Other GPS Devices:
Portable Car GPS
Garmin
010-00540-12
Garmin nuvi 660 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Summary

The Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS Receiver feature a simple touchscreen interface. Includes Waypoint Icons, MP3 Player.

Garmin nuvi 660 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Big screen-but yet light weight

I really love my Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS. The thing being it has a big wide screen, which makes it possible to look up the screen when driving at times and also the availability and support of blue tooth is another thing which is very cool feature. This feature helps me talk hand free while driving. The text to speech is also good. But the downside is the cost of this unit. Sometimes makes me feel that may be 360 with small screen would do in place of 660 and it also has the bluetooth and text to speech feature as it is less expensive as compared to 660.

But if the prices of 660 comes down, probably would like to buy another one.

still waiting for signal...

Everyone with a car, in my house, has this GPS...It is a great product when you are totally lost...Looking for a store, but can't remember the name? Just type in where it is located near, and it gives you a list of possibilites!

This device even has many language options!  We play around with the device to learn our left and right in many languages.  A lot of fun to do when you are driving to a familiar location.

I am just curious... why do they always give the long route? We timed our routes versus the GPS route, and our ways around to familiar areas were shorter...do they have some secret deal with the gas stations???

Other than the long route issue, I just have one more problem...It sometimes takes a while to find signal.  Once I almost got lost, we were unfamiliar with where we were going, and they GPS would not find service for 20 minutes!

Small but functional.

from Omaha, NE

Comments about Garmin nuvi 660 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

Here's review for my second GPS system I have - Garmin Nuvi 660. It's wide screen unit with pretty good battery life and lots of other features was very nice investment. We bough it mainly because of bigger screen, Bluetooth, MP3 and text to speach functionality. It has no problem to catch sattelite signaly and it's doing it very fast. Voices pretty good and you can load new ones along with car image. We bought vent mount to this GPS and now we can easily move it from one car to another and we don't worry that somebody will see sign of GPS in the vehicle and broke it down to get it. We used it for all long trips we had and it always accurate and we can completely rely on it. We've never lost again after this purchase. Text to speach feature just great! It tells you right away where you need to run and what's the street name that you need to turn into. I found this very usefull. I would highly recommend this unit for my friends.

• Processing Speed:
  • Map Quality & Accuracy:

Very good. Expensive but worth it.

from Parlin, NJ

Comments about Garmin nuvi 660 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

Garmin nuvi 660 GPS is exceptional product that has been launched by Garmin. It has all the features that can be asked for. These new product can take to your destination without getting lost. You can be on drive and talking without holding ur cell phone. Moreover, the voice quality for hearing and talking to other person is speechless. I really loved that. It also has MP3 player which is use on long drive, since I dont have mp3 in my car (no changing of CD's). Also the picture viewer and other cool features are something that can be showed off. It is light, handy and big screen. It is definetly worth to buy this GPS.

Handy if you are a US traveler

from Dixon, KY

Comments about Garmin nuvi 660 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

The Garmin nuvi 660 is a great device as long as you are only traveling in the U.S.  World maps are available for purchase but in my view are greatly overpriced.  For what you pay for the Garmin 660, world maps should be included. The Garmin user site is not easy to navigate and it is not imediately clear which accessories go with which model. With all that said, I'm still happy with the product. The Bluetooth alone is worth a lot. No more fumbling to make or answer calls while driving. I like the slim design that fits easily into a purse.  Would I buy this model again? Probably not. I would go with one that has globle maps.

