3.5

3.5

I love this microwave.

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about GE Steel 1100 Watts Microwave Oven:

We have had this microwave for months now and I really enjoy it. I remodeled my home and wanted to replace my white appliances with stainless steel. I was concerned about cleaning stainless steel as I have had friends complain about how impossible it is to keep finger prints off it. You truly don't have to worry about this with the clean steel. These ease of cleaning it is fairly easy. I love the clean steel I will say that. I was concerned about cleaning stainless steel as I have had friends complain about how impossible it is to keep finger prints off it. You truly don't have to worry about this with the clean steel. There are numerous settings on this microwave that make it so easy to use including pushing the 1 thru 6 buttons to add those minutes or a 30 second button to add 30 seconds (even multiple times if you like). I love having it over the stove so its not taking up cabinet space. Overall, I would highly recommend this microwave

wonderful performance

Settings/Features
Many easy setting features

easy cleaning. My only complaint is the black on the number pad shows streaks and prints. You have to keep it and the black door handle wiped down if you are OCD like me.

very easy to use

I have had no issues with this microwave

Designed well.

• Settings/Features:

Great microwave! Love all the buttons and settings!

from Austin, TX

Comments about GE Steel 1100 Watts Microwave Oven:

I haven't had any issues with this microwave and it's about 5 years old. It hasn't broken and the turntable works great. I love the touch screen and we always get comments from our guests about it. Much fancier and nicer looking than regular microwaves with all their buttons. You don't see the electronic panel unless you touch it so there are only 3 buttons on the microwave which means more stainless steel. The exhaust fan works well and I like the variable speeds on it. It's easy to clean and has a light underneath which helps with the work surface on the oven below the microwave.

My only beef with it is that the timer makes you press the time in and then you have to press enter and then start. There have been times when we've only pressed enter and forgot to press start and we come back to find out that the timer hasn't been going. I think we're used to it now, but it was hard to get used to having to press enter and then start after inputting a time for the timer.

GE Stainless Steel Microwave Oven does the job

from Plano, TX

Comments about GE Steel 1100 Watts Microwave Oven:

This GE Stainless Steel Microwave Oven does the job, but it isn't worth the extra money. I know stainless steel looks nice, which is why we prefer appliances like that, but you would think that the company would make sure it would have more features and work better for the cost. One big complaint I had was our turntable broke just while microwaving and it costs an arm and a leg to replace it. I had to buy another GE microwave (an old model, used) to replace it. Imagine that! It is cheaper to buy a whole new microwave than the turntable. Other than that, it works as any microwave. So in conclusion, if you are looking for something that looks nice with your kitchen decor, it might be best to try another brand and read through other reviews before buying this microwave from GE.

A great unit if it didn't fall apart!

from Bolingbrook, IL

Comments about GE Steel 1100 Watts Microwave Oven:

Purchased in January 2005. Within q8 months, we had been finding small black pieces of plastic on our stove, and could not figure out what they were from. We know now.

The venting system that they use as a "selling point" was breaking apart. **Today I went to use the microwave and the entire vent cover fell off and landed on the stove**. Tons of small broken pieces of plastic remained in the unit... the metal brackets had completely broken off.

This was part of a total kitchen remodel. I feel we made a BIG mistake going with GE,

Of course, I've emailed GE numerous times through their website, and have NEVER received a reply. It's obvious they want your money, not your satisfaction.

Now we need t go buy another over the range microwave oven, **because the GE Profile Spacesaver 2.0 only lasted 5 years.** (My Sharp microwave lasted 15 years and still works, 5 year later at my nieces house.