Other Refrigerators:
GE
PSCS3RGXSS
GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator

GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Pros

• Attractive (3)
  • Customizable shelving (3)
  • Easy access (3)
  • Energy efficient (3)
  • Quiet (3)

• Small kitchens (3)
    • Personal (3)

A great side by side refrigerator

I really like my GE Profile refrigerator, especially its easy to clean stainless steel look. The side by side freezer and refrigerator are both very roomy. I never have any problems fitting my weekly shopping that needs freezing or refrigeration into this appliance, and I shop for a family of six. The water dispensing feature is great. The water is always cool and refreshing. The filters for the filtration system are a little costly, but worth the price for the convenience this feature provides. My four year old daughter is able to fill her own glass using the water dispenser. The ice maker is very effective and does not take an excessively long time to make plenty of ice. The storage drawers at the bottom of the refrigerator hold plenty of fruit and vegetables. Temperature control is excellent and I have never had a problem with food spoilage since buying this refrigerator. GE really does make dependable appliances of very high quality. I recommend this refrigerator.

Will not buy another GE Profile Refrigerator due to ice problems

We have a GE Profile side-by-side refrigerator and for the most part I love it. So many shelves and drawers I also love the beverage center to make what ever is in there cool fast. I adore the touch screen display for settings and features. The precise measuring of water for recipes is a feature I use most every day. There are a Lot of good things about this refrigerator but the main issue that I have is the ice maker in the freezer section. The essmbly is to heavy for the few screws holding it in and it has broken due to the weight. Prior to it actually breaking, the ice when crushed or in cubes would jam up and not come out. I had to constantly be taking the ice compartment out of its holder (the holder is that part that broke) and it is chewing the back of the container up every time you push the button to get ice out. Would I reccomend this refrigerator...ONLY if some thing was done to make the ice compartment more secure. The refrigerator side works perfectly and the freezer keeps everything perfectly cold...but the ice section...FOR GET ABOUT IT!!! Oh and I forgot to mention that my refrigerator is not even 3 years old...so, do I call some one to come and fix the entire ice section or buy a new frig?

Noise Level
Very quiet while it is running...you dont know it is on.

Interior Organization
A Lot of shelves and drawers...plenty of space.

Temperature Control
It stays at the correct temp. all of the time and has an easy touch screen display to change your settings if you wish.

It is easy to clean on the inside but with the product being stainless steel on the outside....it shows every finger print or smudge.

Not even three years old and the freezer ice maker has broken...its a heavy plastic part that is screwed to the sides of the freezer and the small piece of plastic where it attatches, just broke...due to the fact that it is to thin to support the weight...so it is being propped up with food packages to keep it into place.

Amazing

from Nj

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet

• Big Families
    • Large Kitchens
    • Office Fridge

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This refrigerator works so well. It keeps everything nice and cold. It is very quiet. The design is very nice. Plenty of room .

OK

from Las Vegas, NV

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Customizable Shelving
    • Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Quiet
    • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
    • Unreliable

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Everything works well but the ice maker gets stuck and the water freezes and wont come out. Other than that its a very good refrigerator.

• Personal

This is a stylish and wonderful refrigerator

from milford pa

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
    • Customizable Shelving
    • Easy Access
    • Energy Efficient
    • Holds Temperature Well
    • Quiet

• Large Kitchens

This is a very roomy refrigerator. Beautifully designed. Updated look

• Personal

Great features at a very good price!

from Naples, FL

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This refrigerator/freezer is better than I ever expected! One of the nicest things is that it does hold a lot but does not take up a lot of space or appear "huge." I never thought that I would use all of the freezer space; however, now that I have the extra space, it comes in handy when I want to buy in bulk! We have never had any issues with the temp being too hot or cold, no matter how crammed or empty the units are. Replacing the water filter is just a bit tricky but not difficult. Overall we just love this appliance!

Very good purchase

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I really like this fridge. I like the fact that it has a built in filter and you don't need to buy any of the extra pitchers or water purifiers. You can just go to the fridge and get ice in a cup and pour water! It's amazing! Also love the fact that everything is very organized and now I have tons of space for extra groceries. There is practically no noise coming from the fridge and I enjoy that. My old one sounded like a car from the 60s. As I said already the organization inside makes it easier for me. I like that I can now store my vegetables and fruits celebrate and everything seams to have its place. The temperature control is really cool and I never have to worry about anything going bad. One of the best things about this fridge Is cleaning it. It is so easy! It takes me literally takes me 15 minutes. I'm really busy and saving time is always a plus. I also really like how it looks.

Great frig

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

We love this frig! The built in water filter and accessibility to water and ice is great. It fits everything we need too. And it's been easy to clean and move things around in it.
      Especially like how the shelves in the door easily remove for cleaning. Not noisy, no issues and is nice looking in our kitchen. It matches well with other appliances and looks clean and crisp. Really like the filter in it too - we dont like unfiltered water and this filter seems to get most of the gunk out.