Overall, a good, handy device w a few shortcomings.

from Redlands, CA

Comments about Garmin nuvi 660 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

The Garmin Nuvi 660 is an overall good GPS device.  It has voice caller, which my previous Magellan did not.  However, this feature requires you to be extremely accurate in your pronounciation of people's names, which can be an annoyance.  You also need to press a few buttons to get on to that feature too.  The map view feature has a few options, which is helpful.  Also, it is compatible with mp3s, jpgs, etc.  However, when I loaded pictures onto the nuvi, they were very slow in loading onto the slide show.  The speaker quality is excellent and works wonderfully w mp3s.  The nuvi picks up the satellite quickly when you are on the road, however it does not pick up any signal when you are at home or in an area where there is a roof, which is an annoyance when you want to punch in your trip information at home before leaving.  I was in Hollywood last weekend and the nuvi did not have most nearby restaurants or bars/clubs.  It had a few, but it was noticable how many were missing.  Also, the nuvi system is confusing on freeways and did not guide me smoothly through Los Angeles freeways as it would tell me to stay left when I clearly needed to make a right; this occurred several times.  Lastly, while the Magellan had voice activation (eg. "Find nearest gas, cancel route, etc.), nuvi does not have this.

Great Pocket sized large screen GPS

from South Jordan, UT

Comments about Garmin nuvi 660 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

This was my first GPS and it has been wonderfull. Suddenly you are able to find a gas station or somewhere to eat or sleep no matter where you are, even if you have no Idea where you are!  The bluetooth phone integration worked great with my Moto Razr. I would recoment this to anyone looking for a quality auto GPS.

never get lost again

from Rochester, NY

Comments about Garmin nuvi 660 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

Automatically calculates routes, and re-calculates if you go off the specified route or miss a turn. You can get a route to your home from any location. The only problem I had was that initially, it only recognized odd numbers on my street, so I had to use an address that was close to mine, but was odd-numbered. I got a new model and this issue was resolved.

Changed the way we travel!

from Fort Bragg, CA

Comments about Garmin nuvi 660 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

The Garmin Nuvi 660 is fabulous for car navigation.  We use ours whenever we travel, and it has changed how we approach navigation in a new city.  We no longer have to pour over maps and have one person drive while the other tries to navigate (and gets car sick from reading maps).  We love the fact that we can look for nearby ethnic resturants - I just wish it had Zagat ratings included (like the Mio does).  We even use it around home because it plays MP3's through the car radio, so we have it with us just for music, even if we don't need it to navigate.

Garmin stands behind its products....A must have

from Fairborn, OH

Comments about Garmin nuvi 660 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

This is an excellent product by a reputed brand which stands by every product they make. Just call up customer service and you will know what i'm talking about. The GPS functions flawlessly and has more than 7 million POI's. The maps are the best out there. Much Much better than anything out there.

WARNING:.....If you use garmin 660 once you wouldn't be able to use any other GPS systems....its simply that good.

top of the line accuracy, features, and reliability

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Garmin nuvi 660 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

The garmin 660 is an excellent travel tool whether local or traveling away from home.  It provides a brighter screen than previous models, as well as faster signal acquisition.  The bluetooth enabled cell phone service is a must for safety and accessibility.  The maps are usually very accurate, although the points of interests for restaurants are often outdated.  However, it's indespensible to getting around without needing internet access to mapquest or other!

The Garmin 660 has everything I want including bluetooth

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Garmin nuvi 660 Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I have the Garmin 660 and I think I would be lost without it.  I have always had a hard time finding my way around.  I spent the last 3 years in Denver, Colorado and I am sure I would not have found half of the places without the Garmin.  No mater where I went all I had to do and stil do is get an address and punch it in and it takes me right to where I want to be.  I have taken trips around the country and it works just fine no matter where I go.  Even in simple places where I live.  And one of the best aprts is that when I do get some place and I want to return home all I have to do is press home and it directs me right back to my house.

One of the reasons I picked the Garmin 660 is that it has Bluetooth capabilities.  I am one of those that will not answer a cell phone when I am driving unless I do it throught the Garmin 660.  The only thing I maight say bad about this is that if I want to make a call it has a problem understanding my commands.  But it works fine for answering calls.

I have not tried all of the features but am happy with what I am using.