Other Shampoos:

Garnier Fructis Body Boost Fortifying Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Garnier Fructis Body Boost a shampoo that really works

Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo Body Boost is finally a shampoo that actually does what it says on the bottle.  Convenient flip top lid for in the shower.  this sleek small bottle is easy to handle with wet hands.  The first thing that I noticed about this product is that it has an absolutely incredible smell. The energizing ginseng really did wake me up in the morning.  How can you say it?  It's one of those smell that just really right not to cute or to fruity.  Not some of the wall super organic natural extract stuff.  Just a nice refreshing clean smell.  Garnier really got this one right.  I have long, thin, fine,color treated, limp locks.  The kind of hair that just kind of hangs there.  But this shampoo really gave my hair a little something extra.  My hair actually moves.  It really does lift at the root giving the hair at the top a little movement instead of it just being weighted down.  In addition, my hair looked thicker.  I work in the warehouse not exactly glamor city.  It takes some work but it's easy to get a complement from the guys.  However, you know it is really a great product when the other women in the office notice you changed shampoos and actually take the time to comment about it.  I admit I have no clue what most of the things are that are in the product.  I just know that for me personally it worked and I hope that it does the same for you.

Nice scent but leave hair feeling greasy and unwashed.

I was so excited when i found this shampoo on sale I had seen all commercials and was dying to try it. I have long, thin, straight hair that is hard to style because it just wont hold any curl and this body boost seemed like it would do the trick. The first time I used it I thought maybe i just didn't get it all rinsed out because the rest of the day my hair seemed greasy and unkept. I gave it another shot the next day and got the same results greasy hard to manage hair. I have tried to use it with and without the garnier fructis body boost conditioner just to see if I could get the result that I was looking for with no luck. The scent of the shampoo and conditioner are really nice and it lasts all day. Overall I am really unhappy with the shampoo and conditioner, I have two full bottles that are still unopened because I just can't use them. I would never recommend it to friends or family but I would be happy to give away the bottles that I have now.

Smells great while cleaning my hair.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Body Boost Fortifying Shampoo:

I am very fussy about what I use to wash my hair. My wife had a coupon and bought this for herself. My shampoo ran out and I was stuck using her shampoo until I could pick up my brand. After one use, the Garnier Body boost Shampoo is now our brand of shampoo. I was amazed at how full of life my hair was. My hair smelled great, was clean, and looked vibrant not dull or boring. My wife has very fine hair and this shampoo gives it a fuller look with more bounce. I highly recommend this shampoo to everyone.

This shampoo is the best shampoo that I have ever used. It is very effective at what it does. This shampoo gave my hair new life. It was ironic that the day I first used it my a few of my co-workers asked me if I had a hair cut, because my hair looked different. Their comments proved to me that I was right. This shampoo is awesome.

The scent is extremely pleasant and easy on the nose. It is not harsh or chemically smelling.

Garnier Fructis is a dependable backup when on sale

from New York, NY

Comments about Garnier Fructis Body Boost Fortifying Shampoo:

I used to purchase Garnier Fructis shampoo with some regularity although lately my purchase habits have decreased. I now only purchase Garnier when it is on sale and my preferred shampoo brands (Pantene, Tresemme, Clairol and Clear) are not. I was able to purchase the Garnier Fructis Body Boost Fortifying Shampoo while on sale recently (after using a coupon I paid less than 50 cents for the bottle). The first thing I noticed is that Garnier has changed the packaging design of their bottles. This is actually a big plus. I really was not a fan of their old bottles. I had to tight tooth and nail and broke many a nail trying to open the silly bottle with a tiny round ball for a cap. They have still stuck with a small round ball but it is now on the side of the bottle which at least allows me to push up with my thumb to open it. They have also made the bottle see through. This has pros and cons. The pro is that I can now clearly see how much shampoo I have left in the bottle, the bad is that it just looks much cheaper.

As for the shampoo itself, it is ok. The results are nothing fantastic although for 50 cents it was definitely worth the money spent if for no other reason than it did actually do a good job of cleaning my hair. The claims that it would give my rather limp and unruly hair great body though were slightly oversold. To be honest I didn't notice a great difference in the look of my hair. It didn't seem any less frizzy or any more manageable. It did feel shinier so that was a plus. I also don't remember Garnier shampoo having such a distinct apple scent to it. This shampoo had a rather strong apple scent. I like the smell of the apples which was a good thing given the strength of the scent. If you are not a fan of strong fruity smelling shampoos then this is not the shampoo for you.

gave me a lot of volume and body

Comments about Garnier Fructis Body Boost Fortifying Shampoo:

I have very flat hair that needs volume and movement. I have tried a lot of shampoos out there that supposably make your hair have more body and most of them don't work. I seen this shampoo advertised and in a magazine and decided to purchase it. It gave me amazing results. My hair instantly felt like it was deep cleaned from root to tip. My hair felt so much fuller and it felt a lot healthier. I had a lot of movement in my hair and my hair was a lot shinier. This shampoo gave me the volume I needed. My hair went from flat to full. I use this shampoo from time to time when I need that volume in my hair. Not to mention the smell is awesome. I love my hair smelling like citrus all day. I would recommend this shampoo for someone who has thin hair or flat hair that want extra fullness in there hair. The Garnier shampoos are inexpensive and affordable which is a major plus to this shampoo.

