Other Washing Machines:
GE WHDSR209DWW Top Load Washer

GE WHDSR209DWW Top Load Washer

Doesn't properly rinse after use of the bleach dispenser.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about GE WHDSR209DWW Top Load Washer:

I would like to give this washer a higher rating because it seemed to work sufficiently in enough situations until I one day decided to use the bleach dispenser on the side. I knew I should have never used bleach in the first place, but I was cleaning some white towels that I desperately wanted to get bright and decided to chance it (I now only use cleaning products that are non-toxic or at least as non-toxic as I can find). So I followed the instructions on the machine and filled the rest of the Bleach reservoir with water and set the washer to do a 2nd rinse, and realizing the potential for trouble I even followed that load with some grimy rags I didn't mind to get bleached and then another load with an empty washer to help rinse and clean it. But in spite of these prudent measures, I still found some lightly bleached spots on some of my colored clothes after washing them several days later. Obviously, don't use bleach but if you do, don't trust the bleach dispenser on this washer to be done with it after one wash.

Energy Efficiency
Fine, I suppose. I can't really say good or bad.

Cleaning Time

Sometimes even when I select "Large" or "Super" I still get some items that come out with dry patches. How is this possible?

Easy as any other. I've used the Delicate Cycle and nylon bags for my hand wash items several times without problem.

Hasn't broken down yet, so I guess that's good.

• Energy Efficiency: