2.6

No more GE products

from Texas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
    • Noisy
    • Unreliable

Comments about GE Side by Side Refrigerator:

The unit I bought was a gsh22jfxm at a cost in excess of $1,000.00. From the outset it was noisier than the unit it replaced. The water dispenser quit working early on, which according to what I have read is a common problem. Which wasn't that big a deal, as it would only dispense about a cup of cold water and was a joke. The ice maker would jam up and have to be cleared. Then the compressor went out a little over five years after I bought it. In my opinion it was junk. I was not inclined to buy a GE but did based on a glowing Consumer Reports recommendation. I won't buy anything else from GE or look at Consumer Reports again, at least on refrigerators.

• Primary use:
      • Personal

Good I guess

Comments about GE Side by Side Refrigerator:

We were really happy with it at first and things were going great. Eventually the water dispenser stopped working and we could no longer get water out. We replace the filter as instructed and still no fix. After speaking to customer service, we are stuck with it unless we want to pay a service fee plus repair as it is no longer under warranty. From what I understand this is a very common problem with these refrigerators.

• Temperature Control:

Not a fan of GE anymore...

I have a lemon!

Noise Level
      There is way too much noise made by the icemaker and as the thermostat clicks in to cool.

Interior Organization
      It looks good and holds a good amount of refridgerated goods, but that it all it is good for at this point.

Temperature Control
      I have had to reset it several times and when I measure the temperature with a thermometer it never matches the setting.

There is rust developing that I can not reach near the water filter.

In less than 6 months, we lost the use of the ice cube dispenser. Now it smells like smoke when we leave the door open for extended periods of time to load it with produce from the store. I am surprised there was no recall of this model.

Sadly, I would not recommend this at all.

• Temperature Control:

Good value for they money, looks nice

from Spanish Fork, UT

Comments about GE Side by Side Refrigerator:

My husband and I chose this refrigerator because of the size qualifications we needed for our kitchen and because I wanted a stainless steel fridge. When we got the refrigerator, the crushed ice function wasn't working, but we got that fixed easily. We still occasionally have problems with the ice maker, but, luckily, my husband is good at fixing things like that, so we don't have to hire someone to fix it. The water/ice dispenser is great to have on the door, and I think my family drinks more water because of it. I love the look of this refrigerator. I feel like it looks high-end. The stainless steel is a little bit hard to keep clean, but no harder than other stainless steel appliances. Because of the pull-out shelves, it's relatively easy to clean the interior of the refrigerator. The fridge side of the side-by-side is a little bit small, but there are lots of drawers and shelves to fit everything on.

It's hard to keep the stainless steel clean, but the interior is easy to clean because of the pull-out shelves and drawers.

The ice-maker malfunctions occasionally.

Love it!

from Edmond, OK

So far so good

Noise Level
      I dont really notice any noise from the fridge. Occasionally I'll hear the water fill in the ice maker or the ice fall but that's if I'm in the kitchen.

Interior Organization
      You're able to move some of the shelves to the perfect height.

I have only had it for about 3 weeks, but so far it seems durable.

It looks nice and sleek in my kitchen.