Other Detergents:
Gain
Gain Liquid Fabric Softener, Original Scent

Gain Liquid Fabric Softener, Original Scent

Pros

• Easy to use (3)
  • Simple instructions (3)

Cons

• Keep in laundry room (4)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent (3)

Move Over Downy!

Move on over Downy, because now there's a new, fresh-smelling fabric softener that does everything it should, all in one small capful, plus with a better price. That's **Gain's Original Fresh **Ultra fabric softener for all you slow students, and when I say it does everything it should, I mean it. If you love scented, fresh smelling laundry that is soft to touch and doesn't rub you raw when you get ready to dress, you'll find a literal heaven in Gain's new fabric softener.

If you're not too confident, buy a small bottle to try out with your laundry, you might be surprised. It's not for everyone, certaintly, but as a whole it's a great little product. Gain has a unique (not bad) fragrance that really is refreshing no matter how many times you sniff it. I have gotten bored with other scents, but not this one. It's the perfect mixture of mellow greens coupled with a very delicate sweetness, so that when you take your clothes out of the wash and dry them in the dryer, they come out with this heavenly aroma of freshly-washed fabric, sunshine and summer-filled meadows. Or at least that's what I imagine whenever I get a whiff of this.

Now onto the actual performance. If you're looking for soft clothes, Gain will do the trick. It doesn't take much to get your clothes soft, and even the smallest amount will leave your clothes feeling lighter, fluffier, and less wrinkly. So, that really ugly gray sweater that itches like poison ivy could probably turn into your favorite little jacket once you wash it with some Gain. And your brick-hard towels? Just put some Gain on them, they'll be softer than a cloud. This doesn't leave behind any icky, nasty, goopy residue if you use the automatic dispenser on your washer, or even if you add it yourself to the final rinse.

This is also a complementary fabric softener - I haven't had any problems with my clothes smelling well, just weird, because of clashing fragrances. I just add it, relax, and let the washing machine do its job.

Love the Traditional Gain Fragrance if it Stayed in Clothes

When it comes to the Gain original scent I am always purchasing air freshner, candles, and even car air fresheners because the fragrance is perfect for any area. When I tried Gain fabric softener for the first time I just knew I would love it because of all the other products that use Gains Scent, initially the smell right of the bottle is bold and strong. I just knew my clothes would be left smelling great. When I poured the first capful I noticed the liquid was a little thin, thin compared to the past fabric softners I have used. I followed the simple directions listed on the bottle and waited to feel and smell my clothing once washed. Let me say I was a bit disappointed by the outcome. My clothing had a faint scent, and once they dried I barely noticed a scent and my clothing wasn't soft. This was a total disappointment since I love Gains smell. After experimenting with this softner I've determined that I have to double up what I add to my laundry, in the end I'm wasting money so I rarely use this softner, I really love Gains products but not a fan of this softener.

Love the Scent

from tx

About Me Parent

Pros

• Simple Instructions

Comments about Gain Liquid Fabric Softener, Original Scent:

I absolutely love the scent of All of Gain's products. I do buy Gain's fabric softener just for the scent. The scent will last for at least a week on your clothes after it's been washed. It preforms well as far as making your towels really soft. But the biggest plus for me about Gain's Fabric Softener Original Scent is the smell of it and the smell stays on the fabrics you use it on for a extended amount of time. I strongly recommend this fabric softener not only to my friends but also my family. It's also a great product for a good price. The only downfall is I cannot seem to find it in a bigger container. I do so much laundry that I buy in bulk for my family, it's cheaper that way. Because it doesn't come in my preferred size I buy it and use it for the fabrics in my bedroom like my curtains and my bedding.

Using right now as I write this

from Ohio

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy to Use
    • Powerful
    • Simple Instructions

• Cleaning
      • Dorm
      • Home

Comments about Gain Liquid Fabric Softener, Original Scent:

Okay I am using the Gain fabric softener right now in the washer as I write this review. This stuff smells so good, it is well worth the money. I decided to give this a try because I had a coupon for it and I was running low on money. I'm really glad I did because I think I found one of my new favorite fabric softeners. It is very affordable I paid less than $3 for the bottle that I have and it has a very strong clean smell to it. I noticed the scent also lingers on your clothes well after it has been washed, dried and put away. They have a couple different scents to choose from, which they all smell great. And I will say that my most favorite thing about this product is the fact that I can put it in on my clothes and they do not come out with blue spots on them like some of the fabric softeners I have tried in the past. This is more of a light green color and it does not stain my clothes. So I will definitely keep purchasing this product in the future. Two thumbs up from me!

Love the Traditional Gain Fragrance if it Stayed in Clothes

from Virginia

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy to Use
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Weak Function

• Home

Strange Smell but Effective

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Gain Liquid Fabric Softener, Original Scent:

I'm not normally a huge fan of Gain's line of products, but I had a coupon and this was on sale so I got an excellent deal and decided to give it a try. Sadly, I was a bit disappointed.

For someone who routinely uses Snuggle and Downy it was a bit of a surprise to smell this fake and really rather chemically smelling formula. It just doesn't smell as nice or as fresh as the other brands but it's not actually bad - it's just different.

As for the actual softening aspect it works just as well as the more expensive brands and softens my laundry wonderfully. A little goes a long way and a capful effective softens my entire load of towels and they come out perfectly soft and fluffy.

