3.7

Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent

3.7

Pros

Cons

Gain Ultra Gain Dish Soap is simply genius.

I am giddy when it comes to shopping for scented products. Laundry soap, candles, counter cleaners, air freshener and mopping liquid is a treat to shop for because I am addicted to scents. When my home is clean and smelling fresh, I feel confident, accomplished, respected and at peace. I absolutely love trying out new products to get my scent fix on, but there are scents that I absolutely adore and come back to regularly. One of those scents are that of the Gain laundry soap. I LOVE IT. So you can imagine how excited I was when I saw that it was now a liquid dish soap. I snatched it up and took a deep wiff. Ahhhh, yes, that same comforting smell, so I had to bring it home. Not really expecting the soap to work any different than any other soap, but that is okay cause I bought it for the scent anyway. Boy was I surprized when I used it for the first time. Not only was the scent fantastic and very present, but it was an awesome soap. Not overly soapy and cut grease like nobody's business. It was just as good, if not better that the high quality/high price brands. I have tried both scents, the original and the Apple Mango Tango. I have to say that I like both, but the original has stole my heart and It will be my dish soap for life!

Gain Apple Mango Tango: Nice Smell, but Only Average Abilities

Gain is a brand name known for its scent. It has expanded beyond the basic scent and now offers a few different options. It has also expanded beyond laundry detergent into a few new areas and one of them is dishwashing liquid. A few scents are offered and one of them is **Gain Dishwashing Liquid Apple Mango Tango.**

**Dishwashing Liquid Facts and Commentary:**

Gain Dishwashing Liquid Apple Mango Tango has a very nice, fresh scent- the same scent offered by Gain’s laundry detergent of the same name, which is one of my favorite’s in terms of smell. The sudsing action of this dishwashing liquid is average and it doesn’t take much to produce the suds necessary to get dishes clean.

Gain Dishwashing Liquid Apple Mango Tango performs decently with dish cleaning, but it doesn’t rank among the very best I have used. One issue I have with this product is its grease- cutting ability. I find it acceptable, but it doesn’t come even close to the grease fighting abilities of some of the better dishwashing liquids. It isn’t the greatest for scrubbing and cleaning stubborn stains either, but I find it more than sufficient for daily cleaning of low- soiled items like glassware and flatware.

Gain Dishwashing Liquid Apple Mango Tango does smell very nice, but I have to agree with the criticisms by others who have stated that the smell of this product is a little much. The good news is that the fruity scent doesn’t transfer to your dishes for long and doesn’t affect the taste of foods, but I can understand why some people think the smell is too intense for a dishwashing liquid.

**My Bottom Line:**

Gain Dishwashing Liquid Apple Mango Tango is a god product but not a great product. It is fine for day to day cleaning of dishes but it isn’t all that great for the really tough cleaning jobs and its grease- cutting abilities are only average. It adds up to a very middle of the road product overall.

A Sinks Best Friend

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

I already love Gain as a laundry detergent, so I decided to give its dish detergent a try, and I'm glad I did. Lets start with the obvious, the scent! If you have never tried Gain products you don't know what you are missing! Their laundry detergents smell incredible, so imagine this scent all over your hands while washing dishes? First off, the detergent is nice and thick and squirts onto the sponge nicely. I find a dime sized amount on a sponge is all you really need. Mix it with hot water and it lathers up nicely. I can usually clean a whole sinkful with this amount, however, if you have lots of large items, like pots or baking sheets, you will need additional squirts. Once the liquid has mixed with the water you will notice the amazing smell of apples and mangoes. There is no other smell like this, and after your dishes are done the sink smells great and the sponge does too. I will continue to use this detergent and highly recommend this to others.

I love this scent!

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

I first found this scent from Gain in the laundry detergent. It was so awesome that I bought it in the dish washing liquid as well! The smell is great and leaves your dishes smelling great as well. It also works really well to get them clean. It is super effective. We use it to hand wash all of our dishes that cannot be put in the dishwasher. It is really effective at getting the dishes spotless. It also works well to soak out tough messes on dishes. We also use this as a hand washing soap in our bathrooms. We constantly get compliments on the scent. This has multiple purposes it can serve and it does an excellent job at all of them. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a great scent and powerful cleaner. It does the job well. It is also not incredibly expensive. You pay for the quality you get. It also lasts a while so you only have to buy it every few months. It is definitely worth purchasing!

I Love Doing Dishes!

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

Since I am a Tide girl, I would never think to buy Gain. Ever. Not the laundry detergent. Not the dishwashing liquid. As a matter of fact, until this past weekend, I never knew Gain made dishwashing liquid. I bought this product because it was on sale and I got more dishwashing liquid than I did in others.
There were three different Gain dishwashing liquids on the shelf. Naturally, I smelled them all. If I'm going to be doing dishes and sitting there with my hands in soapy, dirty water, I at least want to smell something pleasant. This dishwashing liquid is just that. I chose the Apple Mango Tango, because it was the most appealing to me. The green and blue ones also smelled nice, but this one was the winner.
I am so happy I bought this. I legitimately do not want to stop doing dishes. It works the same as other dishwashing liquids, cuts the grease and it helps if you let it soak for a few hours before trying to scrub. But this, smells amazing. It like wakes you up. No smelly dirty dishes. Lovely smelling dirty dishes!

