3.5

3.5

GE WPDH8900J: Great! Just a few quirks though

from Greenville, SC

Comments about GE Profile Front Load Washer WPDH8900J:

This machine works very well... I love all of the features, stain removal options, and delayed start. I've had it for 1.5 years and no major problems so far!! A few small quirks... Sometimes I'll press start and it won't start. Doing it a second time does the trick though. Also, twice it didn't spin the water out as well as it should have. Another thing... One of my colleagues has the same washer and said that the rubber hose around the door disintegrates over time if you close the door immediately after washing. Therefore, I leave the door open for a day after doing laundry while the door dries. I close the next day and this has worked well for me. Also, I have the red machine and it's beautiful!! Sleek and matches my decor. :)

The GE Profile front loader is not worth the money.

from Salem, NH

Comments about GE Profile Front Load Washer WPDH8900J:

I hate this machine! Two months after I bought it I was in the basement while it was spinning a load of 14 pairs of jeans. I smelled rubber burning. When the cycle stopped I opened the door and the jeans were soaking wet. I ran a spin only cycle and they were still soaking wet. The specialty cycles did not spin at all. When the service guy came I told him I smelled rubber burning, he ran a test spin of the empty machine, naturally it spun great IT WAS EMPTY! When I told him it did not spin towels and jeans properly he changed the subject and told me I was using the wrong detergent! I showed him that even the Woolite I bought had the HE seal. He never opened the machine to check the belt. This same scenerio repeated itself two more times in the next four months with two other repair men. In the past two years I have ruined more cloths with this machine than I can count. I have to do half the size loads than advertised for this machine. I sometimes have to run two cycles to get heavy items to spin properly. I would never buy another GE appliance!

GE Profile Front-Loader: A perfect first-washer

from Tuscaloosa, AL

Comments about GE Profile Front Load Washer WPDH8900J:

When it was time to purchase our first home, we did our research about the appliances and electronics we wanted to install! We were able to purchase this washer for about 50 percent off the retail price, which makes me love it even more!

The only  negative things I can say about it are that (1) it is very large. We're lucky it fit in our washer/dryer nook/room at the new house! (2) You do have to be careful and let the washer air out since the seal is airtight and it can smell mildewy if you don't let it air out. I find that to be a small price to pay though!

I can fit almost twice the amount of stuff in the washer and dryer than I used to be able to. It's great for getting things done, and I love the number of settings it has, especially "express wash" and "handwash" because they just save me so much time! I highly recommend this washer. We've loved ours so very much and it's really a great investment!

GE all in one washer and dryer "good idea "

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about GE Profile Front Load Washer WPDH8900J:

Now seeing a all in one washer and dryer was the best idea thought of. This is great for people who live in small house or even apartments or just really don't have the room for a washer and a dryer to them it probaly have either or and that would not be fair at all now would it? So if you are this person i described well i guess this product would be the best for you.