Other Detergents:
Gain
Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent

Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent

• No (3)

clean, fresh smelling laundry time and time again !

Foolishly, I'm always trying something new in laundry detergent just to see what all the fuss is about. Well, to be perfectly honest I keep coming back to Gain Original Fresh because **it works**; it whitens, brightens, removes stains  and smells **so fabulous.**

A capful is more than sufficient to do a large load, it works in hot or cold water as needed and is low sudsing as well.  As previously mentioned, Gain has one of the best scents on the detergent market, it lightly lingers on clothing even after they've been folded and put away. It's a treat to pull out a t-shirt or a pair of socks and have that fresh clean scent waft up all over again, even after weeks of sitting in the drawer, gotta love it.

Gain is often on sale so from now on I'm simply going to resist the urge to 'try something new' and smartly stock up on several bottles so I never run out.  I also use Gain drier sheets for static free clothes and soft fluffy towels.

This stuff cost me nothing, and it was worth it!

With great fanfare, Procter & Gamble have announced the introduction of new ***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock*** which is now available in stores.  Long before this was an official part of the Procter & Gamble galaxy, however, I was given a free bottle of it to use as part of the development and testing phase.  Before the product was released, I was sworn to confidentiality which I respected.  Now that the stuff is out on the shelves, however, my understanding is that the gloves are off and I can say what I want about this product.

**WHAT THIS IS:**

***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock ***is an upgraded version of current Gain laundry detergents and softeners.  ***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock ***contains microscopic scent beads that remain in fabrics which have been laundered and dried.  When these beads are subjected to fricton and break, they will release the fresh smelling scent of Gain from the fibers.  That's the **good **news.

**THE BAD NEWS:**

If scent is important to you, then you might enjoy ***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock ***in all its manifestations (I tried the ***Original Scent ***version).  As it so happens, the thing **I am **passionate about is how my clothes **look**, especially the clarity and character of colors.  I have a lot of colors in my wardrobe which I have chosen carefully and enjoy very much.  As I continued to work my way through the big jug of experimental ***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock***, I noticed that the appearance of my clothes began to change.  The colors seemed to fade and become progressively duller.  I attributed this to the natural effects of age (because I tend to wear my clothes for years and years) and I felt a little sad about it because it seemed to me that my clothes might have been coming to the end of the trail.  Never once did I connect it to the detergent I was using until I just happened to come to the end of the ***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock***.  After I changed back to using All Liquid Detergent, it only took a couple washes to restore my clothes to how they had looked before.  To see the beloved colores restored like that almost seemed miraculous.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock ***seems to clean laundry and it cannot be denied that it leaves a pleasant scent but I felt that it had a negative impact on the appearance of my clothes and therefore cannot recommend this new product.

I love the original scent of Gain!

from East Lansing, Michigan

Pros

• Great smell
  • Long lasting smell

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I use Gain original scent laundry detergent almost everyday doing laundry for a large family. Along with the Gain original scent detergent I also combine using it with Gain Original scent liquid fabric softener and also the Gain original scent fabric dryer sheets. Using them all together leaves me and my families clothes smelling wonderful with an everlasting scent. In my opinion, gain original scent is the best when it comes to getting clothes and laundry clean and also smelling wonderfully fresh. Never would I imagine using another product on me and my family clothes and laundry. Thank you for making such a great product and I look forward to continuing being a very proud and loyal customer of the Gain brand. Thanks again from the Parker family!

Smells Wondergul

from tx

• Smell

Cons

• function

• laundry

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I love Gain's products and I especially love the scents Gain creates. However Gain's Original Scent laundry detergent smells wonderful it just doesn't clean very well. Many people have had good luck with this detergent, I just haven't had very good luck. But I do still buy it. It isn't good for my clothes, but it's wonderful for things like my bedding and my curtains. I will buy it just to wash the fabrics that typically don't get incredibly soiled. I buy a small bottle of detergent, dryer sheets, and the fabric softener to use on the couch covers, curtains, and my bedding just for the smell. The scent lasts for weeks and I haven't ever had anyone tell me that it stinks. In fact it's the most known scent that I know of. But I would still recommend this detergent just for the smell of it, don't expect it to take out any stains though.

