3.6

3.6

Pros

Cons

Almost as Good as Dawn

I had a really good coupon for Gain Liquid Dish Soap when it first came out which made the product free, so I figured, why not? Being a long-time user of Dawn and being really pleased and happy with the product, I was not expecting much from Gain. After all, the laundry soap is just average, in my opinion. Boy, was I in for a surprise! First of all, the scent is wonderful. It might be a bit potent for some, but for me it was just nice. The effectiveness of the cleaning was what really surprised me. I was thinking more like Ajax, where you would need alot to do the job. Not so. I used maybe just a little bit more that a Dawn helping and it did the job wonderfully. I was really surprised. I have a stash of Dawn to work through, but as soon as I am done with that, I am going to get myself some Gain. It works as good as Dawn with only a bit more detergent and costs less, so it sounds like a winner to me. Don't waste your money on a better-known name. Sometimes the newcomers can be just as good if not better and you don't have to pay extra for the name.
Check the ingredients. They are almost identical and made by the same company as Dawn. Maybe they wanted a lower-priced alternative?

I am sorry that this is rambling, but Viewpoints' form won't aknowledge that I have written a review with 200 characters.

Gain Dishwashing Liquid- Not impressed!

When I saw that Gain made new dishwashing liquid I was excited to try it out. The price was so low and it came in small and larger sizes or should I say bottles. And the store where I was shopping had made a eleborate display to advertise it. There were three fragrances to choose from and I chose the green. I love the way Gain laundry soap smells so I was excited to see how this smelled and how well it worked while washing the dishes. Too my surprise and sadness, it was a bummer. A big bummer. I had to pour alot of the soap into the water. It just did not make many suds at all, I used a quarter of the bottle on one sink full of dishes and my dishes did not feel soapy or come very clean. Also the smell was very light and not strong and fresh like I was hoping it to be. I had to add some of my "other" kind of dish soap to finish washing the dishes and I will add this, I did not have greasy dishes, just regular dishes from dinner. I am not happy. Even though the price was very inexpensive which would have made it a great deal and bargain- to me is a waste. I will have to add another kind to this to finish it out and I will not be buying it again. I will not recommend this product to others, no not at all! Gain needs to stick to laundry soap and fabric softners!

Surprised

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid:

I did not like Gain at all. I couldn't get it to cut grease or even clean a plastic bowl after the children ate cereal. I couldn't wait for the large bottle to be depleted so that I could go back to the brand that I usually buy. I bought it by accident however I never thought that it would be so aweful being that I love the laundry detergent and fabric softener. I will never purchase it again.

Gain Diswashing Liquid - Great Value!

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid:

Before I tried Gain Dishwashing Liquid, I used to think of it as one of the cheaper brands which probably doesn't do a great job. In short, a quantity rather than quality brand. However now that I've tried it, I have to be honest and say that I totally underestimated the quality of the product and was completely blind as to what great value it is. Firstly, it has the most refreshing apple scent which freshens my kitchen as if I've just purchased a basket of fruit. Second, you don't have to use a huge amount to get a sink full of bubbles going. Admittedly it is not as concentrated as others, but then some of the other detergents are so concentrated that more than half of my sink is bubbles, and I don't want that either. The bubbles will stay until the water is too dirty to carry on washing up anyway, and then I just empty, and start again. I can afford to do a few rounds of washing up in one day because it's not expensive. In fact, it's one of the least expensive brands available. But the quality is superior to the price you pay for a bottle and indeed, I would pay more.

Works Great!!

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid:

I have used Gain for all of my laundry so I was familiar with the brand. When I saw the Gain Dishwashing liquid I had to give it a try. This liquid is priced reasonably and smells great. It did not leave my dishes dingy either and it seemed to clean them very good.

I love Gain so much!

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid:

I don't always rinse my dishes, and I usually don't wash them right away either and I'm not the best cook, I tend to burn things. So grease and stuck on goock is an issue. Gain costs a little more but you need so much less! If I have something really bad I don't have to soak over night, just an hour or so while I do other dishes or whatever. Plus, it makes my kitchen smell so nice and clean! The little bottle usually goes much further than the big bottles of the cheaper soaps. I have bought Palmolive only once because it was a bottle twice the size and lasted only maybe 50 washes, the small bottle of gain lasts me longer than that! It is great for getting rid of grease, great for soaking pots, pans and crock pots! I also use it to wash the stove. The burners and drip pans get really gross and cheap dish soap just is not going to cut it. Same with the inside of the oven, oven cleaner is expensive and smelly, Gain is neither.

