Other Washing Machines:
GTWN4250DWS

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

Simple machine, but a hard worker

Although this machine doesn't have all the bells and whistles some of the machines have today, this does a good job just simply getting your clothes clean.

I...Read complete review

Energy Efficiency
I don't think this is as good as some of the higher efficiency models, but I don't think it is guzzler either.

Cleaning Time
Good timing - about 40 minutes to get a load done.

Even after having this for a few years, this machine is still a trooper and is cleaning clothes just the same. I have never even done an in depth cleaning of the machine and it still performs quite well even with little boys' clothes.

Very easy to use and figure out. No need to break the manual out all the time to figure out all the settings.

Although the front loading once look interesting, I think the design of this works well. It is a little hard getting the last of the clothes out of the bottom of the load, but not too difficult.

Very durable. We've had ours for a few years and have even moved locations and it is still chugging along. No problems as of yet!

Worse washer I have ever had

I have four children. When I bought this washer I asked the salesman about how well it would hold up to the demands of a large family. I was assured that it was the best one for what I needed. Thankfully I bought the extended warranty. I have had the repairman out more than 8 times to fix this washer. I have asked for a replacement because I truly think this is a defective washer but was told that I need to have the same problem repeatedly. It happens that I have different problems and basically the repairmen have rebuilt the washer completely. I would not recommend this washer at all. It simply cannot stand up to the demands of a large household. If you do purchase it BE SURE to buy the optional service plan warranty. It has paid for itself at LEAST 15 times over.

Cleaning Time
The cycles have not worked correctly and we must use the heavy cycle at all times to run a load. The heavy cycle is a very long cycle.

Amazing!

from East Moline, il

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings
  • Clean Clothes Well
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Quiet
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Bedding
    • Delicates
    • Everyday Clothes
    • Towels

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

I love this washer! I bought it last year and it is by far the best washing machine! I do laundry for 5 people and it definitely gets the job done!

Great brand for those just starting out

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

This machine is great. I have been a GE user for many years and this particular machine is no exception. This is a high quality washing machine that is perfect for anyone that is just starting out on there own, and has a need for a high quality washing machine. It is well worth a 10 rating.

Energy Efficiency
    This unit is great and meets the rating for energy efficiency, which is a plus for my family and other families that are energy conscious.

Cleaning Time
    I love the fact that this unit is set at a rate that is enough time to really get your clothes clean.

This machine does a fantastic job and washing your clothes thoroughly.

It is relatively simple to operate this unit. It is pretty self explanatory, nothing difficult about operating this machine.

This unit will fit any household. It has a basic design that works for anyone

I owned this unit for a good amount of time and never experienced any break downs at all

I call this Washer Old Faithful

from Crofton, MD

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

Simple and easy to use, the GE Top Load Washer is cheap and easy to use. Though it does not have all those advance new controls, my GE washer has been working for ten years now with no issues, leaks, or break downs. You cannot ask for anything better.

Energy Efficiency
    I do not think this washer was designed with energy efficiency in mind, no energy star rating that I can see.

Cleaning Time
    Variable settings depending on the amount of grime, this washer works great for any mess. I know the newer models have higher efficiency and quicker cleaning time, but again, this washer has had no issues and continues to run great.

Different settings are available as desired for the type of laundry you are washing.

Very simple to use, my 11 year old daughter easily runs this washing machine.

Easy and clean design, made to fit in any laundry room or closet.

Great durability, has survived several moves and continues to work after close to ten years.

Hate it

from Chicago, IL

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

Hate, hate this washer. This washer ruins more clothes than cleans them. I would not recommend this machine unless you like to have all your clothes look old.

Energy Efficiency
    Waste more water re-rinsing my clothes to get the clothes clean.

To short

Terrible

It is easy to use

There is no design to this machine. It is just a square box

• Cleaning Time:

Pretty good washing machine.

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

So to start there are several things that I love about this washer. Firstly, is that it washes my clothes and my family's clothing fairly quickly, and it is very thorough. I have a one year old daughter who loves to smear food all over her clothes and make a very large mess. This machine can wash her clothes very well even without prewashing. I also love the fact that it is taller rather than wider like our last washer, it fits a lot better in the laundry closet. Another thing that is really great about it is that it is very quiet even in the spin cycle, which is very important to me because I do the majority of the cleaning and laundry when my one year old daughter is sleeping.
    One of the things that I dislike about this washing machine is that the drum is a smaller size than our last one which makes us have to do more loads of clothing that have less in them, and it gets to be time consuming.
    For the most part though this washing machine is a pretty great one.

• Cleaning Time:

Handles tough washes for a family of 8!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

This is the best washer I have ever owned. Having an efficient and reliable washer is super important for our family of 2 adults, 6 kids and 2 dogs. There are a lot of articles of clothing and other fabrics that constantly need washed and I run this washer on a daily basis. We have owned it for over 2 years and have never had a single issue with it. It's easy to use; my preteens and young teens can use it with ease and the size of the wash bin is spacious which helps me get a lot of laundry done in one load that may have taken 2 or 3 loads in previous washers we have owned.

