2.8

2.8

Poorbquality

from California

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Energy Efficient

Cons

• Breaks Down
  • Noisy

• Everyday Clothes

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

This machine is less than 5 years old and is no longer working. The part it needs is almost $300 which is almost what I paid for it. Do not buy!

Good performance, easy to operate

from Belleville, NJ

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

I just purchased about a month ago and am very happy with the performance and my purchase decision.

Cleaning Time
able to set exact setting time according to the sensor for the load.

I like the Hydrowave feature because the clothes washing cycle is very quiet and you don't hear the agitator being loud at all. It has a precise auto fill, so you can either judge the size of the load or it does it for you automatically. Rinse and spin cycle are quiet and the the spin cycle is really good as far as getting the clothes free of water.

no guess work involved, you just push the buttons for your specific load and that's it. you can chose the type of wash such as towels or delicates, whites, colored......it is easy to use.

I like the wash basket, stainless, except it is really deep and you have to stretch inside. I had to get a top loader for specific reasons, so I guess a front loader would make this task easier.

haven't owned it for too long yet, so I can stress how durable it is over time.

• Energy Efficiency:
  • Cleaning Time:

Doesn't Clean Good!

from Limestone, NY

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

Was so excited to get a new high efficiency, energy star washer, but this one is the pits! Does not clean good at all! I have had to wash muddy clothes twice just to get them clean! Not good at all for a family with children who love playing outside! Really doesn't save with anything when I have to wash the loads two times to get them clean! When I called customer service the lady told me that it's really not made to do large loads, cleans a lot better with smaller loads. But we got this because of the size and because it was supposed to wash extra large loads - so this has been a bad choice all around! Stay away from this model, unless you like doing lots of small loads of wash, numerous times a day! Really disappointed with GE - I had always thought they had top quality appliances, but not after the experience with this! I will go with a different brand next time!

Energy Efficiency
Not energy efficient when you have to wash the clothes 2 times!

Cleaning Time
Real dirty clothes need to be wahsed 2 times!

• Energy Efficiency:
  • Cleaning Time:

Fast with a funny sound.

from Rincon, GA

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

With a growing family, we needed a little bigger washing machine that was more efficient than the one we currently had.  During the holiday sales we found this GE at a good price and it had a bigger capacity.  I had heard mixed reviews about the front loader machines so we decided to go with the top loader.  It has a 4.3 IEC cu. ft. and is Energy Star rated which uses less water.  It also has a short agitator unlike the old models.  The short agitator helps keep your clothes from get worn quicker but they do seem to tangle together. The main downside I found with this washer is the odd sounds it makes.  It sounds like a jet plane taking off at points in the washing cycle but It washes large loads quickly.  It is fairly basic which works for us but has several options in wash cycles and has a fabric softener compartment and a seperate bleach compartment. Overall, we love the size of the washer and how quickly it washes the clothes, especially compared to our 12 year old washing machine.