4.1
010-00621-00
Garmin nuvi 250 250W Portable GPS Navigator

Garmin nuvi 250 250W Portable GPS Navigator

4.1

I Haven't Gotten Lost Once since purchasing my Garmin- Nuvi 250!

The Garmin-Nuvi 250 is the only navagational device I have ever owned and I could not live without it! My husband is in the military so we're constantly moving. I would always get extremely nervous when we went to a new city and I didn't know where anything was. I would search mapquest, write out my own directions, and print out maps- none of which were very helpful once I was in my car.

I got my Garmin right before moving to the Washington DC metro area and it has made my life incredibly easier! SInce I'm originally from a small town, driving in a major city is a little stressful for me- especially if I have no clue where I'm going. I love that I can just type in an address and my Garmin will get me there!

About some of the features: The touch screen is nice, but seems a little difficult to use when compared to an iphone. I also wish it were possible for the road names or exit numbers to be given instead of a simple command of "turn right". Sometimes I have to look at the screen to look at the road names which are really small causing me to take my attention off the road. Every once in a while the Garmin will give me incorrect directions- tell me to make a u turn when I simply need to turn, tell me to go the wrong way down a one way street... Even with these issues, I know that the Garmin will eventually get me to my destination. I love that it recalculates the directions if you miss a turn or prefer to go another way. I also like that you can search for gas stations and food and the Garmin will give you a list of the closest ones. tg

The Garmin makes trips so much less stressful and I would reccommend it to anyone.

Great if you want to get lost and take the long way

This unit was bought when I took on a job in outside sales covering six states. Since my territory is in the Mid Atlantic I felt this would be very helpful. Initially, it was a great help. When appointments would change or cancel I could alter my plans on the fly. After awhile I felt that I was driving all over the place unnecessarily. I checked the system on routes I knew the best way. It was consistently taking me out of the way. After the maps needed upgrading I noticed that the system would route me differently than in the past. As a result, I started ignoring the routes at times to test it. The most frustrating part is when I ignore the route in favor of the fastest method. Suddenly when it reroutes to match my way the expected arrival is FASTER than their route. I contacted Garmin about this and they recommended upgrading the maps to fix it. Problem there is that the cost of the map upgrade is nearly the cost of a new system. I don't know if this is common with Garmin but I am not happy with this system.

The Garmin nuvi - the best way to get from point A to B !

from Conyers, GA

Comments about Garmin nuvi 250 250W Portable GPS Navigator:

The Garmin nuvi is very easy operate and has never gotten me lost. Easier to understand than other GPS devices I have tried.
Updating maps are simple as plugging into your computer.
Points of Interest are current - easy to find resturants, gas stations, banks, and entertainment venues with just a few steps.

Processing Speed
Once I turn on my Garmin - it takes less than a minute to be up and ready for me to input my destination

Map Quality & Accuracy
The map my Garmin came with is very accurate and new updated maps are available online.

Easy info entering.

• Processing Speed:
  • Map Quality & Accuracy:

Great if you want to get lost and take the long way

from Warminster, PA

Garmin 250W is worth the money

from Galena, OH

Comments about Garmin nuvi 250 250W Portable GPS Navigator:

I bought the Garmin Nuvi 250W on sale and have definately gotten my money's worth. My first recommendation is to buy the wide screen version of what ever model you decide on. Garmin at this time makes the same functions two models and one has a W agter the model number and this is the wide screen denotation. If you compare the two sizes side by side it is a no brainer. One of the best features of this unit is how quickly it reroutes you if you miss your turn, which I have done several times. The next best feature is if you have a usb cable you can go to google maps and find the address you need, then go to top right of the map and click on send and you can send it directly to you garmin. It is way quicker than typing it in on the device itself. You just need to download a small program from garmin to do this. Also dont forget to register because they will give you a free map update. If you dont have a gps this is one to consider.

Good, except for the address imput protocol

from Provo, UT

Comments about Garmin nuvi 250 250W Portable GPS Navigator:

I liked this and actually preferred it over my "Tom Tom," but did not like the way in which you have to put in an address.  In the job I had, spraying pest control, I preferred the Tom Tom because of putting in so many addresses.  But the Garmin did save me a few minutes during driving time by finding a faster route in a few instances.

