Other Refrigerators:
Side-by-Side Refrigerators
GE
PSHS9PGZSS
GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Summary

Explore GE Profile Side-by-Side refrigerators Introducing the ideal combination of style and simplicity Contoured doors and an overall modern design create a dramatic look that youll adore for years The UltraFlow64 dispenser quenches your thirst

GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Pros

Cons

Great Refrigerator!

Overall I am happy with this refrigerator. It has a sleek design and looks very nice. I do wish I would have thought twice about getting the side by side design but its not horroble. This is a great refrigerator.

Noise Level
It is very quiet. I never hear it make a sound actually. The only sound that comes from it is if I leave the door open, there is a door alarm, which I love.

Interior Organization
It has removable shelves so that you can decide how you want the inside. It has a nice amount of bins for storage also.

Temperature Control
The temperature control is on the panel on the door. It has a digital display so its very easy to set the temperature.

The shelves and bins are all removable which makes it very easy to clean.

I have had this refrigerator for over 5 years and have not had a problem. I am very happy with it.

We have stainless steel. It is very nice looking. I wish I would have reconsidered getting the side by side design. I do not like that the freezer is very narrow. It is hard to fit some larger items in there due to the size.

Simple and sleek

I recently bought a small farm and this Fridge came with the house. I really liked our previous fridge but agreed to leave it. Moving is a pain without adding appliances into it. Its an ok fridge. I like the simple and sleek design. The inside is spacious, but not a lot of options to change around shelving. Another thing that bothers me is that it's much more difficult to keep clean unlike my prior fridge. Crumbs just fall into nooks and it drives me crazy. The trays aren't as easy to move out for quick clean ups. Another bother is the ice machine is very loud when making ice. It sounds like a space shuttle just landed in my kitchen. It will randomly shoot out ice, just out of no where. Other than that, it's just an ok fridge. If you don't mind loud noises or stepping in random cold wet piles of melted ice, this might be your perfect fridge. I'll keep it and live with it until I find a nicer one on sale.

Simple and sleek

from Marietta, Ohio.

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Energy Efficient

Cons

• Primary use:
      • Personal

Great Refrigerator

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I enjoy it overall. It is a good refrigerator that functions well, has a good ice-maker, stores well, and keeps the food fresh. It has been around for over five years with no signs of breaking down or anything, so hopefully the years to come will be just as good!

Noise Level
      In my opinion, while the ice-maker/water dispenser works well, the ice maker is really loud. I think it would do them good to make the future models without it, because you can hear it from two or three rooms away.

Interior Organization
      There is plenty of space, and I rarely can't fit all of the food in. I use the side for wine/beer, sauces, and small jars such as jam, pickles, or anything else like that. The freezer is really nice, and the bins that come out in the refrigerator part make organization of vegetables and dairy products much easier. I love the interior organization.

Temperature Control
      I can't answer this too well aside from the fact that the temperature has never shut off/been way too cold. You have the power to decide the temperature in the refrigerator, so I can't see how this would become a problem.

It's extremely easy to clean. You can clean it super fast with any type of paper towel, etc.

It has held up without a hitch for about 5 years now. Hopefully the next couple will be good as well - I love the stability of it, because a refrigerator is something that is virtually necessary.

I found the design to be great. It works well for me, so it should keep up the quality for anyone else who decides to use it.

Love it!

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Love this refrigerator. The only down size is the size of the freezer. If we didn't have a stand alone freezer this item doesn't offer enough room to hold an adequate amount of frozen items. We have a household total of 3. It would be difficult for larger families to use this effectively due to size. The refrigerator side has multiple draws and is very well designed. It easy fits all the items that need to be stored. In fact, I find that I often have extra space in the refrigerator portion. It doesn't fit items that are wide. Example being, we purchased a 1/2 sheet cake the day before a birthday party and we would have liked to place it the refrigerator for storage but was unable to. I think that would be a problem with any side by side. We like and use the water/ice feature on the front of the unit. It cuts down on waste of water. My children use it all the time and the water is cold and great taste. We need to learn how to change the filter but have only had it a month so far. Otherwise I absolutely love it.

• Temperature Control:

This is the best refrigerator I have had!

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I love the features and the fact that it has good storage room.

Noise Level
      Sometimes the ice maker can make noise while making ice.

Interior Organization
      The interior of this refrigerator allows for the separation of your vegetables, your deli meats, and has shelves to separate other foods while leaving enough room for milks and other large containers. The interior of the doors also have shelves to help you keep your condiments or other bottled beverages separated without spilling.

Temperature Control
      The temperature control is easy to adjust and you can even speed up the process of the ice making machine when you're having company and need it make quick ice.

With the simple wipe of a wet or damp cloth, you can clean the interior of the refrigerator. For the outside with stainless steel wipes, it looks just like new! Love it!!

I have had this refrigerator new out of the box for 8 years, and it's still in excellent conditions. I think it should last me at least another good 8!