Energy Efficiency
    It's no surprise to me that this washer really is energy efficient since it's made by one of the top energy efficient brands, GE. Our electric bill is very affordable even though I run about 2 loads per day, every day of the week with this washer. That's impressive and important to me and our budget!

Cleaning Time
    I am really happy with how fast yet efficient this washer cleans our clothes. Even with the extra rinse and heavy wash cycles, it still only takes about 25 minutes to run a load. If it's a small load and I don't use the extra rinse, it takes approximately 18 minutes. Fantastic!

This washer exceeded my expectation in performance as well. With all the cycle options and other options it has to ensure that our clothes come out smelling great and being really clean, is impressive to me.

As mentioned in my overall rating of this washer, even my preteens can use it with no problems. The buttons are easy to push, pull and turn and the cycle options are easy to read and understand.

Simple is sometimes better and that's my feelings towards this washer. It may not be the most innovative washer but that's okay. All I want is a washer that looks nice and not necessarily extravagant, and a washer that gets the job done right and that is what I have with the GE Top Load Washer.

This washer is made for your home but is industrial strength in build. Owned over 2 years and still going strong! I have washed some pretty heavy duty fabrics in this washer and it gets it all clean every time without causing any mechanical problems. Built to last!

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

I have owned the GE top load washer for about six years now, I purchased it new after my old washer broke beyond repair and I have had no complaints about this washer thus far! In the six years I have owned it so far, I have not had to replace any parts or get any repairs which I am very happy about! I am very impressed with the durability of this washer.
    I also love how well this washer cleans my clothes. Our family of four washes laundry at least twice a week with this washer. We have a dog and one young child in the household so our clothes can definitely get very dirty but this washer gets out all the dirt and pet hair and stains that we throw at it!
    This is honestly one of the best investments in a washer that we could have made. It was a great price when we purchased it and it still looks and works like it is brand new!
    Overall, I would highly recommend the GE top loading washer! It's a great value and works amazingly well!

Gets the Job Done

from Dallas, TX

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

When I was shopping for a new washing machine, the salesman recommended the GE Top Load Washer GTWN4250DWS. I had planned to purchase a front loader, but I'm so glad I got this machine instead. It has been perfect for my family.
    The GE Top Load Washer is smart and intuitive. The wash cycles are a bit longer than my previous machine but are extremely thorough. The water level is determined by brilliant sensors that only use as much water as is needed. I feel confident that water isn't being wasted.
    The spin cycle is one of my favorites with a 700 RPM speed, it get my clothing so dry that it spends far less time in the dryer, thus saving me more electricity and less wear and tear on my clothing.
    I haven't had any issues at all with my GE Top Load Washer at all. I wash a lot of laundry since we use cloth diapers, and I have two children in diapers.
    I certainly put this washing machine through the test, and it has proven to be extremely durable. It gets my clothes (and diapers) really clean. There is no residue left after a load.
    The machine runs quietly and has all of the right settings for every load that I could possibly wash.

Works quickly and effectively

Runs smoothly and quietly

The settings are easy to figure out

No complaints here

Still running like brand new

• Cleaning Time:

This machine is a great value

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

We purchased this machine back when we had very little knowledge about washing machines. Our deciding factor was price. It was affordable and seemed small enough to fit inside of our small washroom. It was easy to set up. My husband was able to do it himself within 30 minutes. It came with a warranty but we never had to use it. We washed at least one load per day. It was a little loud but it's a washing machine, what do you expect? It took about an hour to wash each load. That didn't bother me back then, but now that I've learned a little more about machines, I would consider that slow. It was very simple to use. Just pick your function, set your load size, and adjust your water temperature. That sounds complicated but it really only takes a few seconds and if you use the same settings for most of your loads, all you really have to do is press start. I thought it cleaned our laundry very well. It's definitely a great machine for a small budget and family.

• Cleaning Time:

GE is one of the best washing machines I have ever used so far

from Upper Marlboro, MD

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

So far, our GE king size capacity washing machine is still working after all these years. It is very quiet and the pulsating and agitating action does not even make a noise.
    Even the spin mode is smooth and doesn't vibrate unlike the other washing machine we had before this one.

Energy Efficiency
    It cleans the clothes even in the lower level setting, like warm instead of hot, and less water.

Cleaning Time
    Seems like the clothes come out cleaner, even those soiled ones.

The performance is very smooth, with very little noise, as if it's not even on. I would put a comforter or blanket, and it will even them inside the machine, so it does not crank up.

Just press the right buttons: the temperature setting, the load capacity, and the type of materials to be washed (heavy, permanent press, delicate, etc.). Load your clothes in, pour the detergent and press the start button.

The overall design is alright, simple (nothing elaborate), easy to understand features and easy to handle knobs.

It's still working after all these years, especially with my Mom constantly opening and closing the lid while spinning or agitating. I figured it would be time to replace it by now, but it's still running just like new.