Other Washing Machines:

Cons

Excellent Model

from Hartford, CT

Comments about GE Front Load Dryer:

I really like GE appliances and have had very good luck with them so when I needed a new dryer I purchased their Front Load Dryer.

I'm not very particular about my dryer. I just want it to dry my laundry quickly and easily. There is no way I can hang my laundry outside in the dead of winter so I need a dryer.

This does a great job of drying everything. I have a front load washer that gets everything about 90% dry by the time it even goes into the dryer so this just needs to get that last bit of water out and take out any wrinkles that developed in the wash. It performs those functions perfectly.

I use dryer balls in mine and they work fine. They're loud but they're effective.

I've found this to be equally effective for everything from bras and other intimates to regular clothes to sheets, towels, and blankets. Everything comes out perfectly dry and wrinkle free. I really hardly ever have to iron anything anymore.

I definitely recommend this model. There are no bells and whistles but it just works and works well. In the many years that I've had it I haven't had to call for a single repair. It just works flawlessly every single time.

Good dryer

Comments about GE Front Load Dryer:

Overall, I am not super picky about my washer and dryer. I look for the basics, in terms of finding appliances that get my clothing clean and dry, without being too harsh on them and degrading the fabric of my clothing and my family members' clothing. This dryer earns high ratings, in my book, because it seems to dry quickly and evenly, even if I put fabrics if various materials and of varying thickness in the same load. The dryer sensing setting does a nice job, and I feel that this dryer definitely out performs the two dryers that I've owned previously. In my experience, GE tends to be a trustworthy, high quality brand. Though this dryer was not a bargain of a deal, and it was costlier than other models that I considered, I feel like I am getting my money's worth because, so far, I do believe that this dryer is superior to the lower priced brands, and even the lower priced GE models.
Another thing that is nice about this dryer is that it has many specific features that I can adjust, so that I know that I am drying my clothing on the setting that will be the best for each type of clothing that I dry.

• Cleaning Time:

Simple Front Load Dryer that Gets the Job Done!

Comments about GE Front Load Dryer:

The GE Front Load Dryer doesn't have all the bells and whistles that some dryers do, but it's energy star rated and does a quality job of getting the clothes dry and can handle a decent size load. It doesn't have the digital display or extra options, but it's simple, has less features that could break and it gets the job done. It may not be stylish but does what it needs to do.

Energy Efficiency
It is Energy Star rated and is much more efficient than dryers from years ago, but isn't as energy efficient as some of the newer large capacity dryers, but it is still a quality dryer.

Cleaning Time
It has an average drying time I would say. From the washer to completely dry on an average size load is about fifty minutes. Not great, but not too bad.

The GE Front Load Dryer does what it's supposed to do. Is it the best, no, is it the worst? Absolutely not. It's an affordable dryer that is simple and lacks style, but that's okay. It's not made to win the beauty contest.

It's really simple and easy to use. Ease of use is truly one of it's best qualities. All you have to do is simply load the clothes, shut the door, choose your settings, set the time and push the button to start. If you want to get fancy you can set the alert button to ring when the dryer finishes.

Basic and simple is the easiest and best description for the design of this dryer. There's not a whole lot to it. Less you can break and less that can go wrong.

It is a durable model because of it's simplicity and basic design. There are a lot less things that can go wrong which makes this a more durable product compared to other dryers.

A hard working dryer!

from Sterling, CO

Comments about GE Front Load Dryer:

We have had this dryer for a few years and I love it! Dryers are probably mostly the same, but I think this one is easy to see what options you have, and it is easy to choose and decide what you want to do. It is also a big dryer and can handle some large loads. I have dried a king size down alternative comforter in there before, and while I did have to pull it out and shift it around a few times, it dried it!

There are 4 different heat settings for drying, high, medium, low, and no heat. There is also an option to have it beep and signal when your load is done or not. I like that I can turn it off, because it is loud! The dryer has a wrinkle care setting which actually works. It runs for about the last 5-10 minutes of each load to help it be less wrinkled, and it does make a difference to me. If you leave your clothes in the dryer for a few days, they will be wrinkled still, but if they sit for a few hours or even a day, I don't have issues with them wrinkling up like I have with other dryers. This dryer has a sensor that actually helps your clothes so they don't over dry, so instead of setting the dryer for 45 minutes, you can select if you want them less, or more dry, and it will stop when that load is done. This means some of my smaller loads or lighter fabrics dry really quickly, and I can get another load in there quickly.

I have had some issues with my highest heat setting, drying cottons. For some reason, it occasionally won't actually heat up, so the clothes spin and spin and spin, for sometimes an hour or two before I realize. I open it up, and it is cold. But, I switch the setting to a timed one, or another setting and it works fine. We have had multiple people come check it out, but it is random, so they can never get it to repeat, and it has never been fixed. It rarely bothers me, but I just don't dry on the cotton setting anymore. I think it is probably a fault of our dryer, not the brand.