2.8

2.8

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

8 yrs & no repairs needed - An Excellent Dishwasher!!

I have had my GE Nautilus Dishwasher for over 8 years now.  It has never broken down and needed any repairs whatsoever.  This Dishwasher has done an excellent job.  Now that I am updating my kitchen, I've chosen to go with all GE appliances, including the new GE Profile with SmartDispense technology.  I considered switching to another brand, but I just don't want to take the chance.  I know how well GE works and the fact that I have never had any problems with it; which I can not say about any other brand.   In the past I've had Kenmore ... nothing but problems with every appliance, requiring a live-in repair man.  So, I will stick with GE and would recommend the GE Nautilus.

Loud and leaves specks of food on glasses

I wish we'd never gotten this GE Nautilus dishwasher.  It never worked well and sounds like a 747 landing in the kitchen when it runs.  Its so loud I can't run it at night without keeping people up!  Also, from the get go it has left small food particles and black specks on the glasses washed on the top rack.  I find myself re-rinsing them after they've come out of the dishwasher which basically defeats the purpose!  I would never recommend this dishwasher to anyone and have just ordered a new one to replace it.  What a waste.

decent dishwasher

from San Juan, Puerto Rico

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Simple Controls
  • washes my hamsters

Cons

• Awkward Loading

• hamster bath

Comments about GE Nautilus Built-in Dishwasher:

If you're looking for a good dishwasher for cleaning your hamsters, this is the one to go with. I gave little jeffy a bath in it last night and he came out so clean and happy, 10/10 would buy again.

Not Recommended

Comments about GE Nautilus Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher came with our new house. It has never washed dishes well. After less than 5 years the baskets started rusting and falling apart, even the plastic screen rotted out. Not a good product, would not recommend.

Noisy

Leaves spots on dishes. Does not clean well.

Never worked well, but only lasted about 2 years.

Doesn't Clean Great

from Herndon, VA

Comments about GE Nautilus Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher came with my condominium which I purchased in 2007. It also comes in a stainless steel design.
It's easy to use, and durable, since it has not broken once since 2007 (almost 7 years now.) I've only had one major issue, when it was about a year old. I ran the dishwasher, and later found the kitchen floor flooded with water. It fixed itself, and has never done that again. So, seven years later, it still works.

The biggest problem is that it doesn't always clean completely. It does okay with glasses, they come out looking clean and shiny. It does not clean plates, silverware, and pots and pans as well. I definitely need to clean dishes well and make sure to remove any caked on food very well before loading; the dishwasher doesn't remove caked on food well at all. It also doesn't remove thick foods like smoothie or gravy residue well from glasses or bowls.

It's basically an average functioning dishwasher. It's a bit too noisy for my liking too. My condo is small, so when I run this dishwasher, I have to increase the volume on the TV.

It also takes forever for the heated dryer to complete.

In summary, I'll keep it until it breaks, it cleans okay, and is durable. Once it breaks, I'll probably splurge for a more high tech and supercharged model.

Loading Flexibility
I do like the sunken rack for tall glasses.

• Loading Flexibility:

Sturdy Machine, Goes the distance!

Comments about GE Nautilus Built-in Dishwasher:

I'm so impressed with this dishwasher! I wanted a basic, no frills design and this machine does everything I need it to without having to navigate bells & whistles. The size easily accommodates my pots and pans as well as dishes and utensils from our meals. I do rinse first, just from habit, but my son will throw anything in there and the results are pretty much equal - at least I can't tell when I open the washer if the contents were pre-washed or not.

I've used both powdered detergent and the detergent pods with equal results. You have to be careful not to overload the powder or let the edge of the pod overlap the soap dispenser or the lid won't open and you'll find a glop of detergent in the dispenser. I do use the rinse agent well which is so much easier than the hanging basket type. The lid of the rinse agent dispenser makes it very easy to tell when you need more. Plus, it holds enough so that I'm only refilling it every few months.

• Loading Flexibility:

Spend more up front to save a headache

from New York, NY

Comments about GE Nautilus Built-in Dishwasher:

I really dislike this dishwasher. I usually like to use natural cleaning products and assumed that was my problem, but after trying every product out there I think it's fair to say this dishwasher just isn't any good. I don't just rinse the dishes before I out them in the dishwasher, I have to make sure there is NOTHING on the dishes before I put them in the dishwasher. I feel like I run the dishwasher purely to sanitize and dry the dishes. I also noticed that the little dirt trap on the bottom needs to be cleaned constantly. At time, I have opened the dishwasher to see food particles still all over the bottom of the dishwasher. Other time, the particles have been on dishes or cups that didn't previously have any. It's really pretty gross. But I guess you get what you pay for. It is also extremely loud so don't plan on talking or watching tv if you live in a small space. If I could do it all over again, I would spend a little more money, read a few more reviews, and get a better dishwasher!

Very noisy

• Loading Flexibility:

Eh...if i had over to do...