Very nice clean scented product

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid:

I do not normally purchase this brand but there was a coupon and it was on sale. The scent was super nice and added a nice element to my least favorite chore in the kitchen. The scent was fun but not too heavy or pungent. Some scents smell overly processed but this one was light and fresh. I think that the scent was my favorite thing about this product.

The soap seemed to clean nicely and I did not notice that it made cleaning grease any more difficult. It seemed to cut the grease nicely.

The cost was affordable and the coupon I found sweetened the deal. The dish soap was easy to find at my normal grocery store, one of the big chain stores in my area. An ibotta deal would have made this deal even better!

The bottle seemed easy to grip while my hands were soapy and the edges had nice ridges to help grip it.

I loved the product so much that I gave an extra bottle to my grandmother to try.

Gain is very effective in so many ways!

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid:

I loved the smell as well as how well it got my dishes clean. As a mother of two and a full time stay at home mom, we go thru a lot of dishes. It is very helpful to be able to get the job done, and not have the hassle of rewashing dishes or spending a lot of time washing dishes! The price is affordable, and worth getting. By the time you spend money and time on cheaper products you are better off getting this!

Now the smell of Gain is in the kitchen.

from Evensville, TN

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid:

Now you can have Gain in the kitchen. Why limit the smell of Gain to the laundry, when you can use this to wash your dishes and have the scent in the kitchen. It cleans great and the smell of Gain is great. This is a wonderful product. And if you are a Gain lover then you will love this.

smells great!

from Athens, TN

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid:

I love this new product made by the people that made gain, it smells really hgood and cleans very good also..I give it 4 stars because it does NOT break my hands out or make them dry like most othjers do to my hands, It does clean grease very well though, My boyfriend is a machanic and he uses it to get the grease off his hands, and it does remove grease from dishes very well too, so i would recomend it to anyone. it also costs the same as the other dish detergents but comes in many wonderfull smells and actually smells about the same as the washing detergent made by gain. it is thick texture and it is not watered down like some are and it sudses up really well so you dont use as much, it cleans very well and does not leave any grease on the dishes which is a big help because i do not have a dishwasher where i live so i have to wash dishes by hand. I buy the big bottle and it actually lasts me a week, so I would recomend to anyone..A++

Gain Dishwashing Liquid, didn't get my gain!

from Hewitt, TX

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid:

I have experimented with different brands of dish washing liquid and Gain Dish washing liquid is one of them. I have bought other brand dish washing liquid in green apple scent and it had been okay, so decide to try Gain Dish Washing liquid when I found on sale! I should say that I was totally disappointed with the strong smell. I do like things smell and leaves scent to feel the freshness. But I think it is overpowering when it comes to dish washing liquid.

I prefer a subtle smell and I want my dishes to be clean and when I use the dishes to server dinner/lunch/Break fast, I want the food to take the charge and not the smell from the dishes. Even after I have rinsed many times using a very little amount to clean the dishes, the scent was very much left in the dishes and I could feel it when drinking my coffee or drinking water. This takes away the experiencing of enjoying the food.

In regards with the cleaning, I didn't feel that it did a great of a job, my drinking glasses wasn't as shiny and clean as it needs to be. and Liquid is sticky and too much concentrated. My sponges were becoming very oddly smelly when I used this Gain dish washing liquid. So my overall experience is not good, so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

Gain dishwashing liquid gets the job done.

from West Point, NE

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid:

I have tried alot of dish washing detergents in my time on this planet, and I thought I would give Gain a try. Right out of the gate, opening the liquid, the smell gets my attention. It smells very much like the laundry detergent and whether you like that or not. I really do like that smell. As for consistancy, it is a bit thin, meaning I will probably have to use more, but even if I had to use a little more, it still worked really well for the money spent. I would recommend it especially to people who love the laundry soap.