Other Microwave Ovens:
GE
JVM1540
GE Spacemaker Microwave Oven

GE Cafe Microwave

I purchased the GE Cafe 2.0 Cu. Ft 1100 Watts Microwave as part of the GE set of cafe line of appliances! I would definitely recommend this microwave because it's really great! I love the sleek design of the microwave and the outside is easy to keep clean. I love the light up touch screen, it's very easy to use and leaves a lot less buttons to clean. The only major cleaning issue with the outside is fingerprints on the touch screen but they come off easily when wiped down. I think that this microwave works really great, it always heats my food thoroughly without making it hard or drying it out and it cooks very quickly. I love all of the different settings on this microwave. It has different functions like cook, thaw, cook time by food type or weight or time. I also like the 30 second express button for fast heating! This microwave also has a built in vent and light on the bottom so it's great to use over my GE cafe stove! The outside and the inside of this microwave are sleek so both are very easy to keep clean and I have absolutely no complaints! Overall, the GE Cafe microwave is brilliant! I would definitely give it ten out of ten stars.

A Space Saver But Needs Constant Cleaning

I have owned a number of regular microwave ovens but when I had the chance to upgrade to a mounted version I jumped on it. I like the lay out of the buttons and that they are flat but getting it in white was a mistake. Every piece of dust, dirt and lint shows on it and because it is mounted right over the range I get a lot of splashes from grease, sauce and when I fry bacon. The digital timer read out is a little on the small side but I got used to it. One of the things that I don't like is the exhaust; there's no outside exhaust hook-up on it. The microwave that was mounted over the range would work even when the door was partially open so I unplugged it; there was a port already in the wall for that one but this one didn't match up in the same spot so the exhaust is pretty much useless as it just pulls the air up, through the filter and back into the room. It does nothing to get rid of strong odors or when you burn something. If I had it to do over I would have gotten this in the all black version or the chrome and black color combination. I clean this almost every day because the dirt on it grates my last nerve. Some of the perks of it include an "add 30" button that allows you to add thirty seconds to the timer while it is on, a defrost feature that allows you to thaw things based on their weight, a light and quick-cook buttons for things like popcorn and to reheat cooked items that only need a minimal amount of time. This was easy to install and my brother had it up and running in about ten minutes; it is anchored to the wall securely and there's no vibration when it is being used. There is an option to turn the sound off of it so if you don't like hearing it giving you alerts when the timer goes off you can turn it off. For the price this was worth getting but if you do a lot of stove top cooking consider getting this in black or the black and chrome combination. Ease of Cleaning I regret getting it in white because it needs constant cleaning.

Ge Microwave

This microwave worked well for us for many years. We just recently had to replace it because it was starting to spark when it was running. Up until then we haven't had any trouble with it and it worked great. Performance This microwave performed well for us and we never had any problems with it. It was a good size for our family. Settings/Features I liked the quick cook settings on this microwave. It was very easy to use and quick to find the right buttons. Ease of Cleaning This microwave was very easy to clean. I just wiped it down with a damp cloth when needed and for more stubborn messes I heated water to create steam and then wiped out the mess. it was very easy to clean. Ease of Use This microwave was very easy to use. The buttons were easy to find and the settings were easy to use. Durability This microwave held up well for us and we never had any problems with it. Design The design was very simple and easy to use. It was basic but yet had all the buttons on that made it very convenient to use.

Good Microwave for the price

For the money spent, this is a good quality microwave that can last for several years. Ours is mounted under the vent hood with a seperate venting kit and fits well, works well and looks good. It does have an issue with the turntable track jumping and bumping if ANYTHING gets on a wheel but past that, it's pretty good. Performance It does exactly what I need it to do...warm/cook my food. It's quick, easy and ready when I am. Settings/Features I do love how the buttons are set on this particular model. They "make sense" to me in their arrangement. I also love the timer settings and can leave an item in overnight and have it ready in the morning. That is convenient. Ease of Cleaning This is more my fault with it being mounted higher but it is a bit more difficult to clean it. Ease of Use Very easy to use microwave. It's user friendly and when friends come to visit, I don't have to explain how to use it. It's self explanatory. Durability The last one we had lasted 12 years and finally died so we expect the same out of this one and for the price, it's perfect. Design We love the mounted under the vent availabily of this model.

