Other Refrigerators:

GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator GSS20GEWCC

Pros

Cons

ge side by side

The unit is a large capacity frig. Shelving provides for lots of storage. The freezer space although adequate in volume due to the width can be limiting.

Noise LevelRead complete review

Noise Level
The unit is quiet except when the ice maker engages. Water running into the ice maker can be loud and the sound of the ice being deposited into the bin can be loud as well.

Interior Organization
Shelves and drawers are provided for optimal storage. A smaller drawer for lunch meat and cheese along with drawers for the fruit and vegetables allows for proper food storage.

Temperature Control
No problems have been found in the temperature. Food is maintained at a proper cooling temperature and the freezer food is stored at proper temperatures as well.

Simply wiping down with a damp cloth has made the unit easy to clean on a regular basis.

At this time my unit is 8 years old and has had no problems. We have hard water so we go thru water filters on a regular basis but beyond that it has worked well.

Although I like the unit I would prefer a unit with wider shelving as provided in the freezer on the bottom style. For a small family the design works. But for a larger family a different unit would be of better design.

fair to midland

This refrigerator looks real pretty, but when you buy a product you not only buy it for beauty you buy it for performance. We bought one of these for our new home a few years back and the water and ice machine broke which was out of warranty. Why is it you have to buy an extended warranty with items any way? T he manufactures should have enough confidence to back their own products for at least 5 years. Another year into the product and we had to have a man out to fix the cooling unit. Needless to say we were not pleased with this product at all.

Noise Level
Made some noise, but livable. You can hear the ice machine which is all right , because you know it's working. Yes, the noise was livable.

Interior Organization
I like the inside design. It had nice big storage bins and inside door storage. I like the movable shelves also. And all the bins were see through so you could see what was in them.

Temperature Control
kept food at a steady temp. so I didn't have food freezing when it was next to the cooling device.

The glass shelves were easy to clean, to remove and replace. The bins also were easy to remove and replace. They were easy to clean also.

Things broke into the second year of ownership. To me an appliance should last at least 5 years without defect. Not so in this case.

I like the design, it was very roomy. The freezer was roomy and the door had nice storage also.

I would buy this refrigeration again!

from Elon, North Carolina

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Big Families
    • Large Kitchens
    • Office Fridge

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator GSS20GEWCC:

The only thing I would change is how you replace the filter. It is down on the bottom of the unit and I have to lay in the floor to do it.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

It's okay.

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator GSS20GEWCC:

Overall, I would say that this refrigerator is pretty average. It gets the job done, but it doesn't knock my socks off. This was in an apartment I lived in for a couple of years, so I am very familiar with it.

It certainly keeps food cold, which is really all you need. It has an in-door water filtration system, which some people really like. I prefer my brita, so I never really used this. I've heard that this actually ends up dirty, so the water and ice isn't as clean as you would think. I don't think that is unique to this refrigerator though, just a general comment about how I don't really think they are a good use of your interior space.

I think it's the look that bothers me the most. It's just a bit outdated looking, and I don't think it really stands the test of time.

If you can get a good deal and it matches the look you are going for, I don't have any real negatives. I just can't really work myself up to give glowing reviews when it's just your normal, everyday kind of a refrigerator.

ge side by side

• Temperature Control:

Not enough storage space overall.

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator GSS20GEWCC:

There is not enough of storage space for any food. The freezer is so small you can barely keep any meat in it. The side where you keep your non frozen foods is poorly designed. The shelves and drawer could be put in differently. I would recommend looking at another refrigerator.

Noise Level
    When whatever clicks on it is kind of loud and while its running it has a constant irritating noise.

Interior Organization
    The storage space could be designed differently to allow more storage space for food especially the freezer area.

Temperature Control
    It kept all the food at its right temperature which is the only thing this product has going for it.

The way it is designed there is not enough room to get in the refrigerator to clean it the wa it should be cleaned.

There were 3 different things that broke on this refrigerator. He good thing was the parts were not that expensive but the way it is designed it made it difficult to work on in the freezer side.

Overall this was a very poorly designed product. There could have been a little more time put in designing this refrigerator.

• Temperature Control:

efficient and long lasting refrigerator

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator GSS20GEWCC:

In 2006 when we were shopping for a new home, one of our major concern was about the type of appliances we would like to have in the kitchen. We got adviced by a cousin to buy appliances from GE, he told us that they make very good quality appliances. I am glad we took to his advice. This refrigerator has been in my kitchen since August of 2006 and we have never had any major problem with it. The refrigerator is specious and divided in to different compartments. This division makes it easy to store different things like fruits and vegetables in seperate sections. The ice machine works great, although my husband had to replace something from it once. The temperature remains in good working condition , keeping food stuff safe to eat. I also love the color of this GE refrigerator because it is milky and easy to clean. Although I feel like this refrigerator is old fashioned and I am eager to get a new one, I stiil feel guilty doing so because there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. We bought this GE refrigerator through the Rhyland Home Builders. It was a very good buy.

SPACY FRIDGE

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator GSS20GEWCC:

I highly recommend this appliance , is durable and roomy.

Noise Level
    This is so quiet , even the water dispenser is quiet.

Interior Organization
    Plenty of room and shelving so there is place for everything.

Temperature Control
    Love how it is designed, the bottom drawer is cold enough to keep meat that it will almost freeze, the drawer above is independent from the other for vegetables to prevent moisture and maintain freshness. fridge interior is independent from both drawers have had no issues.

Every part comes out easily to keep your interior clean.

I have had mine now for 10 years and have had no issues

no complaints love the space.

Awesome Fridge

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator GSS20GEWCC:

A workhorse fridge continues to out preform any other fridge that I have owned. When I do buy another fridge it will be GE!

Quiet as a mouse

Interior Organization
    Door makes it so easy to organize

Temperature Control
    maintains a steady temp through out

Easy to remove shelves and draws to clean

Has help up nicely and nothing inside or out to show wear

This is a great fridge! I want a new one but can't give this one up it is a work horse!

fair to midland

Plenty of space

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator GSS20GEWCC:

We purchased this refrigerator for our new home and think its fine. There is plenty of storage space. It has two drawers in the bottom that have plenty of room, and they aren't flimsy. The only downfall is that the ice maker will only release crushed ice. For some reason it won't dispense the cubes. We're looking into having it serviced. Otherwise it's a good refrigerator for the price.

Side by Side Refrigerator

from Bloomington, IN

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator GSS20GEWCC:

A good product once we figured out that the heater in the freezer was not working.

Noise Level
    Really never notice it running

Interior Organization
    Would be better with more shelf space instead of door shelfs.

Temperature Control
    Controls seem to be true

Could use less door shelfs to make shelfs bigger in fridge