Comments about GE Nautilus Built-in Dishwasher:

It's a dishwasher. It isn't the amazing dishwasher...it's a rather small dishwasher. I went into the store thinking all dishwashers are basically the same and that we many not have room for a large dishwasher. If I do it over, I would have read reviews and researched different types and brands to determine the one for us. This is way to small, I can barely fit some of the dishes. This dishwasher says "quiet" something on it but it really isn't very quiet at all. It's crazy to think that there are dishwashers that are louder than this if this is considered QUIET. Ha! Funny. Anyway we got it in black, looks good, matches the fridge so that's a plus. I'm thinking I need to call GE or whomever they contracted to fix the dishwasher because it makes this strange grinding noise at the beginning of the cycle. I wash my dishes before loading because on occasion, it doesn't get stuff that's stuck on off. I guess that makes me the pre-dishwasher.

Heated Dry, Goodbye

Comments about GE Nautilus Built-in Dishwasher:

Anything taller than a normal glass (so wine glasses and larger cups like the kind you get from Newk's), and pretty much any kind of bowl or anything you would normally put on the top rack, can't really go on the top rack. There's no safe way to put wine glasses in the bottom, and the layout of the bottom is just a poor design and makes it difficult to load the dishwasher to it's full capacity. What does this mean? A lot of plastic things that would normally be fine on a heated dry on the top rack but now have to go on the bottom rack. THAT means you can't use heated dry, so you have to let everything air dry. Not usually a big deal with most dishwashers, but for whatever reason, even 3 days after the cycle has run, everything is still wet. Basically, if I could make my apartment complex get me a new dishwasher, I would.

Noise Level
It's pretty quiet, which is surprising in a pleasant way.

Cleaning Time
While it doesn't take long for the cycle to run, it takes about a year for things to dry.

Loading Flexibility
TOP RACK NEEDS TO BE BIGGER.

I mean it does what it needs to do.

TOP. RACK. NEEDS. TO. BE. BIGGER.

Haven't had any problems with it in the 2 years it's existed in my life.

Great dishwasher

from Taylors, SC

Comments about GE Nautilus Built-in Dishwasher:

We have been using this dishwasher for 3 years now and we really like it. It's pretty quiet when running and our dishes almost always come out sparkly clean. We just recently started having one problem where the cap to the container that holds the dish soap doesn't open so the dishes only get washed with water. Usually if we run it again it will open the 2nd time. It's a bit frustrating but thankfully it only happens every couple of weeks or so. This dishwasher is easy to use and you can customize your wash according to your needs with the different button options. We always run ours on normal wash. But you do have the option for "pots and pans" etc. Would recommend this to a friend.

• Loading Flexibility:

Better than another model in the GE lineup

from Tampa, FL

Comments about GE Nautilus Built-in Dishwasher:

We just moved into a place with a GE Nautilus installed in it. We were previously using a GE Spacemaker and I have to say, I like the Nautilus better. This townhouse is fairly new, only a couple of previous tenants to my knowledge, so this dishwasher is not that old yet. The pots and pans cycle on the Spacemaker just lengthened the cycle, but the one on the Nautilus actually cleans burnt food off pans. I wish the pod holder would open all the way during a cycle instead of just half way, which has forced me to be careful what types of detergent I put in there, but in most respects this performs better than the Spacemaker and I'm pretty happy with it.

Noise Level
As noisy dish cycles go, this one is not that bad.

Cleaning Time
There is a quick wash cycle on this model, although I do not often avail myself of it.

Loading Flexibility
It's a bit of a tight squeeze, but I like the bowl rack on the top shelf on the Nautilus a good deal better than the one on the Spacemaker. It can stack bowls without them blocking each bowl but the front one from the jets, and it leaves more room for long handled utensils on the side racks. I do wish that there were more clearance on bottom for large pots and to put long handled serving spoons in the flatware basket.

We haven't been having the stuck on food problem with the Nautilus that we used to have with the Spacemaker. With the Spacemaker, prewashing was a necessity, and the dishwasher cycle was just the last step to ensure it got rinsed with water hot enough to sterilize the dishes. The Nautilus performs better in most respects.

The Nautilus fits just fine into a small kitchen. The controls are easy to use. The pod holder doesn't always open all the way during a cycle I've learned, so point off for that.

Time will be the true test, but so far so good.

• Loading Flexibility:

It doesn't really wash my dishes, it only sanitizes, partially.

from Provo, UT

Comments about GE Nautilus Built-in Dishwasher:

This dishwasher does not work well with hard water, I have had to buy another product to aid in cleaning in addition to the most expensive dish detergent, and even then it doesn"t really clean. I have to hand scrub everything before I put it in there, so I don't really rely on it to clean anymore, even silverware that I wash before I put it in, occasionally I don't get everything off, and the dishwasher still won't clean those.

Noise Level
It's not very noisy, but I don't really notice it.

Cleaning Time
It cycles in a fairly decent amount of time.

Loading Flexibility
The two racks make it easy to load and unload, and the silverware container is removable.

LIke my review said, it doesn't get my dishes clean, I mostly still use this just to sanitize my dishes, rather than removing food.

It is the typical built in dishwasher design.

We have tried to repair this to see if there was a problem for why it wouldm't clean, but they said it was in perfect working order-it just doesn't clean!