Other Microwave Ovens:
GE
JES1460DSWW
GE Microwave Oven

Summary

14 cu ft Capacity Countertop Microwave Sensor Cooking Controls Weight and Time Defrost Glass Turntable Electronic Digital Display with

Ge Microwave

This microwave worked well for us for many years. We just recently had to replace it because it was starting to spark when it was running. Up until then we haven't had any trouble with it and it worked great. Performance This microwave performed well for us and we never had any problems with it. It was a good size for our family. Settings/Features I liked the quick cook settings on this microwave. It was very easy to use and quick to find the right buttons. Ease of Cleaning This microwave was very easy to clean. I just wiped it down with a damp cloth when needed and for more stubborn messes I heated water to create steam and then wiped out the mess. it was very easy to clean. Ease of Use This microwave was very easy to use. The buttons were easy to find and the settings were easy to use. Durability This microwave held up well for us and we never had any problems with it. Design The design was very simple and easy to use. It was basic but yet had all the buttons on that made it very convenient to use.

Good Microwave for the price

For the money spent, this is a good quality microwave that can last for several years. Ours is mounted under the vent hood with a seperate venting kit and fits well, works well and looks good. It does have an issue with the turntable track jumping and bumping if ANYTHING gets on a wheel but past that, it's pretty good. Performance It does exactly what I need it to do...warm/cook my food. It's quick, easy and ready when I am. Settings/Features I do love how the buttons are set on this particular model. They "make sense" to me in their arrangement. I also love the timer settings and can leave an item in overnight and have it ready in the morning. That is convenient. Ease of Cleaning This is more my fault with it being mounted higher but it is a bit more difficult to clean it. Ease of Use Very easy to use microwave. It's user friendly and when friends come to visit, I don't have to explain how to use it. It's self explanatory. Durability The last one we had lasted 12 years and finally died so we expect the same out of this one and for the price, it's perfect. Design We love the mounted under the vent availabily of this model.

Whitewright, TX

A good replacement model

Our previous model blew up a few months ago--this is a nice replacement model. We specifically got it in black to hide all the dirt marks that our previous white model used to show very easily. It's the same size as our other one and fits the corner spot perfectly. Controls are easy to use and easy to learn. Performance It's been working fine. We seem to get more even heating with this unit than in prior ones. Maybe some new technology was used. It heats like a full sized model--we use the heat settings that are on most microwaveable items for a full strength unit and cooking times are perfect. Settings/Features Easy to use. Easy to see and find. You can set the heat levels as well as time. There are presets to use that work very well for us. Times on the presets seem to be very accurate. Ease of Cleaning Definitely go with black next time you're getting a microwave. It really hides finger prints and stains much better than white units do. Easy to white off outside and inside. Not too many nooks or crannies to get into. Anything that needs to be removed to be cleaned easily comes out. Durability We hope it lasts a long time. Design Smooth, sleek finish.

GE Microwave Oven

I absolutely love this microwave! It is a nice size to sit very well on my counter top. The design is basic but sleek. The push button to open the door works without difficulties. The door opens easily and closes with no trouble. The turntable works quietly and efficiently. The interior has always been very easy to clean. The interior is large enough that I can place a large dinner plate or four quart mixing bowl inside and have the food heat evenly. I have set every size container in this microwave oven from a small glass to a four quart mixing bowl. The buttons on the front, actually a finger touch pad, are easy to read and use. I really like the separate settings for popcorn, potato, and more. It makes it so easy to set an item in the microwave, close the door, press the designated button and all the guess work has been taken out of how much to cook an item for and for how long.

Hermiston, OR

true

It's excellent for all uses!

