2.5

2.5

GE Profile 3 door is poorly constructed, will require repairs

from Dubuque, IA

Comments about GE French Door Refrigerator PFSF5NFYWW:

I purchased a 3 door refridgerator 7 months ago, and have problems since day one.  It is larger cubic foot than my previous refridgerator, I thought i would have more space.  NOT!  I couldn't even get all of what was in my other fridge into this new one. The refridgerator is smaller and the freezer is bigger.

Manufacture defects have been many. Doors that were not on straight, shelves don't fit/slideout properly, drawer rollers that broke off in the third month, hinges that squeek, other unresolved sounds coming from the fridge. Drawers in the freezer that did not align properly, had to have the guides removed and adjusted.  Slides broke because of the mal-alignment.  Freezer gasket that did not seal properly loosing cold air from day one.  And temperature control that seems wacky. Temp in fridge and freezer is not consistant at all.  Fluctuates many degrees from set temps.  Even when the doors are not open for hours. Causeing food to freeze in the fridge.

I would not buy this fridge again.  Wish I could get a different one now.

Great Fridge, holds a lot, good filtered water. Glad I got it.

from Brownsburg, IN

Comments about GE French Door Refrigerator PFSF5NFYWW:

We purchased this GE 3-door fridge because we liked it's nice clean look.  It has a more sizeable freezer than most side by side models which we needed.  Very good tasting filtered water from it's front water dispenser.  The icemaker can be a bit noisy, especially for being located in the freezer.  There is a ton of space and lots of storage options in the fresh food section.  The shelves are good to given us options on what height we want them at.  The water dispenser is a bit too slow.  The freezer baskets are wire but we would prefer solid so you don't have things slide out or get caught.  The white slick surface on the outside is easier to clean but shows dirt more easily.  We like the beveled edges on the top and the easy to open handles.  The door alarm is a nice feature to have even though it is annoying when it goes off with your hands full of groceries -- but perfect for when the kids leave it open.