Other Detergents:
Fabric Refresher, Laundry Detergent
Gain

Gain Flings

Pros

• Easy to use (13)
  • Simple instructions (12)
  • Great scent (11)
  • Effective (10)
  • Safe for delicate clothes/skin (9)

Cons

• Pricey / poor value (6)

• Laundry room (10)
  • Cleaning (5)
  • Home (5)
  • Travel (4)
    • No (6)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Parent (7), Homeowner (4)

Another Great Product From Gain

I had been anxiously awaiting the day I would find a detergent pod made by Gain ever since the whole pod craze began. So I was more than overjoyed when I finally saw these coming out and rushed to buy them. The Gain Flings are packed with not only detergent but also febreze and oxi boost. Compared to the other detergent pods I had been using, these definitely pack quite a punch. My whites come out of the wash without looking dingy and my colors are vibrant. The scent of the pods stays in my clothing for a while after I have put them away. I use these pods to wash the entire families clothing, including the baby, without any irritation to anyone's skin. Overall, Gain Flings are the best detergent pods I have come across to date and I have never been happier.

Gain Flings work excellent whether they are used in cold, warm, or hot water. I have used them on both my white and dark clothes. Every time my clothing comes out not only looking great and clean but also nice and soft.

The scent of Gain Flings is just as great if not better than their liquid version of laundry detergent. I am one who loves and needs to be able to actually smell the freshness in my laundry after they are done and Gain Flings does just the trick.

Gain flings

Plastic melted into fabric of 2 pairs of pants & won't come out.
Called P& Gamble but they don't answer.

Plastic melted into fabric of 2 pairs of pants & won't come out.
Called P& Gamble but they don't answer.

I buy this often

from Lancaster pa

About Me Housekeeper

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Gain Flings:

I break out from almost all laundry soaps, this one has never broke me out. It's easy to use as well

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I love the smell and the way it washes my clothes

from Waynesville Missouri

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

Comments about Gain Flings:

Me and my family love Gain and always have , it smells great and it leaves my clothes smelling and looking great, I will never switch to another brand

I love Gain!

from Bushnell, Il

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

Comments about Gain Flings:

I love Gain! The smell is wonderful and it's so easy to just toss one in. No muss no fuss and gets my laundry clean and fresh smelling! I will purchase it again and again and have told everyone I know about it.

I love my pods

from Dallas tx

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Gain Flings:

These pods are easy to use easy to throw in and leavey clothes smelling good and clean

Absolutely love this product!

from Bloomsburg, PA

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

• Dorm

Comments about Gain Flings:

I absolutely love these flings! I've tried other brands and ran into issues with pods not melting properly and clothes not getting clean. I have had no similar issues with this brand. And the scents are amazing. I've tried several scents, but the Moonlight Breeze is definitely my favorite. The scent holds for weeks. I've pulled several linens out weeks after washing them and they still smell like they're fresh out of the laundry. With three children in the house, it's highly effective in removing odors as well - especially that of teenagers and body odor. My only complaint is that they're not perfect at stain removal, though they are effective for lighter and medium stains. Highly recommended!

Smells fantastic, buy more on the expensive side.

from Ohio

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Expensive

Comments about Gain Flings:

Gain is my go to detergent when I need anything washed. It leaves my clothes smelling and feeling great. To be honest I only started to use Gain detergent only because my husband was allergic to all other kinds of detergents and Gain was the only detergent brand that my husband didn't have an allergic reaction to. Even though I started using Gain by default, I am glad I did. The first time I used Gain Flings was a month ago. My husband had to travel out of town for work and he had to do a couple loads of laundry while he was gone. He decided to buy Gain Flings. After he came home I decided to give Gain flings a try, instead of the powdered detergent I usually buy and use. The directions were very simple to follow. You put a Gain pac at the bottom of the washer, then load and start the washer. After washing a load of clothes with the Gain fling I noticed that the already amazingly smell of Gain was stronger from using Gain Flings than it was if I had washed them in the powdered or liquid detergents. The only downside I see by buying Gain Flings over the powered Gain detergent was the price. For the price my husband paid for a bag of Gain Flings, I could have bought a box of powdered Gain and washed 3 times as more loads of laundry than he could have with the bag of Gain flings. Even though I really enjoyed using Gain flings, I think I would just stick to buying the powdered Gain detergent. You can get more for your buck by using the powdered detergent, than you would if you kept buying and using Gain Flings.

Convenient

from tx

Pros

• convenient
      • Mess Free

Cons

• Funny Smell

• Laundry at home

Comments about Gain Flings:

Gain Flings are a new way for your laundry. They're convenient if you're on the go and you hate measuring out liquid detergent. They come in a variety of sizes and scents. The downfall about this product is if you smell just the pod it smells funny. It doesn't leave your clothes smelling like that though. Your clothes will smell like Gain. Another thing is these have never removed stains from my clothes. But I also do laundry for three messy little boys, they require a lot of stain removers. They work great for my mom though, she uses them frequently. They aren't expensive at all, so unlike many other products you're not paying for convenience. The detergent and fabric softener are all in one pod, no buying several products it's all in one little pod.

from Waldport, OR

Comments about Gain Flings:

Not only are the ziplock packaging childproof, but they are also 56 y/o arthritic woman proof! I use the bags in hopes that I am cutting my carbon footprint by not using the plastic jugs of detergent. I have to cut off the ziplock portion of the bags b/c I can't open them. Hate it!!! I also don't like the question of whether I am an employee or received a sample. Neither are applicable...

• Was this a gift?:

Excellent easy and great smelling

from Nesconset,ny

Pros

• Excellent clean
      • Long lasting

• On all clothes

Comments about Gain Flings:

If you haven't tried gain flings and their amazing scents, try them! I used to go back and forth with detergents for stains, some with a fresh scent, some that were better than the other with treating stains, but not a fresh scent. I got sick of spending more and using two different products one being for the stains and then buying something else like fabric softener that would hardly last a few days. Then I started trying different laundry detergent pods that were better than the detergents, but still haven't had the success I wanted using those and they were a little pricey. I seen a family member using gain flings and they told me about how the scent is beautiful, long lasting, and leaves your clothes clean, soft, and not putting a hole in your pocket. I figured there was no harm in trying them. I bought a bucket of the gain flings scented with febreze and with the cleaning boost of oxi clean and I am so glad I did. The scent after washing was noticed immediately, but was not overpowering and to my amazement the stains I used to have to try to wash with regular detergent twice were gone with one wash. Even better a week after that load of laundry was done, I took a shirt out of my daughters room and it smelt as if I just washed it. The clothes were soft and honestly I think this is the best pod detergent I've used to date. I am very satisfied and very glad I decided to give it a try instead of having to do extra work and spend more money, especially having twins and laundry is always going. They have a new scent out that I am very excited to try soon. Great product.

Love it

from Ellerslie GA

Pros

• Quick and Easy

• Laundry

Comments about Gain Flings:

I have been using Gain Flings for a while now. I have to say out of all the similar products to the Gain Flings that the Gain Flings original scent is my absolute favorite. First of all one of the best things about it is the price. It is definitely cheaper to buy the flings that the powder or liquid Gain. It is definitely good on the pocket book. One of my favorite things is that it is pre measured so actually get as many loads of laundry done that is listed on the package. Another thing I love about this product is the scent. It is not too strong or to light and it definitely makes you feel good when you smell it. This product gets your laundry very clean and you can use it in any washer including the HD washers. I would definitely recommend this product to all my friends and family. It is so worth the money that I have paid for it. It comes in a lot of different scents but I have always preferred the original gain scent.