4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Cleaning Time:

The GE front load washer is AWESOME!!

The GE front load washer is the best washer I have ever owned. The clothes come out clean and there is a noticeable difference in our power and water bills. I chose the red because I think the color "pops" and it looks beautiful in our laundry room. Cleaning does not have to be boring! I decided not to get the pedestal because we have shelves above the washer and dryer and I did not want to have to move them due to the height of the washer. I have no problems using this without the pedestal. This machine is simple to use and very quiet. I would recommend this washer to anyone who is looking to buy a new washing machine. The quality is amazing. One of the features I like the most is the "quick wash" feature. I use this when I wash lightly soiled items or individual pieces like curtains or thr dog's bed. The items still come out immaculate. The energy savings alone are worth purchasing this machine.

Efficient washing machine

When we got married, we purchased some Hot Point appliances. After about seven years of marriage, it was time for new appliances. We purchased the GE front loading washing machine about three years ago. I also purchased the stands for them after hitting my head on the soap dispenser. When the stands were delivered they were not secured properly, so when I started washing clothes, it began to spin and spun off the stand into my dryer. This messed up the entire machine. After having them come out and secure and stabilize the machine, I had some timing issues for a while, which eventually worked themselves out. Another drawback is that you have to wash the "perfect" size load- not too small- not too big.

I do like the fact that it VERY efficient. It is also seemingly quiet, unless you are washing towels. It is also fun to watch and see just how fast it can spin. I really like where the soap dispenser is located and how easy it is to fill it up. However, I wish I would have waited a little, because they now have one that you put the entire bottle of detergent in it and it decides how much soap is needed. Overall, I am satisfied with my GE washing machine, just had some problems due to installation.

Awful with hard or soft water

from Gilbert, AZ

About Me Heavy Duty User

Pros

• Can save your favorite cycle
  • Energy Efficient
  • Large Capacity
  • Spins Clothes Dry

Cons

• Doesn't Clean Effectively
  • Hard to unlock to add more
  • Long Cycle

• Everyday Clothes

Comments about GE Front Load Washer:

I purchased this machine about 4 years ago after reading great reviews and I've regretted every minute of it. Towels smell musty after being washed and it is horrid for cloth diapers. I end up having to bleach soak my diapers all the time because despite getting a water conditioner, trying three detergents, adding biz, adding vinegar, adding rinses my diapers still don't get adequately clean even though they are in the machine for three hours! That is not highly efficient.

GE Front Load Washer is a luxary for your laundry room

from Canton, OH

Comments about GE Front Load Washer:

My GE Front Load Washer makes doing laundry a joy. It has many settings to take care of all of my laundering needs. It doesn't use excess amounts of water so it can save money that way plus save energy. It cleans clothes perfectly! It isn't obnoxiously load like some models tend to be. My old machine sounded like a tank coming through my house! I couldn't be happier with this purchase. I believe it will be taking care of my families laundry needs for many years to come and I couldn't be happier about it!

Energy Efficiency
It uses less water and energy than a lot of machines on the market. I did see a slight difference in my bills where this was concerned. I'm happy with any savings I can get.

Cleaning Time
Cleans clothes in an average amount of time. Perfectly acceptable. I don't need my laundry to be done a light speed.

Washes laundry very well. The clothes come out very clean.

Although this machine has a lot of settings it is very easy to use. No need to study the manual. It's pretty self explanatory.

I like the design. It isn't a space saver. But it doesn't take up a ton of space.

Built to last. This machine holds up to not only everyday wear and tear but can handle a little rough use as well. I don't foresee any durability issues.

GE front load washer

from Valdosta, GA

Comments about GE Front Load Washer:

I had to have the machine repaired within the first six months of ownership. The concrete on the inside loosened. It has loosened three times since. I don not recommend this washing machine at all.

If you want to pay out lots of money to keep fixing this machine then go ahead and buy NOT!!

Awesome Washer!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about GE Front Load Washer:

When I had to replace my old top loading washer I really wanted to get a front loading washer to minimize water and energy use plus I'd heard that they clean better than top loading washers.

I scoured Consumer Reports and various websites and finally decided on the GE Front Load Washer when I saw it in person.

This is super easy to use, with settings such as heavy, sport, delicates, and hand wash. You can use cold, warm, or hot water for washing though most of the rinse cycles are with cold water.

I especially love the optional eight hour delay. It's great to load it while dinner is cooking and hit the delay button and have it run in the middle of the night when energy prices are lower.

This is super quiet so you really can hardly tell it's even running unless you're right in front of it!

Cleaning is awesome and the spin cycle is so strong that everything comes out just barely damp. Nothing ever needs more than maybe 15 or 20 minutes in the dryer.

Overall this is an awesome washer and I really highly recommend it. I've had it for about six years now and haven't had a single problem with it.

