4.8
DS106884
Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent

Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent

4.8

Pros

• Great scent (17)
  • Easy to use (16)
  • Effective (15)
  • Safe for delicate clothes/skin (14)
  • Simple instructions (13)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (7)

• Laundry room (13)
  • Home (8)
  • Cleaning (7)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent (8), Homeowner (4), Renter (3)
    • I received a sample (6), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (3)

Excellent for stains

This is an absolutely fantastic laundry detergent. Gain HE has been able to do what many other detergents could not do which is actually get the stains out of everyone's clothes, keep a long lasting scent, and keeps fabrics soft without damaging it. This is one of a few detergents I use, but this is definitely one of the best. I am very skeptical when picking out detergent because I've spent a lot of money and have to rewash shirts and my kids and husbands clothes with no results except for ruining the clothes because of rewashing. Gain is a trusted brand especially when I was growing up and I figured if I could find their brand that works I'm sticking to it. With eight year old twins and a messy husband when it comes to eating, this really got out bad stains without having to re wash or using a harsh cleaner with a bad smell. This smells great and it actually lasts. If you don't like fabric softener then this is perfect because the scent lasts at least a couple of weeks. So far I've gotten out bad grass stains from my kids and ketchup and even oil. When you have children it helps to save time and money with something that actually works and if you don't it's nice to just save the money. Definitely try it if you're in the market and looking for a new favorite detergent. Mom approved twins tested!

Okay detergent

I used to use a generic store brand laundry detergent. However, after moving to California, this store brand detergent was not able to keep up with mud and grass stains that are natural fallouts of an active outdoors lifestyle. So, acting upon an advertisement in a grocery store, I purchased the Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent, for use with my front-loading clothes washer. This laundry detergent has a terrific smell, and my clothes smell good for a couple of days after washing them. However, the Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent produces way too much soap bubbles during the wash cycle. Also, since the detergent is so pricey, I had expected a better clean. Although the Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent washes out most of the mud, dirt, grass, ketchup, and mustard stains, the outlines of the stains, as well as faint traces of the stain still remain on the garments after washing them with this detergent. Also, unless I use a fabric softener during the wash, my clothes feel very coarse and rough after washing with the Gain High Efficiency Detergent. Overall, the Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent is good for darker clothes, but I would not recommend it for lighter colored garments, or for whites.

Excellent for stains

from Nesconset,ny

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

Okay detergent

from Merced, CA

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Great Scent

Cons

• Expensive
    • Weak Function

My favorite

from Clifton texas

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

We love the smell of Gain. We use everything Gain in our home. It was one of the few soaps I have found that doesn't bother my skin. It's easy to find and cleans very well.

The only detergent I will use!

from Rayne, LA

About Me Parent

Pros

• Great Scent

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Makes our clothes smell fresh!

Gain Is a Highly Efficient Detergent

from Vienna, Austria

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

My experience with this detergent was quite unusual. I traveled to North America a few years ago and found it there. I rented an apartment that had a laundry room as well. So I used several detergents but this one was the best. These days, it was very important to have totally clean clothing because I met some influential people. Leaving a positive impression on them was my first priority, and Gain helped me to achieve the goal. After washing, my clothing was completely clean and fresh with a very pleasant smell. It was a pleasure wearing such clothes, and I felt pretty confident all the time because of that. As an outcome, I had successful meetings there and was totally satisfied after that. Gain is a great detergent that will help your clothes stay in a good condition.

Best laundry detergent!

from Florida

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Ever since we moved and got a newer HE washer, we wanted to try a laundry detergent that would get the stains out of our clothes without costing too much or irritating our skin. When I tried Gain HE laundry detergent on a load of clothes after fidning it on sale, I fell in love.

The price is great, even when it's not on sale, I can get a bottle for under ten bucks that lasts us a few weeks. The smell is light, and not too strong, but sticks with the clothes even when they are in the dresser or hanging up. I have pretty sensitive skin, and have to be careful about what detergents I use, but I have had no isses with using this Gain detergent.

Like I mentioned the smell isn't too heavy. It's actually kind of a mixture of fruit and just a good fresh clean smell, which is great when it comes to clothes.

I do a lot of laundry, probably nine or ten loads a week, and I am always amazed with how much a bottle of Gain lasts us. It doesn't take as much of this liquid detergent to keep clothes looking great, and smelling even better.

I am so glad that I took a chance and tried Gain HE laundry detergent, it has been a life saver at our house and with our clothes.

great smell

from orlando

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Great Scent
        • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
        • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

by far my favorite adult detergent. has a long lasting smell. when though going to the gym for a run or lifting weights. its not heavy or leaves stains. i even use it to hand wash. its a little price but if you are a couponer then you wouldnt think so, this is perfect for you. i do think the bottles should come with coupons on it to.

My number 1 product I use for laundry

from LA

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
        • Effective
        • Gets Stains Out
        • Great Scent
        • Simple Instructions

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This is a great product that I have been using for years. It smells so wonderful and it last. I Use gain for multiple things

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great Detergent!

from Lubbock, TX

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Effective
          • Gets Stains Out
          • Great Scent
          • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This is one of my favorite laundry detergents! It works very well, and can be used on all types of clothing and fabrics. I have used it on delicates, stuffed animals, as well as everyday clothing items. I love that there are so many different scents to choose from. Many of the members of my family have allergies and asthma, but we have never had a problem with this laundry detergent affecting either. The high efficiency detergent means you do not have to use very much in each load. I can buy a big bottle and it will last me for months! This detergent rinses out very well. I've never had a problem with build up. It leaves my clothes smelling fresh and clean! I highly recommend this detergent for all of your laundering needs!

I love this laundry soap

from Gloversville, NY

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Effective
            • Gets Stains Out
            • Great Scent
            • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
            • Simple Instructions

• Travel

Comments about Gain High Efficiency Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I love this soap. Gets all the stains out and never leaves an odor.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand