Other Microwave Ovens:

GE Profile 1.7 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven

Pros

Cons

Unexpectedly thrilled !

I bought this because it matched the new double oven range I was intending to put in my new kitchen.  Convection ovens were not a big deal to me, and I chose to not have that in my new range ... BUT having a convection oven in the microwave space is a whole different thing!   I never would have imagined I would use it at all -- let alone ALL THE TIME.  I use it to bake cookies, cakes, reheat leftovers, etc -- anything that will fit and not splatter (it is not self cleaning, and also would be impossible to really clean easily).  An extra oven always comes in handy, and it really IS an extra oven!  What's more, it is really, really easy to use and intuitive as well.  The one touch sensor buttons, with the dial, are by far the easiest setup I have ever had!  You will love this microwave/convection/combo oven -- just like everyone else who has it.  I had had mine only two months, and I have the white -- and vented outside.  The fan has a good draw.  Another nice, unexpected, nice feature is the night lite function of the light.  I set it to go on at 7PM and off at 6AM.  Always a night lite in the kitchen at night now.  Perfect.

After 2 1/2 years, no power, no light -- won't function.

We purchased our microwave in 2007.  It was manufactured in 2007 per the label inside the door.  We use the microwave for very simple tasks:  reheating foods, heating syrup, popping popcorn -- so it it not used daily.  On 3/24/2010, I opened the door to use the microwave and the light wasn't working.  On further inspection, the clock wasn't on nor would the control panel work.  It was totally dead.  We reset the breaker box and still no power.  We removed the microwave from the wall and tried it in another working outlet, still not working.  From what I have read, it could be a fuse or a problem with the panel itself.  It seems awfully soon to have this type of problem in a product manufactured in 2007 and used on an every other day or so basis once a day.  The owner's manual is no help in solving the problem and I'm not sure that a service call is worth the expense since repair could be costly.

Please don't buy this product… you are going to regret it.

Comments about GE Profile 1.7 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

I bought it April 2012, this microwave has been a headache for me. Until now, the handle broke off twice and the handle was peeling… and the fuze went off and on. I have bought extended warranty and they are telling me that those doesn't cover… So I had to order the part and had to pay for service to fix them twice. Must say I regret buying this piece of crab.

Performance is okay but fuze goes off sometimes.

Handle, Handle, Handle…. not made of stainless. made of plastic covered with aluminum foil like. The handle cannot support the regular uses.

Would not recommend

Comments about GE Profile 1.7 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

I am under impressed with this item considering the price I paid. It has wonderful features including convection heating. However, within 2 month the handle began to melt! According to GE guy he has replaced 100s of doors to rectify this issue. We had to get ours replaced and in order t do so we had to take the microwave down and then re mount it ourselves which was a real pain.

I have had no issues with the operation of the item. I used the bake feature recently and that also worked. The defrost option does not seem to be great

Settings/Features
It is clear how to use the oven and the settings are not complicated

I have had no real issues with cleaning the inside or outside.

It is not difficult to operate

Although the interior and operations are fine the door handle essentially melted in a 2 month period. Apparently the handle as not heat resistant even though it is an over the range microwave! GE replaced the door at a great inconvenience and I am hopeful that the new handle ill be fine.

It is pleasant to look at

Ge profile review

Comments about GE Profile 1.7 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

Works great. I love it. Easily converts from microwave to convection oven. Very nice for those days when you have company for dinner and run out of oven space. Also nice in the summer when you don't want to use the oven to keep the heat factor lower. Nice for single small meals and snacks.

Works well as microwave and a convection oven. Easy to convert from microwave to convection oven. Excellent convection oven. Bakes desserts and roasts meats easily. I was amazed at how much room is in the convection oven. Big enough to roast a small turkey and easy to clean up.

Settings/Features
Easy to set. I love the easy buttons for popcorn. You place your popcorn in the microwave and with one touch you get a perfect bowl of popcorn. I use the reheat button and the instant 30 second button daily and it makes life so much easier than punching buttons for the heat cycle and then the time. I just love these individual buttons.

Wipes down easily. Spills come off very easily with a wipe. The revolving platter comes out easily and is easily cleaned and the oven racks come out easily to clean.

Very easy to use. I find very simple. The buttons on the front are well marked and make it simple to use

Everything works well. Both the plate and the oven racks which are the only removable pieces are very easy to remove and are very durable.

Wonderful sleek look. I bought the black finish and love the design. It fits in my kitchen very well with the rest of my appliances. I just love the way it looks

• Settings/Features:

I recently purchased this microwave and am happy so far.

Comments about GE Profile 1.7 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

We replaced our old microwave with the GE Profile 1.7 cubic foot over-the range microwave oven. The stainless steel with gray accent colors match my other appliances and looks great in the kitchen. I would recommend this product to family and friends.

The microwave cooks food evenly. It handles large items and is relatively quiet.

Settings/Features
The pre-selected settings saves a tremendous amount of time. It warms up a dinner plate, melts/soften butter, pop popcorn, bake a potato or cook veggies with one touch buttons. The auto defrost feature works great. Simple to use. The top rack allows me to heat up dinner plates for my husband and I (one plate on top and one plate on bottom).

Very easy to clean. Wipes down without leaving streaks.

My eight year old grandson knows which pre-set button to use when making pizza or popping pop corn. Very easy to use.

Well made.

Sleek design and great looking appliance.

• Settings/Features:

Good Quality for its Price!

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about GE Profile 1.7 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

As far as microwaves go, I feel that this particular one has functioned the best so far. Whereas others obviously feel cheap and look cheap, this model does not. It looks sophisticated and stylish, and therefore blends in great with the kitchen overall. I have yet to experience a dissatisfying instance when using this to cook food. In particular, I find the various function buttons to be quite useful. The automatic sensor option perfect reheats my food. I have had no problems with the outcome of using any one of the multi-function buttons provided. Some microwave brands in the past have presented the problem of not producing evenly distributed hot food; however this one does not maintain this issue at all. As it is a very high powered microwave, and has a revolving plate, food is guaranteed to be fresh and satisfying every time. Therefore, I do recommend investing in this product. The price is certainly worth it.

• Settings/Features:

I use this microwave almost daily and it is of good quality

Comments about GE Profile 1.7 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

It is a very good microwave

It seems to work very well

Settings/Features
It has the settings I need and want to use

very easy to wipe clean/wash

controls are easy to understand and use.

I had this microwave for 10 years and it is still working fine

the design is sleek, looks good

• Settings/Features:

Good and easy to use microwave

Comments about GE Profile 1.7 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

I like this microwave because it is dependable and easy to use. I cook most of the food in a microwave when I am cooking for myself or when I am in a hurry. This microwave is nice because it is dependable. Once you learn how quickly food cooks in this microwave, you can depend on it to cook the same way every time.

Settings/Features
I don't use the specific food settings; I just use the highest setting and estimate time based on what I'm cooking.

This microwave is easy to clean with a wet paper towel or sponge and cleaner. The plate is also easy to clean food off of. The front of the microwave also wipes down pretty easily.

Easy to enter the cook time and power and start cooking very quickly.

This microwave is on par with other microwaves in terms of durability; there is not much that can go wrong either inside or outside so long as you keep the inside and outside clean.

The microwave looks modern with the stainless steel front and compact buttons.

My favorite appliance

from East Meadow, NY

Comments about GE Profile 1.7 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

I use this appliance every day. I could not live without it. not only is it a microwave but also a confection oven. I love making roasted chicken in it. always comes out moist and delicious! simple to use, even my kids love it. they like making their popcorn and snacks in it. I have highly recommended the microwave to my friends and family. one of my friends actually purchased it and loves it as well. she loves the ease of use and the versatility of the oven. the convention feature is great and cooks dinner in record time, uses less electricity and everything comes out perfect. I also bought a convection oven cookbook that has some wonderful recipes to try in this appliance so now I can make a different dish every night! My husband couldn't be happier either since now we cook home more often instead of going out to eat so we are saving money as well and eating healthier.

easy to use

so far no problems

sleek looking and fits in with my decor

• Settings/Features:

Nothing to write home about

from Amherst, NH

Comments about GE Profile 1.7 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

I really bought this because it looks great with the other appliances in my kitchen. The capacity is pretty standard, and the features are useful. After a year of regular but light usage, it's still working nicely. I'm not a fan of microwave cooking except for steaming and parboiling vegetables. In summer time, this definitely gets put to the test.

I've been happy with the speed of cooking and with the even distribution of heat throughout cooked items.

Settings/Features
Like any new kitchen appliance, this has features just because the engineers can add them. I sometimes play with the language function just to make my husband smile.

Checking it after every usage means it's simple to keep it clean. I've worked too long among office nerds to let my home microwave get like an office one.

Even my grandmother could use it.

I'll see how it works in a few years.

It's sleek and goes well in a stainless kitchen.

GE Profile

from Plainfield, IL

Comments about GE Profile 1.7 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range Microwave Oven:

This microwave works well but may not be the microwave that you want if you have teenagers that cook all through the night. There has to be something with the part below the glass tray that breaks easily when it is used a lot. You should probably consider a sturdy microwave if popcorn and hot pockets are made constantly.