Love the design! This refrigerator exemplifies class in any home. It's neither too huge nor too small. Fits perfectly in any normal sized kitchen.

• Temperature Control:

Noisier than normal, but functions satisfactorily.

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Note that refrigerators with french doors have less square foot capacity (volume) than ones with standard doors. Valuable space is lost due the long dividing wall and the freezer cannot be packed tight. However, one gains accessibility and a light in the freezer. Add-on's are flimsy (ex. tray under water dispenser is plastic chrome and easily stains and there is no egg tray). Also emits significant heat at base (I did not notice air this warm happening for my last refrigerator).

Noise Level
      Hum is noticeable when fan is on.

Interior Organization
      No egg tray was included, but excellent storage capacity provided on door shelves. In addition, shelf locations are easily adjustable. Special holder for soda cans / wine bottle on door.

Temperature Control
      Controls for both refrigeraturer and freeze temperatures are digital, easy to read, easy to set, and on the exterior

Both shelves and drawers remove easily to clean.

Have not had it long enough to determine this.

• Temperature Control:

It is a great product. It is one I would recommend to anyone.

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I have had this refrigerator for two years and I have not had any problems with it. I love this refrigerator. It is a refrigerator I would recommend to anyone that is looking for a new refrigerator.

Noise Level
      The refrigerator does not make very much noise. The only noise I hear is when more ice is being made or I can hear the water.

Interior Organization
      I wish there was more room in the refrigerator. When I have 4 gallons of milk plus other drinks in my refrigerator there isn't much room to put much else in it.

Temperature Control
      I have not any problems with the temperature of my refrigerator. The refrigerator and also the freezer part of the refrigerator stays cold like it such.

The refrigerator is very easy to clean. The only thing is the outside of my refrigerator always seems to get fingerprint on it.

Overall this refrigerator is very durability in everyday cleaning and keeping the food cold.

I love the design of this refrigerator. I would like if it did have a little more space to store stuff in the refrigerator.

The GE side-by-side Refrigerator

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

It really is the best fridge I have ever owned I recomend to everyone to check this one out and take full advantage of the price and overall value a must see.The web site is the first place to start very easy to navigate and understand.

Noise Level
      This fridge is so quite I check the plug all the time to see if it has been unpluged, there is completely no noise.

Interior Organization
      Different design than any other fridge there is a place for everthing and the sizes of the shelfs are the best feature of all.

Temperature Control
      Ease of access overall sleek in design,the controls are not hidden like on other fridges you actually can control the temp.It really is a plus for me.

Every shelf slides and the drawers slide too. I do not have to take the fridge apart to clean which is a thumbs up for me and my family.My children can clean this one.

With my family it has and does stand up to a beating my children can be rough on appliances they sometimes slam the door or throw items in the door.Durable in every way.

My children have easy access with this design because everything slides. The fridge is great for the kids because of the lower shelf.
      I would recomend if you have kids to check this one out.

• Temperature Control:

I love this stainless steel side by side refrigerator!

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This refrigerator is wonderful! It keeps things acclimated at just the right temperature. The light on the front helps wonders if you get up in the middle of the night to go into the kitchen. The water tastes fresh and cold and the ice maker spits out either regular ice or ice chips (which i love). The outside is easy to clean also.

Noise Level
      The only noise that comes from the refrigerator is the ice maker sometimes late at night. Other than that you never even notice the refrigerator running.

Interior Organization
      Shelving is spaced perfectly and side shelves hold alot more than expected. The white shelving makes it seem cleaner and more organized. The crisper and bottom drawer pull out and are clear so that you can see what is in there.

Temperature Control
      Keeps everything at perfect temperature. Never overheats or wavers in degrees. Sometimes the ice maker does get clogged but you just have to break the ice up to correct it.

Does not streak like others. It does not smear or streak like most stainless steel appliances and the inside just needs a wiping every now and then.

It is new and so far has done great even moving into the house. Our door is slightly narrow and it came through without a scratch.

Sleek, simple and pretty. Not to big and clunky yet not to small to look out of place.

• Temperature Control:

good value but space is limited.

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This refrigerator is great. I love the water and ice dispenser. A great feature is the door alarm. If the door is left open it starts beeping when the alarm is turned on. My only issue is the width of the fridge and freezer is too small due to the side by side setup. I have to take frozen pizza out of the box to fit in the freezer. It is very quiet. You only hear the ice maker when the ice drops. It has a quick ice feature for when you have company. I love the product itself. In the future I want the same brand in a 3 door. I need the extra width space for better organization. It does have great door organization. It's great that I can move the door shelves. The interior shelves are supposed to move but I couldn't figure out the lock on one of them. I like that the freezer has a pull out drawer at the bottom. I only wish it was a full drawer that is closed for my meat but at least or is separate.

Noise Level
      The only noise I hear is the ice maker.

Interior Organization
      The door shelves move great but I can't figure out the shelf lock on the interior shelf.

Great Refrigerator!

Temperature Control

The shelves and bins are all removable which makes it very easy to clean.