Fructis

from Vincennes,IN

Comments about Garnier Fructis Body Boost Fortifying Shampoo:

I use garnier products often, but mostly when I need a change from my normal boring shampoo. Garnier shampoo body boost is a great shampoo for me when I have residue build-up in my hair. I have a very unusual hair type, it is oily, but it is also dry and flat. I have been using garnier body boost shampoo more often lately because it has been making my hair more manageable and full than my normal shampoos have. The smell is wonderful and invigorating. I know this may sound silly but the smell helps wake me up in the morning and uplifts my mood. I have tried many garnier shampoos and have liked all the ones I have tried and the scent are wonderful. I have tried herbal essence shampoos before because I like the scent , but I prefer the garnier brand because it makes my hair soft. It seems that all the herbal essence brands I have tried dry my hair out. I would recommend this shampoo especially to anyone who has flat, fine, or oily hair. Also to anyone looking for a great smelling shampoo to uplift their mood!

Garnier Body Boost | Great Shampoo, But No Extra Boost

Comments about Garnier Fructis Body Boost Fortifying Shampoo:

I have used several Garnier shampoos, so I decided to try out the Body Boost variety to see if it would give my hair some extra oomph. The length of my thick hair tends to weigh it down and cause the hair around the scalp to be rather flat.

Garnier Fructis' Body Boost did a great job cleaning my hair. There was no residue, and my hair was shiny and smooth into the next day. Just like the other varieties I have tried, the Body Boost had a great fresh scent that made it enjoyable to use. It also left my hair smelling good after it dried.

The one downside for me was that the Body Boost didn't give my hair any extra body or boost. I couldn't tell a difference between it and other non-boosting shampoos.

This is a great shampoo for the price, especially because you can often find it on sale, and get coupons for it online or in the newspaper. However, if you're looking for a shampoo to give your hair extra body, keep on looking.

Great, inexpensive shampoo for fine hair

from Winnetka, IL

Comments about Garnier Fructis Body Boost Fortifying Shampoo:

I really like this shampoo! My hair is somewhat oily and this cleans effectively without weighing down my fine hair. The price is right as well. I know better than to spend a lot on shampoo-- they are all use the same types of ingredients. In addition, this one is okay to use on colored-treated hair since it does not have any harsh ingredients like sodium lauryl sulfate.

Gets hair clean and rinses out easily.

light, pleasant, unobtrusive scent

Waste of Money

from Uniontown, PA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Body Boost Fortifying Shampoo:

The only reason this product got a satisfactory rating was due to its great fragrance. The product barely lathers, I end up with very little shine or softness, and it gave my hair no body. I would recommend buying another product instead of wasting your money on this one.

As a long time Garnier customer, I am greatly disappointed.

Comments about Garnier Fructis Body Boost Fortifying Shampoo:

I have Garnier Fructis products for years, and have always been well satisfied EXCEPT for this product: Body Boost Fortifying Shampoo. On day one my fine hair is listless, with no body. On day two it is listless and looks greasy. A great disappointment.

Greatest Shampoo ever, Garnier Fructis Body Boost

from Alexandria, LA

Comments about Garnier Fructis Body Boost Fortifying Shampoo:

Garnier Fructis Body Boost shampoo is the ultimate in body boosting shampoos. I have used other brands that promised to give my hair beautiful body only to find out they were nothing like they claimed to be.  My hair would still come out looking flat and dull after using them.  I stumbled on to the Garnier Fructis Body Boosting shampoo strictly by accident.  I found myself in the shanpoo aisle ofthe store, opening the bottles and sniffing for a fragrance that I liked.  I know if the "hidden" cameras were on me, the store security must have thougth I had a fetish or I was crazy one.  I went through so many bottles of shampoo it was just weird.  I had about given up when I noticed the Garnier Fructis Body Boosting Shampoo.  I was doubtful that this bottle would be any different than the other 20 or so I had opened. I slowly opened the cap and gently lifted the bottle to my nose.  I fell in love, it was like love at first sight (or would that be first sniff??). The aroma of the Garnier was just what my nose wanted, craved, desired.  I had to have it.

I have never regretted purchaseing this Garnier Fructis Body Boosting shampoo for not one minute.  I use it daily and it doesn't dry out my hair.  It gives me the boost of body I was looking for and makes my hair shine.  My hair is very manageable and since it gives me much more body, I can easily cover my "little" bald spot in the top front of my head!!!!

Finally full hair all day

from Maybee, MI

Comments about Garnier Fructis Body Boost Fortifying Shampoo:

I am so excited to finally find a shampoo/conditioner that truly leaves my hair filling full all day. Having baby fine hair is no fun and trying to find a product that does what it says has been impossible. No matter what or how much you use it's still flat in a few hours. I can actually blow dry my hair, add very little hair spray and it looks and feels full all day. Thank you so much.....