Perfect Road Trip Companion

from Madison, WI

Garmin - Nuvi 250W GPS Receiver

We were in a fix for purchasing a GPS before buying our new car. We were undecided when our car dealer tole that we will get a GPS with our car. We were Skecptical but went ahead with. Know we dont regret making this decison. The GPS is a good fit for people like us who like travelling. It has all the different features which let us find out a lot of destinations just based on their name. Where ever we are we can find a resturant or a park and any attraction that we might have missed.

The graphics of the GPS is also fun and the voice quality is also very clear.

The only thing that somtimes trouble us is that sometimes it takes a lot of time to acquire satellite.

Rest everything else is good about this product

worth every penny.

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Garmin nuvi 250 250W Portable GPS Navigator:

I drive a bunch all around Georgia.  I used to get lost several times a day looking for locations for work.  In the indusrty I work in time is money.  After getting tired of getting lost i decided to try a gps system.  I bought a garmin nuvi 250w.  At first i did not trust it but i was proven wrong real fast.  Not only does this gps get me where i need to go, it also gets me there the fastest way possible.  I did a job down in south Georgia and used teh garmin to arrive at my location.  I got there a little early so i started to play around with the Garmin and found that it not only tells me diresctions, it also finds local restraunts and hotels.  I found a hotel on the gps and next to the hotel name was also a phone number for me to call.  That saved me time and stress.  Also that night I aswell as some coworkers wanted a nice meal for dinner. i searched for local steak houses in the area and was suprised how accurate the results were.  We all had a great meal thanks to teh gps.  If i did not have it we would have ended up eating fast food.  I refuse to drive anywhere without my gps.  Garmin has not only saved me time it has also made my life a little less stressful.  I would recomend this device to anyone.

I dont leave the house without it

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Garmin nuvi 250 250W Portable GPS Navigator:

I am sure that I am not using all the features that it provides!  I received this item as a Christmas Gift and literally plugged it in and went....ever since I take it with me wherever I go.  We have even used it off road several times while hiking.  I was against having a GPS in the beginning and would have never spent the money myself but after having this unit I would be lost without it

Garmen is the greatest

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Garmin nuvi 250 250W Portable GPS Navigator:

I first used one through a car rental to find my way through a strange city.  When I got home I raced out and bought one and have been happy ever since.  the only thing I wish I had gotten is the street is called out by name instead of turn right here.  I found that at a multi street intersection that could give you a choice af streets rather than specific.  But it has NEVER let me down

Awesome widescreen GPS

from Lima, OH

Comments about Garmin nuvi 250 250W Portable GPS Navigator:

The Garmin Nuvi 250W GPS is an awesome little device. The wide touchscreen works great. It has lots of points of interest and the directions have been very good so far. It is missing some perks of the more expensive models, like speaking the name of the roads you need to turn on (it just gives a direction like turn right now instead of turn right on Broadway) but it is a great device for the price.

The only thing I don't like is that I put the charger in my coat pocket one day and had it in there for a day. I took it out of my pocket when I got home and put it away. Then another day later, I reached in my pocket looking for my car keys and came out with a plastic ring and a fuse. A couple pieces were missing and then in between getting the pieces back to the charger and putting in back together, I lost the fuse as well. I have e-mailed Garmin and received no response.

It doesn't come with a USB cable for the computer, but most people with any kind of gadgets have them laying around. I have about a dozen. There are a few different sizes of USB plugs, usually different at each end - the one it needs is a standard cable, it is not proprietary.

It can take awhile to acquire satellites, but I am also used to having an outside antenna on my husband's vehicle for his GPS.

I would recommend this to a friend.

garmin is now a necessity

from Fayetteville, AR

Comments about Garmin nuvi 250 250W Portable GPS Navigator:

Bought the garmin for my husband because he travels every week. I chose this model for its size and street name directions. Sometimes she, yes our garmin is a woman, gets fooled but give her a second she gets back on track. I cant say anything bad except having to pay for updates is a bummer.