Other Refrigerators:

GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

Love getting cold ice water to drink from my GE Refrigerator bef

Just replace a 20 yr old GE with a new GE Appliance Bisque 22.0 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator Energy Star. Liked the old one so much though I'd miss it but my new GE Refridgerator is so quiet. I don't even hear the ice cubes when they drop into the freezer ice cube tray. The new one is the same size as the old one but I seem to beable to get more in the new one.  The shelves are easy to adjust so everything I put inside of my new refrigerator can sit upright; like big bottle of pop. Of course, I could put those on the door trays as they big enough for big pop bottle or gallons of milk.  I like the way it is made as it will be easier to keep clean.  Love the way the water filter is on the inside of the GE Refrigerator; no more pulling out away from the wall just to change a water filter. Easy to see just what I have in the freezer too. There is a shelf above the icemaker and if I come home from the grocery store with half melted ice cream bars I can put them on the shelf and they refreeze quickly. But what I really love the most is being able to get my water and ice at the outside of the freezer door. It is quiet, it is quick, and it is cold. Crushed ice or ice cubes. Oh, and did I say that is filtered water? Who needs to pay for bottled water?

new GE black fridge quit after 2 1/2 yrs use

overall i must say it is poor, i will not purchase anymore regular ge appliances, i have heard that the ge profile is better quality, but i don't know, but as for the ge regular refridgerator, mine was black, the compressor went out after two and a half year, just 6 months after warranty expired. this refridgerator came new in the new 2009 southern estates benton green fiber mobile home we bought, i didn't renew the warranty with extended warranty because i had home up for sale and knew i was going to sell the place.

Noise Level
it wasn't quiet, but it wasn't loud either, you could tell when it was on, but it didn't really disrupt anything

Interior Organization
the overall interior design was pretty good, could of been slightly better, but alot better than many i have seen for the refridgerator part, but i wasn't that fond of the freezer sections layout, it was odd to stack things in and ease of use was aggravating at times

Temperature Control
overall temperature control was fairly good,

it was easy to clean for the most part, wiped out easily

bought ge black fridge in a new mobile home in feb. 2009, in 2011 i put home up for sale, and did not pay/renew warranty that ended after two years, because i was selling home and fridge was staying in home as it was part of the design that all appliances was black. well in august of 2011, 2 1/2 years after buying, just weeks before i sold home, refridgerator quit, causing a hit to the selling price. i took good care of fridge, cleaning behind and air (grill) opening periodically, it should not of quit. air compressor went out in it. so it was junk, hurt the sale of my home

it was a fairly good design overall, maybe a slight tweak or two to it if i was designing it, but for the most part i liked the design, but needs to use a better compressor in it, engineering needs improvement, obviously not a quality motor in it, or mine wouldn't of quit so soon after making, refridgerators should last for decades plus, not years- or days+,

The worst refrigerator on the planet

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

We own this fridge it came with our new trailer home after our other home burned down and we got the insurance and move into our new one all of the appliances are GE, the water is already not working in the fridge, we turn it down on the cold side and it freezes our cheese and vegetables that are store in the drawer.
It abosolutly terrible.
we paid a lot of money for the new trailer home why of all things GE yaak.

Noise Level
Its quiet we never hear it that's one of the better things about it.Not bad we never really ever hear it

Interior Organization
The inside is ok its easy to clean and the drawers are easy to take in and out

Temperature Control
Bad very bad as stated in my previous statement, we turn down the cold side and it still freezes our cheese and fruits and vegetable.
The freezer only freeze if its turned all the way up, what a piece of junk, and how disapointement, we get burend out and finally are able to get a new home with everything new in it in 2010 and what do we get junk absolute junk the fridge is terrible.

It cleans ok, I wish the inside drawers would stick when I take them out to clean, its a real nightmare to get them back in cause they stick so bad.

I guess it holds up ok,its still standing

I love the Design I have always loved side by side door refrigerators.

Good, but the water…

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This refrigerator is an okay size, but the water and filter are not the best. It sais that the filter should be replaced every six months, but after just under three months the replace filter light lit up. And the filters aren't that cheap either. And at random times the water taste odd for a short period of time. Which makes everyone have to drink the sink water which taste way better. And also the ice just falls out when no one is near the fridge. Which was scary the first few times, but we're about used to it by now. Other than the water and filter issue, it is a good fridge.

Noise Level
Does not make noise only the occasional ice machine.

• Temperature Control:

This is a great buy for the price you will pay for this produt.

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I give this product a 10 because it is a great buy has great look to eat overall a great product

Noise Level
Very quiet unit to have in your home or office would recommend this to everyone

Interior Organization
Black goes with everything so it will look good wherever you decided to put it in the kitchen the garage or office kitchen it would look great.