Great For Everyday Dishes

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

I don't normally buy the Gain brand dish liquid but when I saw a bottle of their Apple Mango Tango I had to buy it just because of the fun name.

I put my dish soap in an automatic soap dispenser to make getting it onto my sponge ultra easy while doing dishes. Some soaps are too thick and clog the dispenser but this ran through beautifully.

This was also super inexpensive. I was actually a little concerned as to how effective it would be since it was just so darn inexpensive, but it ended up doing quite a good job.

This bottle lasted me through doing dishes galore from baking pans to brownie batter covered bowls to cooking pots. I never experienced any problems. I did notice that it doesn't have quite the grease cutting ability of another dish soap brand but that was easily remedied by a few more swipes with a freshly soaped sponge.

If you've never tried this brand before this is a great scent to start with. It smells just like apples and makes you smile as you wash dish after dish.

I definitely recommend this for everyday, standard dish washing.

Does not clean the dishes well.

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

I used Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent only once and decided to never use it again. I purchased only one bottle when I was shopping. I wanted to try it out first before purchasing more.
I will start by saying that Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent smells absolutely wonderful. I love the smell of it and when using it to wash the dishes, the smells practically fills the kitchen. It would also leave the dishes smelling great even after they are dry and put away in the closet.
I love the fact that it smells great, but i truly did not like it for the fact that it doesn't clean very well. The soap is so thin that it feels like it is mixed with water. I would literally have to fill the sponge with it so I can get a good foam on it. I would have to fill up the sponge with Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent to be able to wash only a few plates, or a few cups, and it wouldn't even give it a spotless shine. It wouldn't even clean the dishes very well. A bottle of it would only last 3 days in my kitchen. I would not be using this to do any of my dishes again.

I think Gain Dishwashing Liquid works well and smells great!

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

I really love trying new cleaning and beauty products. I have always liked and used some of the Gain laundry products. So when Gain came out with dish soap I couldn't wait to try it. I love the smell of Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent. I think the scent sticks around longer than most dishwashing liquids. It has a strong scent but in a good way. I think it does a great job at cleaning my dishes also. You may have to use a tad more than some other brands but it sells at such a great price it doesn't really cost more. You can usually find coupons for Gain in Sunday papers or online to make it an even better deal. Gain also makes a few other scents in dishwashing liquid. I think they all smell good but the Apple Mango Tango scent is my favorite. I always have Gain dishwashing liquid as one of my choices at home. I like to change scents up according to my mood. Gain helps me have more scents to choose from.

Smells great but not that efficient at cleaning.

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

If you were judging this product on scent it would hands down be the winner! It has the best scent and is not tough on your hands. However if you are trying to get a dirty casserole dish clean or a greasy pan clean this might not be the product for you. It doesn't even get the greasiness off of your hands.

Good smell and quality cleaning product!

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

I started purchasing this product after I tried the Mango Tango scent laundry detergent. I liked the scent in the laundry, so I figured it would be good to purchase it for my washing dishes needs as well. Now, I consistently purchase the Gain products because I like the scent for my cleaning needs. When washing regular meal dishes, I don't need to add more detergent to the water to finish the dishes. The only setback to the product would be that when I soak really grimy, food-stuck-on dishes, I do sometimes have to add more cleaning product to the water. It also helps that the water is let out and hot water is put back into the sink to get off the stuck on food.

Another bonus of Gain dishwashing soap is that you can always find coupons for the product. This is extremely helpful when shopping on a budget and is a big factor in my selection of products that I use in my home on a regular basis.

Awesome!!

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

I received a sample bottle of Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent in the mail so decided to use it up. I have used Gain for laundry and the original scent gain dishwashing liquid which worked very well. This product cleans dishes and leaves them smelling like mango's.

best dish soap ever!

Comments about Gain Dishwashing Liquid, Apple Mango Tango Scent:

I love all the Gain products, so it wasn't hard for me to pick this up when I first saw it on the shelf at walmart. I use apple mango tango laundry soap, so this scent was obviously my first choice when getting a dish soap. Gain cleans wonderfully, all my glasses sparkle and my cookie sheets (the hardest thing for me to get clean) don't have anything on them anymore, even stuff that I thought was permanent came off with this! It isn't hard on my sensitive skin; it actually makes my hands feel smoother. Its also a hard working soap, so I don't have to do a lot of scrubbing. My overnight soaking time has been cut to five minute soaking time, which I LOVE! Its the best scent on the market, it making my whole house smell great everytime I start to do the dishes. I now love doing the dishes, since they're not such a hassle anymore. It even cleans my sink great when the dishes are all done!