4.8
DS106884
Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent

Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent

4.8

Pros

• Great scent (27)
  • Easy to use (25)
  • Effective (25)
  • Safe for delicate clothes/skin (20)
  • Simple instructions (20)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (11)

• Laundry room (23)
  • Home (14)
  • Cleaning (13)
  • Travel (4)
  • Dorm (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent (13), Homeowner (6), Renter (5)
    • I received a sample (9), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (5)

I would buy it again and again and again!

When I was younger I used all sorts of laundry detergents. I had used Arm and Hammer, Sun, Tide, Purex, and so on. But shortly after I had gotten married I had to permanently switch to Gain for all of my washing necessities. My husband has really sensitive skin when it comes to laundry detergents. The only laundry detergent brand that my husband didn't have an allergic reaction to was Gain. I was a little disappointed at first because Gain was one of the higher cost name brand laundry detergents that was on the market. But after a few times washing my clothes with Gain, I fell in love with it. The scent is fantastic and the smell lasts for days, not like some of the past detergents I had used. I have been using Gain for over ten years now and I have never grown tired of using it. I love the way Gain leaves my clothes smelling fresh and clean for days and my husband loves the fact that he don't break out in hives by wearing something that has been washed in Gain. For years I had used non-High Efficiency laundry detergent, but a few months ago we switched to a High Efficiency washer and had to switch to laundry detergent that was made for high efficiency washers. I guess because HE washers use less water to wash clothing, that if you use regular detergent your clothing will not be able to thoroughly rinse out all the soap suds in your clothes or washer. High Efficiency detergents causes less soap suds than regular detergent, so that your clothes will get a thorough washing and rinsing. I highly recommend any Gain laundry detergent for your washing needs. If you have a sensitivity to all different kinds of laundry detergents give Gain a try, it worked for my husband and it could work for you as well.

Okay detergent

I used to use a generic store brand laundry detergent. However, after moving to California, this store brand detergent was not able to keep up with mud and grass stains that are natural fallouts of an active outdoors lifestyle. So, acting upon an advertisement in a grocery store, I purchased the Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent, for use with my front-loading clothes washer. This laundry detergent has a terrific smell, and my clothes smell good for a couple of days after washing them. However, the Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent produces way too much soap bubbles during the wash cycle. Also, since the detergent is so pricey, I had expected a better clean. Although the Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent washes out most of the mud, dirt, grass, ketchup, and mustard stains, the outlines of the stains, as well as faint traces of the stain still remain on the garments after washing them with this detergent. Also, unless I use a fabric softener during the wash, my clothes feel very coarse and rough after washing with the Gain High Efficiency Detergent. Overall, the Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent is good for darker clothes, but I would not recommend it for lighter colored garments, or for whites.

I love it

from Chicago

About Me Housekeeper

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

• Clothes

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Wonderful smell keep clothes smelling good after laundry and also leave them very clean

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

A Must for Clean Smelling Laundry

from Mount Sterling, KY

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

• Travel

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I use this every time I do laundry. I am a Gain user loyally. It makes my clothes smell incredible. Definitely recommend this to anyone wanting their clothes to smell better for longer.

Makes me love doing the laundry

from Orlando, FL

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

As a stay at home mom of a teen, preschooler and a toddler I see my fair share of dirty, stinky laundry. Add my husband's stinky work uniform, who is a server at a seafood restaurant, and you can imagine how amazing our laundry hampers smell. I love Gain because its pretty concentrated so a little goes a long way. Which helps if you are a family on a budget. It has a great long lasting scent, softens clothes and is excellent at getting stains out. I honestly can't think of a single bad thing about the product because I love it so much.

Oooh that smell

from Crawfordsville, IN

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

• Travel

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Gain is hands dow my favorite all-around laundry detergent. First, the smell of Gain is incredibly clean, long-lasting, and addictive. I love that there are numerous kinds of Gain, but the original is my personal favorite. The detergent removes stains from mine and my family's close, leaves my clothes soft and clean, and leaves a long-lasting clean scent so my clothes always smell nice, clean, and fresh. Gain is affordable and a little goes a long way. I have compared Gain to other laundry detergents both expensive and cheap, but Gain wins every single time. I would highly recommend.

Gain is the best!!

from Tracy M

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Gets Stains Out
        • Great Scent
        • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I love Gain. I must say it is a bit pricey but worth every penny. It helps your clothes smell too good and it takes out stains also. I love the smell of my clothes after and the smell isn't so strong. It works good and I am never disappointed when I use it for my clothes. It really simple to use and go perfect with any clothes.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Excellent product

from West Virginia

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Great Scent

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I love gain. It doesn't break anyone in the family out and it always cleans the way it should. The original scent is my favorite. I love the way it smells. It is an excellent product and I always use all gain product, drier sheets and all are gain original scent.

THE BEST

from Wilmington,nc

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Effective
          • Great Scent

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This is the best smell ever! Cleans great

I would buy it again and again and again!

from Ohio

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Effective
            • Great Scent
            • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
            • Simple Instructions

Favorite detergent!

from Saranac lake

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
              • Effective
              • Gets Stains Out
              • Great Scent
              • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive
              • Small Volume

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

After trying many detergents i finally stumbled upon gain and fell in love. I am a mother of 2 kids and all moms know how much laundry detergent matters when doing laundry. I do 2-3 loads of laundry a day to maintain my household and gain has never disappointed our family. I suffer from sensitive skin and have to be careful what detergent i use. I have been using gain for years and never had any problems . It leaves our clothes soft,good smelling and nice and clean. I will continually buy gain for my family and recommendit to my friends and family.

My favorite detergent

from Canton, OH

About Me Parent

Pros

• Effective
              • Gets Stains Out
              • Great Scent
              • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This is the laundry detegent i use for my everyday laundry needs. Its what my mother used and so its what im used to. I love the scent, it smells sooo good. It does what its supposed to do. Its great on my sone baby clothes and gets rid of his spit up stains. Gain is what i have always used and what i wil always useisI highly recommend it to everyone.