While this is not my favorite brand it certainly does its job and while I would not rush to purchase it if I did find a good deal on it I would not hesitate to purchase it again to use on my towels and other laundry since it does its job well.

Overall, this is a good value and I would recommend it.

Best Smelling Fabric Softener

from Campobello, SC

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy to Use
      • Smells Great
      • Softens clothes

Comments about Gain Liquid Fabric Softener, Original Scent:

I love this fabric softener. It has a wonderful smell and leaves our clothes soft and smelling great. It is very competitively priced. I choose this product over other name brand competitors.

Impressive

from Empire, AL

Comments about Gain Liquid Fabric Softener, Original Scent:

I usually use dryer sheets as fabric softener to eliminate static cling but I gave the Gain liquid a shot and I am hooked. We have an issue with the water in our area causing foul smells in the laundry. When I started using the Gain liquid fabric softener, it helped eliminate that foul odor. Our clothes come out soft and have a pleasant scent. There was no static in the clothes when they came out of the dryer. The Gain fabric softener was also one of the cheaper ones on the shelf. I actually purchased it for my husband to use to clean his paint brushes (it works great for that) and when he no longer needed it he gave it to me. I only used it to keep it from wasting. I was impressed when I noticed how lovely our clothes smelled when they came out of the dryer! Overall this is a great product for the price. I am actually going to go buy more today. You won’t be sorry for trying Gain!

Gain has always been a favorite of mine

Comments about Gain Liquid Fabric Softener, Original Scent:

I love the way Gain Liquid Fabric Softener smells. My husband and daughter cannot use it because of their sensitive skin.. Never the less, it allows me to have an exclusive fabric softener all to myself. I love the way this product leaves my clothes feeling soft and fresh. And the scent lasts for days as advertised. My husband loves the way it smells on me. Not only does it softens your fabrics, it leaves your clothes free of residue. There is absolutely nothing bad I have to say about this product. It does exactly what it says it will do and more. I am happy to be a frequent buyer of Gain Liquid Fabric Softener. This fabric softener comes highly recommended.

Gain never disappoints. The performance is great and keeps my clothes soft with a great scent every time.

The scent is wonderful. I don't have to add fragrance to my clothing because of the fresh scent of gain. I could just put them on and walk out the door. The scent lasts longer than other fabric softeners. I am very satisfied.

This product gets my clothes soft and leaves them smelling great

from West Virginia

Comments about Gain Liquid Fabric Softener, Original Scent:

I really enjoy the scent of this particular fabric softener. It has a good fragrance to it that absorbs into my fabrics and leaves them smelling great for days.

When I used this in the wash with my whites it left them slightly discolored. I made the mistake of adding fabric softener on top of the clothes instead of using a dispenser. I would advise to buy a dispenser or add this softener directly to your washing machines dispenser. Other than that experience, it hasn't harmed my clothes.

I can use this particular softener in any temperature water. It works best in cold water for me but I know it works equally well in warm and hot water and I still get a good amount of scent.

It leaves my clothes fresh and soft. Also, this softener left my clothes static free.

The smell is strong in this softener, but it's nice. I can use this on my clothes and on my pets items. It's gentle but powerful.

I feel safe using this on my animals bedding because it pulls out the odors and it leaves the items soft.

The pros of this softener are that it lasts a long time and works in any water temp.

The major con is the dyes. You have to be careful with whites or it will discolor slightly.

It leaves clothes soft and fresh and static free. I can't complain. It works great in the wash or rinse cycle.

I like the original scent. It's floral to me.

Great scent...fabulous softener!

from Commerce, GA

Comments about Gain Liquid Fabric Softener, Original Scent:

I LOVE Gain fabric softener! The smell is great and long lasting. It also leaves your clothes feeling softer than soft! This fabric softener is very concentrated, and I usually dilute it some because it works just as good diluted and still leaves my clothes smelling great. I used to buy cheaper fabric softeners, but I had a coupon for Gain so I bought it. After just one use I was stuck on Gain! I was using double the amount of knock off fabric softeners and was still not in love with the scent of my clothes. After using Gain, I was amazed at how soft my clothes were and how good they smelled. I have since tried several different scents of Gain fabric softeners and have been pleased with every single one. I'd recommend Gain fabric softener for anyone!

This product works great every time. It leaves clothes smelling great and feeling soft (even if I stuff the washer full!)

I love any scent of Gain fabric softener!

Great fabric softener!

from Cincinnati, OH

Comments about Gain Liquid Fabric Softener, Original Scent:

Gain is my number one go to when it comes to washing my clothes. I just recently bought and started using fabric softener. When It comes to washing my clothes I usually just use the detergent, but I decided to give fabric softener a try. The Gain fabric softner smells amazing. I got to admit I had my doubts when it came to the fabric softeners ability to leave my clothes feeling more softer. I tried my first time using fabric softener on a load of towels. By my surprise the Gain fabric softener actually left my towels feeling amazingly softer! Not only did the Fabric softener left my towels more softer, it also gave an extra boost of smell to my towels to make them smell even more amazing. The only problem I have come to known about using fabric softener is to remember to put it in. Your suppose to use the softener when your clothes are on the rinse cycle. I tend to forget to add it in the load of clothes because I usually get caught up in doing something else completely and forget I am even washing a load of clothes. I would suggest trying Gain fabric softener the next time you wash a load of clothes. If you love the smell of Gain detergent, you will love using the Gain fabric softener.