This is a great microwave with a lot of room inside without taking up too much space. It is simple to use-- just punch in how long you want it to go and you are done. I have had it for years with not as much as a glitch! It sits on my kitchen island in what is a very small kitchen and does take up some room (it is way bigger than a typical tabletop microwave), but for the power and all the use I get out of it-- not to mention the amount of room on the inside!-- it is worth the space it takes up. Ease of Cleaning It is easy to clean but it definitely needs regular maintenance. The large surface on the inside means that there is a lot to go over, and I benefited greatly when I started regular maintenance. Durability I have not had a single problem with any of the parts in the multiple years and locations I have had this microwave. From the buttons to the plate on the inside, there has never been an issue. Design It is easy to read and laid out in a way that makes sense.

My GE Microwave Oven has been trouble-free

My old microwave oven stopped working so I was in the market for a new one.  I've always heard to avoid GE due to reliability issues so I wouldn't have chosen this microwave oven however a friend gave me this oven as a present. I've had it 3 years now and it's been trouble-free.  The interior is roomy enough for everything I need to cook.  The rotating platter inside is easy to remove and clean.  The inside of the microwave oven isn't hard to clean either.  The only part that is a bit hard to clean is the glass on the front where you look through to see your food.  Splatters seem to stick there and are hard to get off.  It looks somewhat dingy but not that bad. The controls are easy to use.  I never even bothered reading the instruction manual and I have had no problems using this machine. Food cooks/reheats in this microwave without any issues.  The unit itself looks pretty sharp.  It's a clean, white design.  If you're concerned about the quality of GE products, I can tell you that I was in the same boat but this microwave oven has been great.

Alvin, TX

Good budget microwave

I've had this microwave for 6 years now. It got me through college, and has kept going for a few years after that. This micorowave has never had any issues of any kind. The turntable never gets stuck, the options all work, the button to open the door never sticks. Overall I've been really impressed with the microwave. My only complaint with this particular unit is the small inside space. There are times when I want to put a larger dish into the microwave. Even if I can fit the larger dish because the table spins, there isn't enough space for the dish to spin inside the cavity. The outside dimmensions are fairly small compared to many other models in the stores though, so if counter space is an issue this microwave may work just perfect.

Ridgecrest, CA

GE Microwave- a time saver

I wanted to replace my old microwave which I was holding onto throughout my bachelor life. When I got married, we were having a tough time getting used to our old microwave which took more time to heat/ warm even the simplest of things. When I decided to buy a new one, I settled for this GE Microwave (**JES1460DN/ 1460WF) **after doing a lot of research**. **I was very happy with my purchase and till date this microwave had made our lives simpler and easier. The cost was definitely a bonus. The features of this microwave are really good and more importantly the turntable helps us warm the food evenly. It eliminates the need to wait near the microwave endlessly just to get something warmed up.My wife who is now pregnant finds this microwave very useful and considers it as a life saver.

Middletown, CT

GE 1150 Watt 1.4 Cubic Feet Microwave Oven ~ Time Tested

This oven has served me well over the many years I have owned it to date with no repair issues or malfunctions! I use it multiple times a day and am very satisfied with it's performance and reliability and expect to have my GE for many years to come! This one is a keeper! I expect to be handing it down to my son and bet he will have it for years as well!

Pawtucket, RI

GE Microwave With Turntable Among The Best

I wanted to put a countertop microwave into our second home and I wanted a large one. The incredibly pricey one that we had built into our primary home has died three times in four years and at this point we are probably just going to redo the cabinetry and put in a reliable GE. Back to this model. I wanted a large model because we are a family of 5 with additional people running in and out all the time! I have had a number of microwaves through the years and prefer the GE. I wanted the model that has the turntable turn-off feature, but apparently that isn't available any longer or at least in the countertop version. The popcorn feature is spot-on. The beverage warming feature tends to bring coffee to a higher temp than I want it at. The feature we probably use most frequently is the single touch setting for 1-6 minutes. I defrost in my microwave regularly (cheaper than take-out every night) and the power adjustment feature allows defrosting without cooking. I haven't used a double boiler in years because it is so easy and energy efficient to melt chocolate in the microwave. I just wish they made a self-cleaning one!

Potomac, MD