Whitewright, TX

A good replacement model

Our previous model blew up a few months ago--this is a nice replacement model. We specifically got it in black to hide all the dirt marks that our previous white model used to show very easily. It's the same size as our other one and fits the corner spot perfectly. Controls are easy to use and easy to learn. Performance It's been working fine. We seem to get more even heating with this unit than in prior ones. Maybe some new technology was used. It heats like a full sized model--we use the heat settings that are on most microwaveable items for a full strength unit and cooking times are perfect. Settings/Features Easy to use. Easy to see and find. You can set the heat levels as well as time. There are presets to use that work very well for us. Times on the presets seem to be very accurate. Ease of Cleaning Definitely go with black next time you're getting a microwave. It really hides finger prints and stains much better than white units do. Easy to white off outside and inside. Not too many nooks or crannies to get into. Anything that needs to be removed to be cleaned easily comes out. Durability We hope it lasts a long time. Design Smooth, sleek finish.

GE Microwave Oven

I absolutely love this microwave! It is a nice size to sit very well on my counter top. The design is basic but sleek. The push button to open the door works without difficulties. The door opens easily and closes with no trouble. The turntable works quietly and efficiently. The interior has always been very easy to clean. The interior is large enough that I can place a large dinner plate or four quart mixing bowl inside and have the food heat evenly. I have set every size container in this microwave oven from a small glass to a four quart mixing bowl. The buttons on the front, actually a finger touch pad, are easy to read and use. I really like the separate settings for popcorn, potato, and more. It makes it so easy to set an item in the microwave, close the door, press the designated button and all the guess work has been taken out of how much to cook an item for and for how long.

Hermiston, OR

true

A large, user friendly microwave.

A few of the auto cook features are slightly inaccurate but the product seems sturdy and hasn't needed any repairs so far. Performance The microwave preforms well, cooking everything thoroughly. Ease of Cleaning Extremely easy to clean. All surfaces are durable and can be cleaned roughly without danger of damaging them.

Just the right size

I have had several Space Make Products. I have loved them all. They are easy to install and do not take up my counter space. Like a lot of people I have never really had an apartment or house that had as much counter space as I would like. I do not like my counters messy or cluttered so the Space Maker is perfect for my needs. It is small though so do not get it if you are one that likes to use a microwave to prepare large casseroles, meats or dinners. For heat ups, frozen meals and small dishes it is just right. It is very easy to use. Most microwaves are and most people have used one by now so that should not be an issues for anyone. It is easy to clean just wipe it down after you use it. I cover everything i put in it so that keeps the clean up to a minimum. Performance Just right for frozen foods, defrosting and warm ups Settings/Features It has all the setting you should need for this size of microwave. Ease of Cleaning Easy to clean just cover your food and wipe it down after using. just take a few second. Ease of Use Easy to use.. Durability I have had very good luck with my Space Maker products. Time will tell on this one. Design The design is what i like best. It is small and fits under the counter.

Love it

I am forever using my microwave for something! From melting butter because its quicker and easier than melting on the stove, to making poached eggs the microwave is often my go to machine. I went out shopping after my last one died and found this one and love it! It is just compact enough to fit in a little cut out above my shelves so it does not take up counter space and it works like a charm! I can melt butter in it quicker than in my old microwave and can even cook raw pumpkin in it! I absolutely adore this microwave and if it ever dies, I will go out and buy the exact same model! The GE space maker microwave oven is perfect for my household and I would recommend this to anyone I know! GE really hit a home run with this microwave oven! Performance It doesn't make food rubbery but it does heat things fully and evenly! Settings/Features Very easy to use even my kids have no problem turning it on and heating up their oatmeal or to warm up their milk. Ease of Cleaning Easy to clean just swipe a cloth in it. The outside doesn't get fingerprints on it easily either, which makes it really handy. Ease of Use very simple to use and understand the functions of it. GE made this consumer friendly to use! Durability It seems pretty durable so far and I look forward to it for years to come. Design I love that it fits in small spaces but gives the same quality as a bigger microwave oven.

true

This product would not be a waste of my time if it was cheaper.

it was ok with the performance and the ease of cleaning, but it was overall bland for my taste. Performance It was ok. Settings/Features The settings was easy to use but overall just not necessary. Ease of Cleaning it was very easy to clean. Durability The durability of this microwave is easily used for another 10 years because I have no incoherent use for it.

false