Fabulous

from Edina, MN

Comments about GE Front Load Washer:

The General Electric Front Load Washer is a luxury for your laundry room. It has so many setting for specific washes that are easy to use and give you a detailed list to choose from so you know you are picking the specific wash treatment for each item. It is great for delicate items as it washes them perfectly yet gently, but also great for blankets and larger items as it has great load capacity. Items are cleaned evenly and efficiently. I love that you have the option of flash washes for a quick wash of something you need urgently. There are specific measures for liquid detergent and softener as well to prevent waste. This is an amazing washer! You will love it.

Energy Efficiency
Good on energy efficiency especially for such a great appliance.

Cleaning Time
Cleaning time is great and varies on what you are washing.

It seems overwhelming when you see all the options, but you catch on quick and its quite simple.

GE Front loader HE washer

Comments about GE Front Load Washer:

Overall a great washer. Has a ton of settings for all your washing needs, from speed wash to hand wash. Also has settings for soil level, spin speed, and of course water temperature. The cycles do tend to run long, even on speed cycle, so that is why I gave it a 9. Also as with any front loader it needs to be cleaned regularly or you will get mildew and mold which smells.

Energy Efficiency
I wash between 6 and 10 loads of laundry every week. Our water bill and electric bill barely budge with this washer. It is very cost effective to own this machine.

Cleaning Time
Cycles tend to run long. The speed cycle says 38 minutes but when it gets down to 1 minute left it stays there for anywhere from 5-10 minutes until it finally beeps. My clothes come out very clean and it is cheap to run so I try to overlook this. Of course the other settings run for various times. If you need to use the sanitizing setting be prepared to wait 3 hours for your load to be done.

Gets clothes clean with very little soap. We've had our washer 8 years with no problems at all.

Super easy to use, everything is labeled so there is no guess work using this washer.

Has a nice design, pretty normal looking washer. Not fancy but not plain.

Has held up for 8 years and tons of laundry. I would say this washer is very durable.

Awful!

Comments about GE Front Load Washer:

Do not waste your money on this machine. It is garbage and will ruin your clothes!!! I can't even donate it!

Energy Efficiency
Not when I have to wash the same load 2 or 3 times to geet them clean!

Cleaning Time
Takes forever to wash and doesn't even get the job done! Takes about 2 hours for one small simple load - what a waste.

Usually have to wash the same load two to three times to get clothes somewhat clean. Better off going to the cleaners and cheaper.

Door broke recently after purchase. Still breaks frequently.

A Hardworking Machine for Busy Families

Comments about GE Front Load Washer:

This front-load washing machine makes doing laundry so much easier for a busy Mom! The washing machine has a great capacity and does an excellent job of getting clothes clean - even for a family on the farm! From cow manure and oil to dirty athletic clothes . . . everything comes out clean the first time!

Energy Efficiency
This is a very energy efficient washing machine. And, the fact that I can wash such large loads of laundry means I can run the machine much less than my older washing machine.

Cleaning Time
Most of my clothes are done washing in about 45 minutes - not too bad!

Does a great job of washing dirty. clothes - and we have LOTS of dirty clothes on the farm!

This washing machine is very easy to use. Our pre-teen daughter often throws in a load of laundry (after cleaning her bedroom!) She finds it easy to get her clothes clean.

The design of this machine is nice. Our washing machine is white - a clean, classic design.

This washing machine is VERY durable. With clothes from the farm there are often nuts and bolts that may find their way into the washer, and there hasn't been a problem. It also works well despite the fact that we have very hard water here in the country.

• Cleaning Time:

Thank God for this washing machine!

Comments about GE Front Load Washer:

This washing machine was given to me as a gift and I am so thankful to have it!

Energy Efficiency
I have noticed a slight increase in my electric bill but it is likely from using the dryer.

Cleaning Time
Depending on your schedule you can choose a large variety of cleaning cycle times. If you need to run a load quickly you can change setting to get the clothes clean in the shortest amount of time. If you have heavily soiled items you can adjust the setting to clean the items for longer and on hot with extra rinsing or pre-wash options.

This washing machine is very user friendly and is easy to become familiar with.

The washing machine is a bit large and bulky which makes moving a bit of a challenge. Be sure to have a utility dolly and some strong guys to help! Also you will want to measure your new laundry room ahead of time to be sure it will fit. It stands quite tall and is also large width wise so be prepared.

I have had basically no problems, the washer is over 3 years old and still going strong!

hate it

Comments about GE Front Load Washer:

It does not wring the water out of the clothes. Especially towels and forget wasing pillows. How can it be cost efficiant if you have to dry the items five times cuz everything is soaked. I had only had machine a couple of weeks before i had to call warranty.. the machine sucked a thong into the hose. The told me this wss not covered and u need to use garment bags. It is a good thing i watched him drain the hose because i have had to do it twice myself since. It eats sox and foget it if your kids pockets arent cleaned out. Cleaning it is not easy the screws are hard to gat off to remove the cover and twice as hard to put back on. Then you get all of the water and smelly discusting sledge shooting out the hose. It sucks. I would never buy another one.

Energy Efficiency
Only cuz i have to run my dryer so much more

Water will be running from towels, pillows,quilts or a load of jeans.

It is a faulty design if it does not wring out clothes.