Temperature Control
Can adjust to whatever setting you like so you can make sure that the setting is correct for whatever items you decide to place in this unit

Very easy to clean and keep clean the outside can be just wiped off the inside has shelves that are easy to remove and replace making clean the inside a breeze, this item is something that doesn't need to be wiped down every day it sort of resist stains and dirty wonderful product

Will last for along time and is very durable for the price has a wonderful look to it also

Very nice design for this product I like a lot

Works great

Great overall.

Noise Level
Very quiet. Can barely tell it's running

Interior Organization
Gives you a lot of room to store just about anything you will need

Temperature Control
Love the push button controls for temperature settings.

You are able to remove all shelves and crisper to make for a lot easier clean up.

• Temperature Control:

Best refrigerator I have ever owned.

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

The only problem I have with this refrigerator is the size. For a family of four it is hard to get a lot of meals in there. Then again I like to shop for a month at a time.

Noise Level
The ice maker is a little loud and sometimes startles the kids, but other than that it is really pretty quiet. I have had refrigerators before that have a loud motor. It was so annoying. When we first got this one I kept checking to make sure it was still on.

Interior Organization
It is organized enough considering the amount of space. I especially like the drawers. Everything is easily accessible.

Temperature Control
I have never had a problem with the temperature.

The shelves are a little difficult to get out, but other than that everything comes apart to get a thorough cleaning.

This fridge takes a lot of use. With two little ones the doors are always getting slammed and the handle is always being tugged on. Other than retightening the handle it is great.

I love the way it is set up, but again I say it is a little small.

Black GE Side-by-side

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This is the first side-by-side refrigerator I have owned but have used several. Overall this is the best one I have used. The space is adjustable and very accommodating even with my family of four. The ice maker and purified water has encouraged my kids to drink more water. I have owned this for almost three years now and would not buy any other brand now.

Temperature Control
I love the turbo cool button especially after cleaning out the fridge or putting groceries away.

My kids are rough on the doors and they have been slammed, hung on, kicked etc and they still look the same as the day I bought it.

I love the GE brand

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This GE side-by-side refrigerator is a really good buy. There are a few issues I do have with it. The ice machine is pretty loud when the ice drops. That is not a huge issue. It doesn't happen a lot, but it seems to at all the wrong times. Every time I lay my daughter down for a nap it decides to start dropping ice. Plus it seems to build up calcium around the water tray. It is a little difficult to clean, but again, not a huge issue. Overall, this is a really good refrigerator. I love that the freezer is not on the bottom. I had one like that before and my daughter was constantly opening it. This is so much easier to keep shut from the little ones. I would recommend this refrigerator to anyone. I also love the black. Easy to keep clean.

Noise Level
The refrigerator itself is not loud, but the ice machine is a little loud sometimes.

Interior Organization
Love the side-by-side over the freezer on the bottom. Works better for my family.

Temperature Control
I have had no issues with keeping the cool temperature.

The shelves are so easy to clean.

Love the look.

Great Product.

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Great product. I have owned it for about two years and have had no problems with it. We love the ice maker and water feature which is the main reason we bought it. I love the convience of my children being able to get a cup of ice or help make glasses for dinner, breakfast, lunch etc without any help while I can finish the rest of the meal. If we ever have to buy another this will be our next purchase.

Very quite

Interior Organization
Could be better but from a side by side its expected

• Temperature Control:

Clean water/ice, kkeps cool, does make humming noise sometimes

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

The filter does its job! Both the ice and water is clean and fresh. We replaced it once and we have owned the fridge for 2 years now. The fridge and freezer work great, but when it cools its self down I do hear a humming noise that is annoying if you are near it. Easy accessible drawers for the kids, they pull out to clean easy.

Very Nice Refrigerator

Comments about GE Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I have had this refrigerator for about 10 years now, and it functions very well. There is a lot of space, so storage is convenient. The sections are all made spill-proof plastic so that if liquid substances are spilled, they are easy to clean up. This is only in the refrigerator section, not in the freezer section. The freezer has bars, and is not solid on each level, but that is fine, since most of the time, nothing is spilled due to the fact that all things in the freezer are frozen solid, and there is not much liquid. Sometimes the refrigerator will make sounds, but they are not disturbing, and you get used to them easily.

Noise Level
There are some noises, but these noises are not disturbing, and you can get accustomed to them easily.

Interior Organization
There are many sections, and there is also space on the doors where you can keep things. The bottom layers have sliding cabinets. And the middle layers are also bigger than the ones on top, so you can keep tall things there.

All the sections are spill proof, except the freezer.

Very durable, nothing has broken or cracked before due to pressure.