3.5
Side-by-Side Refrigerators
GE
GSHF6LGBBB
GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Summary

Enhance your kitchen with this refrigerator that features digital controls and thru-the-door water and ice dispensing for convenience Adjustable shelves and slide-out drawers help organize your freezer and FrostGuard technology keeps your foods

No more GE products

The unit I bought was a gsh22jfxm at a cost in excess of $1,000.00. From the outset it was noisier than the unit it replaced. The water dispenser quit working early on, which according to what I have read is a common problem. Which wasn't that big a deal, as it would only dispense about a cup of cold water and was a joke. The ice maker would jam up and have to be cleared. Then the compressor went out a little over five years after I bought it. In my opinion it was junk. I was not inclined to buy a GE but did based on a glowing Consumer Reports recommendation. I won't buy anything else from GE or look at Consumer Reports again, at least on refrigerators.

Texas

Good I guess

We were really happy with it at first and things were going great. Eventually the water dispenser stopped working and we could no longer get water out. We replace the filter as instructed and still no fix. After speaking to customer service, we are stuck with it unless we want to pay a service fee plus repair as it is no longer under warranty. From what I understand this is a very common problem with these refrigerators.

Great Refrigerator!

When we bought our new modular home back in 2008, all of our new appliances were General Electric appliances. This is the model of the refrigerator that we got and we have had no problems at all with it. It has a nice size freezer, great in the door water dispenser, with cubed ice and chopped ice - and alot of room in the frig. The drawers hold lots of food and keep it crisp like new for us. Easy to clean and keep clean and the outside wipes up easily. I would greatly recommend this piece to anyone that is shopping for a new one. Can't go wrong here! Noise Level Noise? I never hear anything with the frig. Interior Organization Well organized with lots of room for everything and the shelves are moveable to where you want them to be. Drawers are deep and easy to remove for cleaning. Ease of Cleaning Very easy to clean inside and out. Durability A very durable piece. Greatly recommended for anyone. No problems in 5 going on 6 years. Design Great design. Nothing major but very nice for the kitchen.

Strawberry Plains, TN

Better than expected!

We have had this refridgerator for almost 2 years now, and had no problems! The only maintenance we have had to do it replace the water filter after a little over a year. I love how easily adjustable and easy to clean the shelves are. I think my only complaints would be the ice maker can't always keep up with my family, but thats a personal thing I think, not a issue with the the actual fridge. Another would be that getting the replacement drawers are kinda pricey. As much a we paid for the fridge itself the replacement drawer costs are kind of ridiculous. My sister bought a Samsung fridge about five months after we bought this one, and she has already had a technition out to look at it for issues, so I figure we got the better deal. :) There is a million different refridgerators out there, and it took us about 3 weeks to decide on this one. I think it is all about personal preferences. All in all I think this one was a decent priced well built one.

true

Not a fan of GE anymore...

I have a lemon! Noise Level There is way too much noise made by the icemaker and as the thermostat clicks in to cool. Interior Organization It looks good and holds a good amount of refridgerated goods, but that it all it is good for at this point. Temperature Control I have had to reset it several times and when I measure the temperature with a thermometer it never matches the setting. Ease of Cleaning There is rust developing that I can not reach near the water filter. Durability In less than 6 months, we lost the use of the ice cube dispenser. Now it smells like smoke when we leave the door open for extended periods of time to load it with produce from the store. I am surprised there was no recall of this model. Design Sadly, I would not recommend this at all.

false

Good fridge, not perfect.

This refrigerator has been pretty good to us. It keeps food cold and that's what we need. But it also has a cold spot on the wall it shares with the freezer, you can't store anything right there that you don't want frozen. It's quiet and we like the configurable shelves.

Arvada, CO

true

Good value for they money, looks nice

My husband and I chose this refrigerator because of the size qualifications we needed for our kitchen and because I wanted a stainless steel fridge. When we got the refrigerator, the crushed ice function wasn't working, but we got that fixed easily. We still occasionally have problems with the ice maker, but, luckily, my husband is good at fixing things like that, so we don't have to hire someone to fix it. The water/ice dispenser is great to have on the door, and I think my family drinks more water because of it. I love the look of this refrigerator. I feel like it looks high-end. The stainless steel is a little bit hard to keep clean, but no harder than other stainless steel appliances. Because of the pull-out shelves, it's relatively easy to clean the interior of the refrigerator. The fridge side of the side-by-side is a little bit small, but there are lots of drawers and shelves to fit everything on. Ease of Cleaning It's hard to keep the stainless steel clean, but the interior is easy to clean because of the pull-out shelves and drawers. Durability The ice-maker malfunctions occasionally.

Spanish Fork, UT

Love it!

So far so good Noise Level I dont really notice any noise from the fridge. Occasionally I'll hear the water fill in the ice maker or the ice fall but that's if I'm in the kitchen. Interior Organization You're able to move some of the shelves to the perfect height. Durability I have only had it for about 3 weeks, but so far it seems durable. Design It looks nice and sleek in my kitchen.

Edmond, OK

true

GE side by side fridge has disappointed us

We're not cheap but we're frugal. We see no reason to put ourselves into stress-making debt situations in order to enrich the corporations of the world. So we do scout around for second-hand items and most of the time we find excellent items and excellent prices and everyone is happy. However, we decided to go "hog-wild" on this purchase and buy a brand-new, straight from the store, factory-clean, never-used, full price refrigerator. Side by Side was all the rage, oh, how they promised your life would change if you bought a side by side refrigerator! You were nothing and nobody if you did not have a side by side fridge (they implied). Well. We have not been pleased with this fridge: it has been running cold and ruining the vegetables and freezing items in the back of the shelves no matter how low we set the temperature. The hard vinyl coating on the handles has yellowed over time and does not look nice at all. The plastic protective cover on the freezer door has begun peeling, just from our fingers pushing the option for the light. It's not GE's fault that the side by side is not roomy but it is a face; all the space that an empty side by sidedfridge promises is nothing but an optical illusion. Not pleased with this purchase, won't buy another like it, new or used.

Glendale, CA

false

I am happy with our GE refrigerator

We got our GE refrigerator model GSH25JFX about 10 months ago. It was a big improvement over our old one. Food definately keeps longer, but I guess you would expect that when you change a nineteen-year-old refridgerator for a new one. We like the ice and water on the door.  That is a nice convenience, and it saves energy, since you do not need to open the freezer door to get ice. Plus, there is a filter for the water. The side-by-side configuration was new to me. I wondered if I would have trouble fitting large items into the refrigerator, but I have not had any trouble with that. I like the textured surface that doesn't show smudges as much as a flat, shiny surface. The bins are large and hold all my fresh fruits and vegetables with ease and I never have any trouble finding what I am looking for. The compartments inside the door are great for holding small bottles such as ketchup and mustard.

Columbia, MO