Other Detergents:
Gain
Gain with Febreze Freshness Hawaiian Aloha Liquid Laundry Detergent

Gain with Febreze Freshness Hawaiian Aloha Liquid Laundry Detergent

Cons

Aloha, Gain with Febreze Freshness...it's very nice to meet you!

I absolutely love everything about Hawaii and the tropics, and Fabreze is one of the best products ever created, in my opinion, so when I saw a bottle of **Gain with Febreze Freshness Hawaiian Aloha Liquid Laundry Detergent **sitting on the shelf at Wal-Mart, I had to try it. I'm so glad I did, because it's a lot less expensive than Tide With Fabreze but it cleans my laundry very well and makes it smell just as wonderful as Tide With Fabreze.

**Gain with Febreze Freshness Hawaiian Aloha Liquid Laundry Detergent **gets my laundry very clean, which is what matters most when it comes to any laundry detergent. I have four sons that make doing laundry an aggravating chore for me because they get filthy, sweaty, nasty dirty. I need a detergent that will get in there and really clean our laundry, and Gain has shown me that it has the ability to do just that. The wonderful scent of the tropics is the icing on the cake!

The Febreze Freshness Hawaiian Aloha scent isn't a flowery type of tropical fragrance, it's more of a light citrus meets some mango and pineapple. It may not sound delicious by my description, but it really is a terrific scent that is light and fresh and it has a lot of staying power. The Fabreze in this detergent gets rid of smelly, dirty, sweaty odors and leaves behind a lovely tropical smell that is hard to beat. I usually prefer simple clean, breezy fragrances when it comes to laundry products, but this tropical scent is light, it isn't overwhelming, and it won me over with one sniff. My four sons and husband also noticed the fresh, fruity scent and they also like it very much.

My only problems with this product are that it doesn't make my laundry soft or static free, and it dosn't contain an added stain remover or stain fighting booster. I have to add Oxi-Clean to my laundry or use another stain remover on clothing if someone has spilled mustard or chocolate on themselves, before I wash those items with this Gain. It does a wonderful job on sweaty clothing with normal, everyday spills and spots, but it's not a stain fighter that doesn't need any elbow grease or a little boost. It does need a little help with getting out stubborn stains.

Also, if you use this product and want super soft laundry, you're going to need to add some fabric softener or dryer sheets to your laundry. Since the Febreze Freshness Hawaiian Aloha scent is not available in any of Gain's softening laundry products, I use Gain Island Fresh dryer sheets in my loads that I wash with **Gain With Febreze Freshness Hawaiian Aloha Liquid Detergent**. The fragrance of the dryer sheets isn't quite the same, but it is fresh and tropical. It has more of a tropical flower scent than the detergent, but it also has some of the fruity, citrus scent that is found in **Gain With Febreze Freshness Hawaiian Aloha Laundry Detergent**. Since it's a dryer sheet instead of a liquid freshener, it isn't too strong and it doesn't overpower the wonderful scent of the detergent. That works for me.

I save money when I buy this product and I like the way it smells and the way it gets my family's laundry noticeably clean. It would be a 5 star detergent if it had a booster for stains and a matching fabric softener. I still like it very much, though, so it gets 4 stars and I do recommend it.

Such a Disappointment

I tried a jug of this detergent because it was on sale and I had a coupon. I smelled it in the store and thought it would be okay. I was wrong. This detergent appeared to have gotten the dirt and stains out of my clothes, but it left the clothes with a nasty smell like B.O. and mildew. I thought it was just me, so I tried the detergent a few more times. No luck. I made the switch back to Tide even though it's a bit more money. I do have sensitive skin and this detergent didn't leave my clothes or skin feeling itchy and irritated. I do not recommend this detergent because laundry should smell fresh and clean, not like it's been in the bottom of a sweaty hamper for a few weeks.

Visibly the dirt and grime was out of the clothes but my clothes smelled horrible! The smell was a combination of B.O and mildew--just gross.

The scent of the detergent while in the jug is not bad at all but after washing the clothes something happened and all that was left was an unpleasant stench.

A must for gym clothes

from detroit michigan

Comments about Gain with Febreze Freshness Hawaiian Aloha Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Forever, I was a die hard Tide fan and I still am. I usually use Cheer for my colored clothes that are nicer ( the ones i bother ironing). I was looking for a different detergent to use for my workout clothes to make them smell nicer but remain clean. I tried Gain years ago and i just wasn't impressed. It may have had more to do with the new front load washer but i've tried it again and i LOVE it. I usually use it for my workout clothes, colored socks and underwear.
This detergent does a good job cleaning sweat out of clothes and the usual dirt that can come with the cardio/weight lifting etc. Also, it's nice that if you are like me and only wash when the bin is full which could be 2 weeks after you've worn the clothes, it still smells great. I also have to say that in comparison to Tide, the clothes also come out of the dryer softer.

I recently started using this in conjunction with bleach with my white towels and i'm loving it. All in all, this is a great detergent. I've used it on the around the house t shirts that have had pizza sauce or whatever else i've eaten spilled on it and no complaints.

