2.6

2.6

Pros

Cons

GE washer model #GTWN4950LWS

This is a wonderful washer. I replaced my 9 year old Kenmore (agitator style) with this GE model and have been completely satisfied. I read several reviews on people not liking them due to poor washing, not rinsing clothes well, etc. but I have not found that at all. My husband is in construction and brings me home some really nasty clothes to wash that come complete with dirt, mud, grease and oil stains. I also have a two year old that keeps me busy with laundry too. I pretreat stains, add HE soap, throw in an Oxi Max ball for my husbands clothes and they come out CLEAN! For the really nasty loads (like my husbands work clothes) I love the 2nd rinse option. It's also great for the bleach loads so your clothes don't come out smelling like bleach. Most important, when putting your clothes in the washer you have to "place" them around the infuser, and make sure not to cover the infuser, and don't fill it past the second to top holes in the washer. You can't load it like an agitator style washer. I think improper loading has alot to do with some of the bad reviews. This washer does fit alot more clothes than my old washer did. I would highly recommend this washer to anyone.

Super easy to use. Just select your water temp. and what kind of load you have (heavy, medium, light, etc.) and it automatically determines how much water will need to be used.

I have only owned this for one month so I cannot fully say how great the long term durability is.

Keep your dirty clothes avoid GE

Purchased a GE profile washer (model #  WPRE6150K2WT) 6 months ago.  With light use the motor needs to be replaced.  It's on back order with no known delivery date.  The best will be the machine will not be usable for five weeks. (By GE's estimated earliest date for the part)

Originally called GE for help and was told by a very unhelpful person that I would have to wait 3 weeks before anyone could come out and determine the problem.  Call the business that sold be this product and they got someone out within four days to determine the problem.

Okay, maybe a defective part was a fluke.  But:

1.  Bad customer service

2.  Lack of "customer service" getting the problem identified in a timely manor

3.  Lack of an available part

4.  And unknown as to how long it will take for the part to become available  (are all their washers breaking down and that's why no parts are available)

Are all reasons to consider before buying GE.

Broke after 7 years

Comments about GE Washers:

The washer was purchased in 2007. It never had a problem until two weeks ago(Nov. 2014) it started making a banging noise in time with the agitator cycle. The bang has gotten louder with time and I will have to have it repaired soon. Even if it keeps working it drives me crazy hearing it. It should last longer before it breaks. Hopefully it's not expensive to fix.

Disposable Washer

Comments about GE Washers:

We bought our washer model #GTWN4950L0WS as a set with the matching dryer. I was never able to wash a large load as the clothes always seemed to come out with dirt streaks on them. I don't see how rewashing everything 2 or 3 times is energy efficient. Within 2 months the transmission had to be replaced. Last month the washer was slow on spinning the clothes out. I could also detected a hot electrical smell when it was trying to spin. The repairman came out and said that the motor may be getting weak so he replaced it. Two days later I had the same issue, it would go through the wash cycle but when it was time to spin and rinse, the washer would just make a humming noise and again the strange smell. I had to wring my clothes out by hand because it wouldn't spin the water out. I unplugged it because I don't know if it could be a fire hazard or not. When we spoke with GE concerning the motor replacement they stated it was still under warranty and they are sending out another repairman, but if it can't be fixed they will offer us a percentage off a new upgraded model. I am certain that I would not be interested in buying another GE product! My experience is that GE appliances are like razors, DISPOSABLE!

Energy Efficiency
Doesn't save water when you have to rewash clothes twice to get them clean.

It is easy to use if it is working.

GE washer model #GTWN4950LWS

from Saginaw, MI

Don't buy!!!!!

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about GE Washers:

Bought a new GE top loader High Efficiency. Doesn't clean clothes. Have to wash some two times. Clothes come out badly wrinkled. Have to use small loads or clothes will have detergent and softner stuck to them. Have to pretreat **all** spots, even minor barely noticeable dirt. Have to take bed sheets to laundromat now. What a waste of money. No wonder other countries are surpassing us. No one cares about product, only profit.

GE Washing Machine - Weak motor, had to be replaced!

from North Highlands, CA

Comments about GE Washers:

I bought a GE washing machine bundled with same-brand dryer about 2 years ago. The dryer exceeded expectation, but its cousin did not. On couple first uses we noticed that the rotation wasn't fast and powerful enough to beat the stains. We thought to give it some time to adjust but that never happened. After one year the washer went broke, the motor just stopped working. We called for the warranty, the guy came and replaced free of charge. It got up and worked again but the previous problem persisted, circulation was still weak up until now. The compartment is large and settings are plenty alright, but that doesn't make our clothes any cleaner if the motor is not up to par. With this kind of hassel, I'll never buy another GE washer again no matter how cheap it is.

GE Washers are much better than Whirpool

from Gastonia, NC

Comments about GE Washers:

We made the worst purchase ever when we bought a Whirlpool washer. The motor burned out 4 times in 2 years. When shopping for a new washer we avoided Whirlpool products like the plague and ended up buying a GE washer (do not have the exact model number). I am very glad we got the GE washer. We have had it for three years and still works great. The price we paid was equal to other brands for the same item. We have a king size bed and it can handle the bedding very well. I like all the different settings for small to extra large loads. It is very easy to use and reliable. I find it to run very quietly. Our laundry comes out just as clean as using other washers. Overall I love the washer and we are very glad we bought it.

spin cycle awful on front end loader -- toast after three years

from Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Comments about GE Washers:

I do not recommend GE's front-end loaded washers.  The dryer works, but the washer is very loud and eventually was so unstable and noisy that we just bought a new washer...and not a GE!  What happened to U.S. manufacturing?  Are we not only losing U.S. jobs but U.S. quality?

GE WSSH300G CAN BE EXSPENSIVE TO REPAIR

from North Berwick, ME

Comments about GE Washers:

My ge washer WSSH300G failed after 3 years, it wouldn't do a final spin. After looking at the troubleshooting guide that came with the washer, taped in the bottom of washer, a fault of E42 kept coming up saying door will not unlock. Which made no sense to me. I checked the motor and tach resistances and anything else i could think of. I ordered a new board and the washer worked for a little bit longer, for unknown reason. it worked until I got my new control Board and installed. but it didn't fix anything. still the same problem, no final spin. Bought a manual from a web site. and there is no troubleshooting steps that mentioned final step problem. There was a paragraph that mentioned the wax motor needs to lock the door and an aux contact needs to close to tell the controller that the door is locked so it can do a final spin. I took the door switch off and took it apart and found that aux contact was dirty and making a poor contact. I cleaned the contact and bend it a little toward the other contact, so that the aux contact made better contact. i reassembled door switch and tested on on final spin. Worked without problem. No final spin but every thing else works look at the door switch this could save you some money.

Keep your dirty clothes avoid GE

from San Bernardino, CA

Okay, maybe a defective part was a fluke.  But:

1.  Bad customer service

2.  Lack of "customer service" getting the problem identified in a timely manor

3.  Lack of an available part

Are all reasons to consider before buying GE.

It does a fairly good job

from Wickliffe, OH

Comments about GE Washers:

My washer gets used about every other day.  Have had it a couple of years.  I like it real well except I have to take large quilts to laundry mat where they have big washer.  This washer is great for a single person.  General electric has always stood behind their products. I choose this one for the price and size to fit my needs.  Have used GE washers before and end up going back to them. I like their products.