3.5
WHRE5550HWW
GE Top Load Washer

GE Top Load Washer

3.5

i would not buy this again

from Chickasha, Oklahoma

About Me Occasional User

Pros

• Adjustable Settings

Cons

• Breaks Down
  • Doesn't Clean Effectively
  • doesn't drain

• Everyday Clothes

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

I bought this washer October 23, 2010. It has already stopped draining. I have to do three or four cycles on spin and drain before I get the water out. I am so disappointed. I research for a washer when I bought this one. The washer I had before was my mom's and it was a GE. It lasted 35 years. This one did not last six years!!

Easy to operate and great cleaning.

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

Not being a person who posts reviews (though I do research and read others), I felt compelled to post this review due to all the lousy press this unit has received. We have had this washer (and dryer set) for a couple of weeks now and we absolutely LOVE IT!! I They have huge capacity, a steel interior and everything comes out wonderfully clean. I followed the Manufacturers guidelines and frankly don't know what the disgruntled owners of this unit are talking about. We could not be happier, unless the laundry actually folded itself. So glad we didn't listen to the negative reviews on this one.

• Energy Efficiency:
  • Cleaning Time:

GE washer is Great

from Pinellas Park, FL

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

Bought this and at first was very leary, but after almost a year have learned that this will clean any and all. No stain will not be cleaned if properly washed (pretreated also). Very quiet when in operation and seems to spin extra, clothes are very clean and dry as can be for being washed. Had to get use to the new sounds of this washer and was skeptical of the low profile agitator but was quickly won over after a couiple of loads and my wifes approving eyes and daughters frequent visits to wash their clothes instead of the complexes pay washers, she says that this is the best washer she has used and I am now the twinkle in her eye for buying it for her.

Definitely highly recommend and would buy again when this one finally has its final spin cycle.

I love my new GE Collosal (WHRE555oH) washing machine!

from Rome, GA

Comments about GE Top Load Washer:

I bought this GE washer 2 months ago and I love it.  I read alot of reviews before purchasing this particular machine and I feel like I have gotten a good, durable machine.  I wanted a front loader, but after doing research,  I felt like I needed to stay with top loader. It has many extras that my old washer didn't have. It has a prewash cycle, plus 4 other wash cycles, it also has a fabric softener, extra rinse, and extra spin cycle.  You can choose the size of load, small, med., large, or super, which I thought was very important after reading the reviews about the auto fill machines. I can wash almost twice the amount of clothes in one wash that I did in two loads in my old machine.  I rated this washer with 4 stars because it is a little loud when it spins, but I keep the door closed in the utility room anyway, so it's not a problem.  That's the only reason I did not give it 5 stars.  I am very satisfied with the washer and I recommend it to anyone wanting a top loader.