• Was this a gift?:

My favorite scent

from Murfreesboro, NC

This is my favorite scent of Gain. I love gain. They always leave clothes smelling fresh and soft.

• Was this a gift?:

I would buy this detergent again!

from Bayonne, NJ

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

I love the smell and it works great. My clothes are always fresh and clean. They always have a great smell. I have no doubts about this product at all. I recommend it to everyone I know. You can't go wrong with gain.

love the smell and price

from Colorado springs CO

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

Good use for quantity

Gain Febreeze Freshness Hawaiian Aloha Liquid Laundry Detergent

from Hermiston, OR

I love using this Gain with Febreeze Freshness Hawaiian Aloha Liquid Laundry Detergent in the summer time. When my laundry has finished the wash cycle, there is just enough of a fresh tropical scent left in the threads of the fabrics, that it reminds me of being on a tropical island. Wearing those clothes washed in this detergent in the summer sun just blends very well together. The bottle is easy to hold onto. The cap is easy to remove, easy to pour detergent into and is easy to pour into the washer. I don't need to use the full recommended amount for each load when I use this detergent. so buying this detergent is very economical. I find the detergent has no problems in washing my clothes clean. When I do have to use a spot treatment before washing my clothes, the spot treatment does not alter the scent of this detergent. The price of this detergent is very good also.

Febreze makes a difference...

from Williston, VT

Febreze in the detergent helps the laundry smell especially clean and fragrant so this is a detergent I use for workout wear, especially t-shirts and gym socks. I find a good machine washing, dryer sheets, and a thorough machine drying are necessary to truly eliminate sweat odors. We are blessed to eat delicious "ethnic" meals often so our sweaty clothes can emanate garlicy/clove-y/onion-y odors (gross, I know LOL). Gain with Febreze Frshness Hawaiian Aloha is an effective part of my process to launder clothes back to a state of wearbaility.

Especially good detergent for clothing more sweaty than dirty/stained. The laundry will only smell truly fresh with hot water washing, dryer sheets, and a thorough drying by machine.

I enjoy it. Full disclosure: I am a fan of Hawaii in general. Tropical, ocean, palm tree, sunset view... scents evoking these mental images agree with me.

Smells so good

from Cleveland, OH

I lived with a friend of mine and she had this detergent so I tried it and I'm glad I did. My clothes felt so clean and fresh like they were brand new. And they smelled so good. I was very impressed with how long the scent lasted even after sitting in a drawer or closet for awhile. The one down side is that sometimes it is pricey. It does not go on sale very often and I've only been able to find coupons a few times. Sometimes if my budget is tight one week I have to forego this brand and get something else. I have used this detergent on my husband's, my son's, and my own clothing.

My clothes feel very fresh and clean after I wash them in this detergent. The towels, sweaters, and fleecey clothing feel softer. I was very pleased with this detergent and the way it cleaned my clothes.

The scent is amazing and it lasts for a long time. It smells like Hawaii and flowers and its just so sweet and wonderful. I feel like I;m in a tropical place.

Smells so good!

from Phoenix,Az

Gain with Febreze Freshness Hawaiian Aloha Liquid Laundry Detergent is fantastic! I think it works very well and I even love the name of this product. It makes the clothes so clean, soft, and smelling so fresh. Gain is a wonderful brand and has products that work. The Febreze also helps keep the clothes smelling so good and helps to keep the odors away for a good amount of time. The price is quite reasonable. I have only used this a few times,but i would be willing to try it again.

I think that the performance of this product is wonderful! It does such a great job of cleaning the laundry and making it feel so soft and fresh. It makes your whole closet smell so nice,just like a tropical flower garden.

I really do think that the pleasant scent is simply amazing! it makes everything smell so good,very nice and fresh and really makes my day brighter and happier. It even makes doing laundry fun,although I never thought I would say that.

Pretty good product

from Ellerslie GA

I have previously and in the past purchased and used this Gain with Febreze Freshness Hawaiian Aloha Liquid Laundry Detergent and found that I really did like this product and have been using it off and on since it first came out. First of all I have always loved Gains Laundry Detergents and this one is no different. First of all I found that this laundry detergent did a wonderful job cleaning all of my clothes even the hard to clean close of my young child who loves playing outside and getting her clothes dirty. Second this product really did help keep my whites white and clean. The third thing I love about this product is the scent it is not to overpowering but very light and kind of floral. Very clean smell that I love. Another good thing about this product is that the price is very reasonable and affordable. It does go on sale quite a bit so keep your eyes out. I would certainly recommend that all of my friends and family try this Gain with Febreze Freshness Hawaiian Aloha Liquid Laundry Detergent.

One of my favorites

from Bayonne, NJ

Love this detergent. Smells great and does what its suppose to do. My clothes feel great and no lingering smells. Now a days everything is expensive so I'm only choosing for quality of product rather than price. This is my favorite scent and defiantly does its job.