Other GPS Devices:

Garmin nuvi 265 265W 265T 265WT Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator

Pros

Cons

I love the nuvi 265 wt

I absolutely love the Nuvi 265 WT.  I knew nothing about a GPS.  So I went online and went to a couple of different stores to play around with it.  At first I loved how the TOM TOM worked and how easy it was to use but noticed that the color was very bright.  So I tried the Garmin which has a noticeable difference in color.  The color on the Garmin is very bright and easy to see at night.  I love that it tells you what time you will arrive at your destination and it also tells you what the speed limit is in most places.  My favorite thing is that it tells you which way to go if you miss a turn, which does happen sometimes.  This one also tells you what restaurants are around you and which ones are coming up.  It's super easy to use when putting directions in.  The only thing is that it doesn't show some addresses even though the address has been around for a couple of years.  I love the Nuvi 265 WT and wouldn't want any other model.

Average Device

Its Garmin.  The brand that everyone seems to love.  But there isn't alot to love about this particular GPS.  Although it is within budget and has many standard features, this GPS just isn't that great.  You do get the voice navigation where it reads out the road name (text-to-speech), the traffic signal for free (but not available in all areas), and also the 4.3 inch screen size.  The GPS lacks the more advance features like lane guidance (it guides you to the proper lane to be in) or junction view (view of the freeway junction so you know where to merge).  Also, the GPS is kind of slow.  The map refresh rate does not go that well.  It is hard to tell and see on the map where you are suppose to turn.  By the time it refreshes, you would not have seen it.  It also does not warn you on when to turn in advance.  You have to get rather close to the intersection or the place where you want to turn (100ft -200ft) before it says, turn on so and so street.  But that's too late.  If you didn't know you were suppose to turn at this intersection, then you would have passed it.  Oh, and the sound is rather soft.  Garmin's specialty is soft sound.

Loving the Nuvi!

Comments about Garmin nuvi 265 265W 265T 265WT Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator:

I purchased this GPS when the family was going on vacation. It has a ton more features than the others I seen at the store. My favorite feature is that it shows actual road signs, which tells you what lane of traffic you need to be in to take a certain exit. It runs very smoothly and it always connects with the signal very quickly. For the price it is a great buy.

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Good for a basic gps but leaves me wanting more.

from Ventura, CA

I have had this for several years and was at first completely satisfied before I found out about what newer gps items can do. This is very good if you just want a basic gps that you can rely on. It is a high quality product but I just want more. For instance, I would like to be able to do more with finding locations close to where I am or to one another. This one is great if you know where specific stores are to one another, but if you don't know where the closest one is, this does not always find the best place.

Processing Speed
At times, there could definitely be an improvement in speed.

Map Quality & Accuracy
Overall the maps and accuracy are great and very reliable. However, it sometimes does not give the closest or best option. For example, if I want to find the closest coffee bean, it will lead me to one, but on the way I will pass a coffee bean.

Extremely easy to use, even my mom, who has difficult time with technology, can use it!

THE ONLY GPS FOR ME

FITS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND, EASY TO READ, GIVES GREAT ACCURATE DIRECTIONS.

Processing Speed
LESS THAN A MINUTE ONCE I PUT IN THE DESIRED LOCATION OF MY DESTINATION.

Map Quality & Accuracy
TRAVELING TO PLACES I AM NOT SURE WITH ISN'T AN ISSUE WITH THIS BY MY SIDE. BEFORE I FELT ANXIETY ABOUT GETTING LOST NOW I DON'T HAVE TO. DRIVING AFTER DARK TO PLACES I WAS UNFAMILAR WITH I WAS ALWAYS UNSTEADY ABOUT.

YOU DO NOT NEED A FOR DUMMIES BOOK TO FIGURE THIS ONE OUT! THE BACKLIGHT IS BRIGHT ENOUGH FOR ME TO SEE, AND I DO NOT HAVE TO KEEP MY EYES OF THE ROAD LONG WHILE USING THIS EITHER.

Good GPS

from Patchogue, NY

Overall this is a good GPS. Mine came with traffic reports which are usually usefull and timely but sometimes not. Has bluetooth and I was able to connect it with my cell phone.

Processing Speed
Speed is good. It has never failed to acquire a satelite.

Map Quality & Accuracy
Maps are accurate but sometimes the directions don't make any sense. Most of the time it is fine.

Menus and user interface are intuitive.

Garmin Nuvi is decent

from Belleville, IL

This is a great little convenient product for those who do not wish to use their smartphones as a GPS. We use ours without fail on all of our trips that are over three hours away. There is a slight delay at times in the audio portion and you will get a warning to turn about 20 yards before you need to turn. A very decent, economical product for those who do not have or not interesting in using their smartphones as a GPS.

Map Quality & Accuracy
I would have given this a 5; however, there are times when the directions are incorrect, despite having a recent map pack installed.

Just input your destination address and within seconds, the satellites hone in and you are on your way. Very easy to use...

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

Perfect to get you anywhere you need to go!

I have been very pleased with my garmin gps. It's easy to get updates for them so you will continually have the best guidance and direction to all your destinations. It's handy that it's portable so you can take it with you not only on long (or short) car trips, but outside while you may go hiking, etc.!

• Map Quality & Accuracy:

you get what you pay for on this gps.

Little disappointed after couple use of this gps. I got this for my parents since their car does't have a build-in gps. the price is good. however, the features are not as good as I expected. It takes a while to locate the current location. Sometimes it won't recognize an address even though it's a not new address (at least over 15 years). The bottoms are not very easy to use. After a while, my parents just gave up. It sits in the drawer since.

Good GPS

I got this a Christmas present from my mother-in-law due to the fact the I was doing a lot of driving. I was originally using my phone for navigation, but having my phone freed up made me feel more comfortable in the event of an emergency. Also the route options made this product even better.

Overall great product

from Ankeny, IA

This is one of the better GPS models that I have seen or used. I like that it is easy to use as the menu buttons go straight to search criteria and don't make you go through a bunch of different steps. However, it seems to be slow to load up when I first turn it on at some times. It also seems to take longer to load broad search items at a slower pace than others.

Works when it wants to

from West Bloomfield, MI

I was so excited to finally get a gps. I had been told by many (my husband included) that you should buy a garmin, so I did. It is pretty easy to use...when it wants to work. I have been stuck in other states, relying completely on my gps for guidance and all it does is search for satellites. Thank goodness I could follow a friend whose gps could find a satellite! This has happened on numerous occasions. I now print out directions before I go...just in case. Needless to say, I am purchasing a new gps this holiday season.