. I have been very satisfied and impressed with this conditioner. Not only do i use it, but I use it on my kids and it really brings out the life in their hair, making it look like a lot of work went into styling their hair when in reality I just comb it.

This is a very effective conditioner. It always leaves my hair looking shiny and gives it a very soft feel. It also gives my brown shade a much more vibrant look, like I just colored it at a salon. It really is a wonderful product that is worth much more than what you pay for it.

This conditioner has such a nice scent. It isn't so overpowering that you'll be smelling it from across the room and it fills your nostrils all day. it is a nice subtle scent that people who get close to you will definitely notice.

Garnier Frucis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner

Comments about Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner:

I have very dry hair from coloring and this conditioner works great to protect my color and conditioner my hair. I like to get the most out of my color and try to use products that will help to enhance the color and protect my hair at the same time. This conditioner works great, has a great smell and is affordable. Sometimes you can even find this product on sale and combined with a coupon it is an even better deal. I have been coloring my hair for years and have tried many products over the years. This conditioner works just as well as the more expensive products. You don't have to spend a lot of money to get the results you are looking for.

This conditioner works great to make my dry hair soft. I usually use the color protecting shampoo along with the conditioner and together they work great. It makes my hair very soft and not as frizzy without weighing it down.

I like the smell of this conditioner. It has a fruity smell.

Helps maintain color

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner:

I ran out of my regular conditioner, but had Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner at my disposal. I started using this conditioner after I dyed my hair back to it's natural color. I applied a generous amount of this formula to my hair and left it in for 20 minutes. I rinsed my hair with cold water in hopes that my hair wouldn't lose its rich vibrant color. To my surprise my hair still looked rich in color and almost identical to the day I dyed it. I repeated this process for the next couple of months and my hair stayed relatively rich in color. Thanks to this conditioner my dyed hair blended in well with my new growth. I was able to maintain my hair color for 10 weeks before it started to lose its richness. I would definitely recommend Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner to anyone whom is looking to maintain their vibrant dyed hair color for a long period of time.

Good conditioner for color treated hair.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner:

I purchased this conditioner to try and maintain some of the blonde color I had added to my hair. Coloring your hair is expensive so I wanted it to last as long as possible. This conditioner did a good job at nourishing my color treated hair. It definitely helped repair some damage from the color. However, I did not notice a huge difference in the amount of time the color lasted in my hair. It definitely moisturizes color treated hair and makes it look soft and smooth. However, it does not keep the color in your hair longer. I still had to touch mine up frequently using this. It is a good product though. I would use it again.

It was effective at moisturizing my hair. It was also effective at making it look good. It was not effective at keeping the color in my hair any longer. It faded as normal even using this.

The scent is great. It stays in your hair a long time as well. I get a lot of compliments when I use it.

It's an inexpensive conditioner...you get what you pay for!

Comments about Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner:

Because I have been coloring my hair now over the last year, I wanted to find a good conditioner, CHEAP, that would help keep my hair healthy and help my color to last longer. Garnier Fructis products have always seemed to be pretty good, so I bought this and gave it a try. I don't have anything bad to say, but I can't really rave about it either. I guess it, like so many other conditioners, does make my just shampooed hair softer and easier to comb out, but it doesn't really seem to make any difference with my "little frizzies" that stick up (new growth or broken hair, not sure which they are), nor do I find my color is lasting any longer. So overall I would say it's OK, but doesn't stand out over any other conditioners in the same price range.

It conditions....meaning just that! It gives my just shampooed hair a softer feel and leaves it easier to comb, but that is where it ends. I don't think it does anything any more effective than other conditioners.

The scent is very nice. I say this because I don't buy any hair product unless I like the scent.

Awesome color lasting conditioner.

from Bay City, MI

Comments about Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner:

I've used other color shield conditioners but I would have to say that this Color Shield Conditioner is the cream of the crop of conditioners for color treated hair. This specific conditioner makes my color last long. It keeps your color bright and very healthy looking. It makes your hair soft and silky. When I get my hair highlighted I like it to lasts for around three or four months so using this product does make it last at least that amount of time or more. I recommend this brand for lasting color treated hair.

It's very effective in doing it's job at color shielding your color treated hair. It also makes your color treated hair manageable and soft. I like my conditioner to be effective at making my highlights last for a long time,and not fading the color of my hair.

This conditioner has a very nice smelling scent. Very pleasant scent that isn't over powering like some other brands.

Fructis Color Shield Conditioner good for all

from Cloverdale, IN

Comments about Garnier Fructis Color Shield Fortifying Conditioner:

I absolutely love this conditioner. I have paid a lot in the past for shampoos and conditioners upon the advice of professionals, only to be out a lot of money and disappointed in how my hairs looks and feels. I do have and have never had my hair color treated. And as a mistake purchased it not seeing or paying attention it was a color treated conditioner. Much to my surprise I love it, it makes my hair soft and looking smooth. I have tried others in this line and other lines and found none to be as good as this one is for making me feel good about how my hair looks and feels. So if your hair is not color treated I do recommend you try this one if you like your hair to look and feel soft and smooth, I don't think you will be disappointed. I say my hair is not color treated as I don't want to rate it as though it was. I can only speak for myself.

It is effective overall, I have found nothing wrong with this conditioner.

I love the scent as it is pleasing and not overwhelming.