Other Detergents:
Gain
Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent

Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent

Pros

• Easy to use (8)
  • Effective (8)
  • Gets stains out (8)
  • Great scent (8)
  • Safe for delicate clothes/skin (7)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (4)

• Laundry room (9)
  • Home (5)
  • Cleaning (4)
  • Dorm (4)
    • No (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Homeowner (4), Parent (4)

clean, fresh smelling laundry time and time again !

Foolishly, I'm always trying something new in laundry detergent just to see what all the fuss is about. Well, to be perfectly honest I keep coming back to Gain Original Fresh because **it works**; it whitens, brightens, removes stains  and smells **so fabulous.**

A capful is more than sufficient to do a large load, it works in hot or cold water as needed and is low sudsing as well.  As previously mentioned, Gain has one of the best scents on the detergent market, it lightly lingers on clothing even after they've been folded and put away. It's a treat to pull out a t-shirt or a pair of socks and have that fresh clean scent waft up all over again, even after weeks of sitting in the drawer, gotta love it.

Gain is often on sale so from now on I'm simply going to resist the urge to 'try something new' and smartly stock up on several bottles so I never run out.  I also use Gain drier sheets for static free clothes and soft fluffy towels.

This stuff cost me nothing, and it was worth it!

With great fanfare, Procter & Gamble have announced the introduction of new ***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock*** which is now available in stores.  Long before this was an official part of the Procter & Gamble galaxy, however, I was given a free bottle of it to use as part of the development and testing phase.  Before the product was released, I was sworn to confidentiality which I respected.  Now that the stuff is out on the shelves, however, my understanding is that the gloves are off and I can say what I want about this product.

**WHAT THIS IS:**

***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock ***is an upgraded version of current Gain laundry detergents and softeners.  ***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock ***contains microscopic scent beads that remain in fabrics which have been laundered and dried.  When these beads are subjected to fricton and break, they will release the fresh smelling scent of Gain from the fibers.  That's the **good **news.

**THE BAD NEWS:**

If scent is important to you, then you might enjoy ***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock ***in all its manifestations (I tried the ***Original Scent ***version).  As it so happens, the thing **I am **passionate about is how my clothes **look**, especially the clarity and character of colors.  I have a lot of colors in my wardrobe which I have chosen carefully and enjoy very much.  As I continued to work my way through the big jug of experimental ***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock***, I noticed that the appearance of my clothes began to change.  The colors seemed to fade and become progressively duller.  I attributed this to the natural effects of age (because I tend to wear my clothes for years and years) and I felt a little sad about it because it seemed to me that my clothes might have been coming to the end of the trail.  Never once did I connect it to the detergent I was using until I just happened to come to the end of the ***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock***.  After I changed back to using All Liquid Detergent, it only took a couple washes to restore my clothes to how they had looked before.  To see the beloved colores restored like that almost seemed miraculous.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock ***seems to clean laundry and it cannot be denied that it leaves a pleasant scent but I felt that it had a negative impact on the appearance of my clothes and therefore cannot recommend this new product.

Love this product!

from Vinton, La

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

Gain laundry detergent is amazing! It takes the odor and grime out of my six munchkins clothes! My kids and myself have sensitive skin and this detergent does not cause any irritation at all!

The best

from Mobile, AL

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I always use Gain original for my laundry needs. Leaves your clothes smelling great and clean.

Can't go wrong

from Alabama

About Me Renter

Pros

• Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

Gain has been a staple in my household for years. It wasn't what my mom used when I was growing up, but when I got old enough to do my own laundry and buy my own detergent this was what I chose. I love the clean fresh smell that it gives my clothes and it cleans very well. It's the original and it's the best... always will be in my opinion. Gain is a bit on the pricey side, but I believe you get what you pay for when it comes to the detergent. I love to try different detergents, but I always come back to this one!

Who doesn't love Gain!?

from Paris, Tx

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive
    • Small Volume

• Travel

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

Well I use it in my everyday laundry needs. I like the smell of fresh clean laundry and it makes me happy. It has a crisp scent one anyone could enjoy. Gain is a top brand and you can always expect greatness from the company. I have never been disappointed by the brand.

I will use again for my laundry needs.

from Anniston, AL

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I just recently changed my laundry detergent to Gain. I changed because of the scent. My clothes smell amazing, that is what led me to buy Gain. My clothes are very clean when they come out of the washer. I have not had any set in stains to test but I don't see this as a problem. I will continue to use this product. I wish that it was not as expensive but I will be looking for coupons.

Best Detergent

from Winchester, VA

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

Gain is the best detergent I have ever used, I love it above all others. It's the only detergent I use now. It keeps your clothes smelling fresh. It also keeps colors vibrant longer and my kids and I have never had allergic reactions to it like we have with other detergents in the past.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Best product

from El Paso,texas

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Gets Stains Out
        • Great Scent
        • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
        • Simple Instructions

• Travel

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I love the way this detergent smells and it fights stains. My clothes always smell and look good. Thanks to this brand !

I love the original scent of Gain!

from East Lansing, Michigan

Pros

• Great smell
          • Long lasting smell

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I use Gain original scent laundry detergent almost everyday doing laundry for a large family. Along with the Gain original scent detergent I also combine using it with Gain Original scent liquid fabric softener and also the Gain original scent fabric dryer sheets. Using them all together leaves me and my families clothes smelling wonderful with an everlasting scent. In my opinion, gain original scent is the best when it comes to getting clothes and laundry clean and also smelling wonderfully fresh. Never would I imagine using another product on me and my family clothes and laundry. Thank you for making such a great product and I look forward to continuing being a very proud and loyal customer of the Gain brand. Thanks again from the Parker family!

Smells Wondergul

from tx

• Smell

Cons

• function

• laundry

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I love Gain's products and I especially love the scents Gain creates. However Gain's Original Scent laundry detergent smells wonderful it just doesn't clean very well. Many people have had good luck with this detergent, I just haven't had very good luck. But I do still buy it. It isn't good for my clothes, but it's wonderful for things like my bedding and my curtains. I will buy it just to wash the fabrics that typically don't get incredibly soiled. I buy a small bottle of detergent, dryer sheets, and the fabric softener to use on the couch covers, curtains, and my bedding just for the smell. The scent lasts for weeks and I haven't ever had anyone tell me that it stinks. In fact it's the most known scent that I know of. But I would still recommend this detergent just for the smell of it, don't expect it to take out any stains though.

• Was this a gift?:

Every time I use gain detergent there's a relieved sensation

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

It is my pleasure in using gain. This is a privilege and a way to appreciate the freedom of having perfection given to your own home. Every one should use Gain. It's affordable, and all you have to do is use a little elbow grease and your just as good as any name brand. It also is a natural stain lifter with a great scent that is given so you can smell clean and professional where ever you go! What a great deal your family could have. This is the real deal. You get what your asking for with a way to bring a smile to your family member! No one should pass up a product such as this. It is a way to make a brighter, fresh smelling you! What more could any one ask for?