Other Detergents:
Gain
Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent

Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent

Cons

clean, fresh smelling laundry time and time again !

Foolishly, I'm always trying something new in laundry detergent just to see what all the fuss is about. Well, to be perfectly honest I keep coming back to Gain Original Fresh because **it works**; it whitens, brightens, removes stains  and smells **so fabulous.**

A capful is more than sufficient to do a large load, it works in hot or cold water as needed and is low sudsing as well.  As previously mentioned, Gain has one of the best scents on the detergent market, it lightly lingers on clothing even after they've been folded and put away. It's a treat to pull out a t-shirt or a pair of socks and have that fresh clean scent waft up all over again, even after weeks of sitting in the drawer, gotta love it.

Gain is often on sale so from now on I'm simply going to resist the urge to 'try something new' and smartly stock up on several bottles so I never run out.  I also use Gain drier sheets for static free clothes and soft fluffy towels.

This stuff cost me nothing, and it was worth it!

With great fanfare, Procter & Gamble have announced the introduction of new ***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock*** which is now available in stores.  Long before this was an official part of the Procter & Gamble galaxy, however, I was given a free bottle of it to use as part of the development and testing phase.  Before the product was released, I was sworn to confidentiality which I respected.  Now that the stuff is out on the shelves, however, my understanding is that the gloves are off and I can say what I want about this product.

**WHAT THIS IS:**

***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock ***is an upgraded version of current Gain laundry detergents and softeners.  ***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock ***contains microscopic scent beads that remain in fabrics which have been laundered and dried.  When these beads are subjected to fricton and break, they will release the fresh smelling scent of Gain from the fibers.  That's the **good **news.

**THE BAD NEWS:**

If scent is important to you, then you might enjoy ***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock ***in all its manifestations (I tried the ***Original Scent ***version).  As it so happens, the thing **I am **passionate about is how my clothes **look**, especially the clarity and character of colors.  I have a lot of colors in my wardrobe which I have chosen carefully and enjoy very much.  As I continued to work my way through the big jug of experimental ***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock***, I noticed that the appearance of my clothes began to change.  The colors seemed to fade and become progressively duller.  I attributed this to the natural effects of age (because I tend to wear my clothes for years and years) and I felt a little sad about it because it seemed to me that my clothes might have been coming to the end of the trail.  Never once did I connect it to the detergent I was using until I just happened to come to the end of the ***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock***.  After I changed back to using All Liquid Detergent, it only took a couple washes to restore my clothes to how they had looked before.  To see the beloved colores restored like that almost seemed miraculous.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

***Gain Liquid Detergent with Freshlock ***seems to clean laundry and it cannot be denied that it leaves a pleasant scent but I felt that it had a negative impact on the appearance of my clothes and therefore cannot recommend this new product.

Yes I love the smell!!!!!

from Sevierville Tn

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I use this for laundry soaking clothes with set in stains. If you have really bad stains soak in cold water overnight.

• Was this a gift?:

My favorite!

from TN

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent! It is my absolute favorite laundry detergent to use. I love all of the Gain scents that I have tried out, but the original scent is for sure my favorite. This laundry detergent cleans all of my clothes really well! I love that I do not have to use a pretreatment on any stains because the laundry detergent gets the stains out by itself. My dad's work clothes even come clean and they usually have a lot of grease, dirt, and sweat on them. One thing that I love about the scent is it carries on throughout the house! After washing our clothes in this detergent they smell great for a long time. They smell good all day while you wear them and they also smell good if it is something that is hanging in the closet for a while. I would recommend this detergent to others because it works really good. Also it comes in a variety of sizes so it can be affordable for any budget.

I receive positive feedback

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

• Cleaning
    • Home
    • Laundry Room

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I have been using this detergent for years. I have always received compliments on how my clothes smell. Many different coworkers tell me everyday they need to know what detergent I use and tell me how effective it is. I don't really notice the smell anymore, probably since I've been using it for so long, but I love the smell when I open the bottle. Being a wife and mom, I have lots of laundry every day to wash and fold and the great smell makes it a little more enjoyable :-)

Best detergent and amazing scent just a little pricey.