Noise Level
      Never noticed any noise so it's been great.

Interior Organization
      Easy to clean and find stuff. Easy to pull out shelving.

We havent had it for very long (6 months) but so far it hasn't had any issues and is working perfectly.

Love the double doors instead of a top/bottom type of frig. Makes it way easier to get stuff out of the freezer however it does limit the width. This fits all of our wide items but we don't have huge pans or platters for entertaining.

• Temperature Control:

Overall a good refrigerator for the money

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This side by side gives you lots of room, a stylish look and overall quiet efficiency. The interior offers spacious drawers and door shelves allowing you easy access to all your cooled groceries. It is also easy to move to clean under.

Noise Level
      The refrigerator is very quiet. The only noise comes from the production of icecubes if they are dropping in an empty ice bin or when you are using the water or ice dispenser on the freezer door.

Interior Organization
      Very spacious. Lots of convenient drawers and shelving for easy organization of all your items. The drawers are also equipped with humidity control sensors to give longevity to your fruits and vegetables.

Temperature Control
      The refrigerator keeps a very even temperature and cools efficiently. The only issue I have ever had with the cooling is if I fill the freezer to much and it blocks the intake and outflow of air and then I have had some minor issues until the items are reorganized.

Very easy to take apart and clean. The stainless steel does not show a lot of fingerprints and is easy to get the just of out the showroom look. The drawers and shelves come out easily for cleaning. I have been very happy with how easy this refrigerator is to clean.

Overall this refrigerator seems very durable. I have had three issues with this refrigerator. One the ice dispenser broke off one of its spines and the part is expensive to replace so we have had to use it as it. Two, I broke off part of the front of one of the drawers as I was taking it apart to clean. Part of this was my fault as I was hurrying and was not being as gentle as I should have been when handling the pieces. Finally, the thermostat went out and I had to replace it. Overall it was a very easy and inexpensive fix and since the refrigerator has several years on it I do not think it is unreasonable.

Wish the freezer was a tad bigger but overall I have been very pleased with the design.

• Temperature Control:

Overall good but with issues.

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Our GE refrigerator has given us issues since the moment we brought it home. From the beginning we notices our doors would not remain shut and the store would not take it back. We have to be careful every time we close one side to ensure the other is still closed or we find a partially defrosted freezer or warm cooler side every time. Then, on top of that, our ice maker keeps freezing up in the line (located inside freezer door) so half the time we don't have water. Possibly this could be corrected if we could get the doors to work properly. Very frustrating for us but it looks nice in our kitchen; not that looks count for much when our unit is a hassle. We will replace as soon as we can afford too so if purchasing one be sure to check the seal on the doors by opening one side and then the other.

Noise Level
      We rarely hear anything but the ice dropping or the water refilling the trays.

Temperature Control
      It is hard for us to keep this accurate as we constantly find one of our doors not completely closed.

Too Cold easy fix

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This is a great fridge,we have had ours since we moved into our new home in 2006. The fridge has not had any issues that couldn't be fixed except sometimes the fridge gets too cold and freezes. This made us have to put a fan into the freezer take out all our food and unthaw it. It was caused by an issue with the ice maker. We went to get another part for the freezer and since then it has worked amazing. These need to be cleaned with a special stainless steel wipes for a great shine and no fingerprints. The fridge looks great and is an excellent addition to any stainless themed kitchen. The buyer does need to beware of the temperature control problem as it could freeze up and not work properly. Luckily,it is an easy fix. It doesn't have a noise problem and cannot be heard unless the door is open.

Noise Level
      There are some slight humming sounds it makes when making ice

Interior Organization
      Deep shelves and door pockets.

Sometimes gets too cold.

Shelves come out in the fridge part for easy cleaning.

• Temperature Control:

An excellent option for your entire family

Comments about GE Profile Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I recently purchased this refrigerator and I really love it. At first it looks small but is a lot bigger than it looks. I love the differents drawers. Especially the delights, it have a direct cooling duct that comes from the freezer, it keeps the meats fresh a longer time. Also the vegetable/fruit drawer keeps all fresh. The installation is very easy; everyone can do it, no mess. Worth every penny I paid for it. General Electric (GE) is a brand you can count, so far, no problem, working perfectly. I really love the automatic ice maker. It has different options for the ice, you can choose between cubed or crushed. Also, you can control the refrigerator’s temperature or freezer temperature by just pressing a button. If you have a medium family, this GE Refrigerator is the best option for you and your family. I believe you can find it several department stores at an excellent price.

Noise Level
      Not noise at all, I hardly listen it.

Spacefull.

Easy to manage.

I love his design and his color.