Other Washing Machines:

GE Top Load Washer

Does the job

from Empire, AL

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

I have had this washing machine for about 8 years. From the very beginning it had issues with staying on balance. The machine would bounce and jump so hard that I thought a diesel truck was about to run into my house. I had a repair man come out and he told me it was off balance and he fixed it. It wasn’t long before it started acting up again. Then it quit. The repair man came back out and told me the computer had quit. We ordered a new computer and it began working again. But it wasn’t long before it started bouncing and jumping around again. I figured out that when I washed a super size load the clothes would pile to one side during the spin cycle and that would cause the machine to start rocking and bouncing. My kids are terrified of the machine because it is so loud when it gets off balance. Here we are in year 8 and the knob broke off and I can only wash on super sized loads now. But I will say that this machine has washed many a load of laundry. There are 5 of us in the house so it gets used several times a day sometimes. When I hear people talk about their problems with their high efficiency machines, I am glad I have my traditional top loader. Though it has had a few issues, it still runs and I can’t ask for more.

Cleaning Time
You have several different cycles to choose from depending on how dirty your clothes are.

It cleans good.

Easy to use, though my knob broke off and I can't adjust the wash size.

I wish it was better designed to stay balanced and not rock so much when washing super loads.

Though I have had to have it worked on, it still runs and still cleans.

• Energy Efficiency:
  • Cleaning Time:

Fantastic looks simple but running it is amazing.

from Ontario, CA

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

This washing machine Works soo good! I use it everyday i have a large house hold this machine handles my loads like nothing. I have had it six months and i would not trade it for any other machine. IF it broke down I would definately get another one of these. It's easy to use durable heavy duty machine Worth what I paid and more.

Reasonably priced Top Load Washer that works great.

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

My old GE washer died last fall.  It was an extra-large wash load washer.  Until it stopped spinning I was very happy with it.  The repair man that I spoke to after it broke said that it would cost almost as much to repair my old one as it would to buy a new one so we decided just to get a new one.  I knew that I wanted to stay with GE because i wanted to match my GE dryer and started researching online right away.

The WBSR3140GWW has everything that I had in my old machine plus more.  It has a super-plus capacity and 12 wash cycles.  It has an automatic softwater dispenser and 3 water levels to make sure you don't use more than you need.  When it washes the clothes it makes a very quiet swishing sound.  I can barely hear it through the laundry room door.

The only thing it doesn't have is the energy star rating.  I am really trying improve the way we use energy and wanted an energy star rated machine but this one does seem to be very energy efficient, at least in comparison to my old machine.

A very good washer for the price

from Powell, TN

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

I love my washer.  It has been a very good washer even though it is not among the pricier versions.  If it ever goes out on me, I will try to find another one of the same brand.  It is so easy to use.

The top load washer from GE does the job.

from Winnebago, IL

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

The General Electric Top Washer does the job. I am a busy mom who just throws the clothes in the washer and comes back and puts the clothes in the washer. The GE washer is quiet and quick. I like how I can leave the lid open to soak my clothes over night if need be.

GE top loader, lots of cycle options

from West Warren, MA

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

We purchased this GE top loading washer last year. I love that there are so many cycle options available, including load size, water temperture, two soak settings (15 and 30 minutes) as well as a second rinse cycle. There are also you standard wash cycles- which include different times for washing heavy, medium or lightly soiled items. It also includes gentle washing cycles as well. With three children and two adults in the house, we have a bit to wash- to say the least and it handles it all very well. I use the lightly soiled option for normal wear clothing (school clothes and mine) and the heavily soiled option for play clothes and my Husbands work clothes. He fixes trains- so oils, dirt and even diesel fuel follow him home often ! We've never had an issue with this washer as far as spin cycles or noise. If I could change anything- I would add a second spin only cycle, I always double spin to save on drying time.

my cabrio top loader is the best machine I have ever used.

from Bakersfield, CA

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

My husband bought me one for our anniversary. Its the best machine i have ever used. its so easy to use. No agitator to mess with so more clothess can fit.Less soap tp use is a plus.Would recommend to anyone.