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

When I have extra money to spend I always go for gain. If I had the choice gain would be my number one choice no doubt. Almost my entire family uses gain. It is a very trusted brand in my family from my mom to my great grandma. We have always stuck with gain. I recommend gain to all my family and friends. Not once have I heard any complaints about the product whatsoever.

Using this product its definitely one of my favorite brands but just a little too pricey for my budget. When I have the extra money to spend I do always buy gain. With four messy kids it always gets the jon needed done. My kids get into everything and anything that can make a mess.

Best detergent scent there is. Gain is definitely at the top with all their scents and this would be one of my favorites! My clothes always stays smelling amazing. The scent lasts for days! I could just stand there smelling my clothes for hours on end. I have always loved the scent and always will.

The right product for an active family

from Oak Park, IL

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

We switched to Gain for their Lock in scent. We have active children so they can get pretty ripe. Plus I run and that is not always pretty. It nice to feel confident grabbing a shirt and know it will not smell like you just ran a marathon in it. I love the original scent but they have a variety for an preference. We pair it with Gain fabric softener.

Strong Scent

from IN

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent is an effective cleaning detergent with a strong, lasting scent. The strong, long lasting scent was the thing that stood out the most with Gain. If you are sensitive to smells, this is not the laundry detergent for you, as the florally-clean scent stays with your clothes for quite a while, and at first can seem overpowering. This is a scent you can notice all day long as you are wearing the item, or after hanging in your closet for a few weeks, the clean scent is still there. Gain is a Proctor and Gamble product, and being so offers that high quality clean we expect. Your clothes will come out clean, even my sons muddy kneed play jeans came clean with a little Gain rubbed on the knees. Gain laundry detergent is made for HE washers, so you can safely use Gain in any washing machine. This is a great all purpose, entire family liquid laundry detergent.

Can tend to be overpowering.

Love this stuff!

from TN

Good Quality Detergent with a Strong Scent

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

I'd never been a Gain girl until I tried their Apple Mango Tango scent and loved it. After my experience with that scent I decided to give their original scent a try. While I didn't love it as much as the fruitier scent is was still quite good.

I really like that this has a large number of loads in the bottle. I can go at least a week to ten days of multiple loads a day and not run out which is awesome!

This has quite good cleaning power but it's definitely not as powerful as my beloved Tide. It does a good job with dirt but I find that it doesn't remove odors as well. Socks and icky gym towels seem to retain a bit of odor which is covered up by the strong scent of the detergent.

I'm not a big fan of the strong scent. It's very strong and while not sneeze inducing definitely not for those with any type of sensitivity to scents.

Overall, this is a good quality detergent but not my favorite scent in their line of products.

Gain is a great laundry detergent!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

Gain works well on getting dirty clothes clean. It is tough on stains as well. I find that it is a really great laundry detergent for colored clothing and gets whites staying bright. I really like the scent of this laundry detergent. It smells good when you are putting it into the washing machine and even after your clothes are put away. The main reason that I don't buy this laundry detergent more is because of the price. It is more expensive than other laundry detergents I buy. I would buy more if it was on sale. I would recommend giving it a try.

This laundry detergent does a great job on my piles of laundry. It gets my colors and whites really clean. It also does a good job of getting out stains.

I really like the scent of this original Gain detergent. It has a fresh and crisp scent to it. It leaves your laundry smelling nice! Clothes smell great even after they have been put away and pulled back out again.

Gain is a staple in our household.

Comments about Gain Liquid Laundry Detergent, Original Scent:

We are rarely without "our" liquid Gain. I believe in this product that much. It isn't nearly as expensive as some of the other brands on the market, but it works just as well as far as I'm concerned. Good clothes stay looking good and dirty, stained clothes all come out looking clean. Can't ask for more than that!

I can honestly say that I don't have a single complaint about the performance of original Gain Detergent. It works well with our hard water and treats my good clothes quite well.
    Additionally, liquid Gain does its job on my boys' dirty clothes. Drizzle a little bit on grass stains and the stains come out. Do the same on greasy spots, and it works well, too. Pick the dirt my family gets into and it has worked wonderfully at keeping clothes look good longer.

The smell of original Gain Laundry Detergent is very fresh and nice. There are 6 people in my household and everybody really likes its scent. (Trust me: As the only girl in my house, this says a lot!)