• Was this a gift?:

Every time I use gain detergent there's a relieved sensation

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

It is my pleasure in using gain. This is a privilege and a way to appreciate the freedom of having perfection given to your own home. Every one should use Gain. It's affordable, and all you have to do is use a little elbow grease and your just as good as any name brand. It also is a natural stain lifter with a great scent that is given so you can smell clean and professional where ever you go! What a great deal your family could have. This is the real deal. You get what your asking for with a way to bring a smile to your family member! No one should pass up a product such as this. It is a way to make a brighter, fresh smelling you! What more could any one ask for?

• Was this a gift?:

Yes I love the smell!!!!!

from Sevierville Tn

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I use this for laundry soaking clothes with set in stains. If you have really bad stains soak in cold water overnight.

My favorite!

from TN

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent! It is my absolute favorite laundry detergent to use. I love all of the Gain scents that I have tried out, but the original scent is for sure my favorite. This laundry detergent cleans all of my clothes really well! I love that I do not have to use a pretreatment on any stains because the laundry detergent gets the stains out by itself. My dad's work clothes even come clean and they usually have a lot of grease, dirt, and sweat on them. One thing that I love about the scent is it carries on throughout the house! After washing our clothes in this detergent they smell great for a long time. They smell good all day while you wear them and they also smell good if it is something that is hanging in the closet for a while. I would recommend this detergent to others because it works really good. Also it comes in a variety of sizes so it can be affordable for any budget.

I receive positive feedback

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Gets Stains Out
        • Great Scent
        • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
        • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

• Cleaning
        • Home
        • Laundry Room

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I have been using this detergent for years. I have always received compliments on how my clothes smell. Many different coworkers tell me everyday they need to know what detergent I use and tell me how effective it is. I don't really notice the smell anymore, probably since I've been using it for so long, but I love the smell when I open the bottle. Being a wife and mom, I have lots of laundry every day to wash and fold and the great smell makes it a little more enjoyable :-)

Best detergent and amazing scent just a little pricey.

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

When I have extra money to spend I always go for gain. If I had the choice gain would be my number one choice no doubt. Almost my entire family uses gain. It is a very trusted brand in my family from my mom to my great grandma. We have always stuck with gain. I recommend gain to all my family and friends. Not once have I heard any complaints about the product whatsoever.

Using this product its definitely one of my favorite brands but just a little too pricey for my budget. When I have the extra money to spend I do always buy gain. With four messy kids it always gets the jon needed done. My kids get into everything and anything that can make a mess.

Best detergent scent there is. Gain is definitely at the top with all their scents and this would be one of my favorites! My clothes always stays smelling amazing. The scent lasts for days! I could just stand there smelling my clothes for hours on end. I have always loved the scent and always will.

The right product for an active family

from Oak Park, IL

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

We switched to Gain for their Lock in scent. We have active children so they can get pretty ripe. Plus I run and that is not always pretty. It nice to feel confident grabbing a shirt and know it will not smell like you just ran a marathon in it. I love the original scent but they have a variety for an preference. We pair it with Gain fabric softener.

Strong Scent

from IN

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent is an effective cleaning detergent with a strong, lasting scent. The strong, long lasting scent was the thing that stood out the most with Gain. If you are sensitive to smells, this is not the laundry detergent for you, as the florally-clean scent stays with your clothes for quite a while, and at first can seem overpowering. This is a scent you can notice all day long as you are wearing the item, or after hanging in your closet for a few weeks, the clean scent is still there. Gain is a Proctor and Gamble product, and being so offers that high quality clean we expect. Your clothes will come out clean, even my sons muddy kneed play jeans came clean with a little Gain rubbed on the knees. Gain laundry detergent is made for HE washers, so you can safely use Gain in any washing machine. This is a great all purpose, entire family liquid laundry detergent.

Can tend to be overpowering.

Love this stuff!