Other Washing Machines:

GE Energy Star King Size Capacity Stainless Steel Washers

Pros

Cons

G E Get's Five Stars From Me

I don't know about you,but I hardly have time to breath,let alone do laundry for a house of 4.Well let me tell you about one of my time-saving secrets...G E's Energy Star King Size Capacity Stainless Steel Washer. This "Bad Boy" can hold up to 23 large towels at one time,which means I do fewer loads,saving me precious time.

I also save money,because it uses less water and electricity,which has lowered my energy bills,putting more money in my pocket.

Let's not forget to mention it's better for the environment,going above and beyond the US Department Of Energy standards by 60%.

(1)Saves me time (2)Saves water (3)Saves energy (4)Saves me money (5)Saves the environment.

Great Dryer for large families.

The Front load GE washer is great for large families.  There is only one problem with it that happens often.  There is a piece of metal hanging over the door that seems to catch the clothes.  When you open the door you find clothing hanging on this piece and it is very hard to work out from under it, and sometimes leaves holes in garmets or eats the corners of wash cloths.  There doesn't seem any way to fix this problem,  Is all the repairman does is try to bend the peice back in.

The drier has been tough and long lasting even with the help of a 4 yr. old and 13 yr. old, and the help of the man of the house.  It seems to take a little longer to dry thanwe would like, but the dewrinkle, cycle is the greatest.  Even makes things that have hung in a packed closet look great.  Really takes out the wrinkles in policemans uniforms.

Great capacity and gets clothes clean.

from Spring, TX

Comments about GE Energy Star King Size Capacity Stainless Steel Washers:

This washer is about 7 years old now. We purchased it because of the stailness tub and because it was such large capacity. Neither have disappointed. It is not a super-expensive washer, but definitely not cheap either. Probably middle of the road price. I think if I were to do it again, I would purchase a more expensive model though with all the bells and whistles. The agitator can be a bit hard on clothes and would probably get one without an agitator. The capacity is great and still gets clothes clean even when stuffed to full capacity. It has held up well (perhaps too well since I cannot justify another washer now)

Energy Efficiency
seems fine

Cleaning Time
still takes a bit of time, but shorter options are available.

cleans well

easy to set

does get dirty in nooks and crannies

held up well

Love it!

from Greeley, CO

Comments about GE Energy Star King Size Capacity Stainless Steel Washers:

This is a great machine! We cloth diaper. We wash at least 3 loads a day, and at 6 months old it is going strong. I love the fact that not only can I adjust the water settings, but I can also use the Precise-fill. I love that it cleans nicely. It has a great capacity. I can wash a LOT of clothes, and with a family of 8 this is a definite need.

Energy Efficiency
With all of the laundry we do it seems to have not been an extra issue with adding a bigger washer--the electric bill did not change even though the washer size is different.

Cleaning Time
Who wouldn't want faster washing time? BUT it does not take a LONG time, so I approve.

IF I don't add extra water sometimes it feels the clothes are not as clean, but I love that I can change that. It's not set in stone that I have to use the Precise-Fill.

My 10 year old girl can use it, as well as my 8 year old boy. SO I think it gets an A+ for ease.

It's clean....LOVE a nice sleek machine.

With a family of 8...it's holding up great!

• Cleaning Time:

Should have purchased an old fashion model.

Comments about GE Energy Star King Size Capacity Stainless Steel Washers:

I'm not real happy with my new washer. It leaves soap on the clothes making it necessary to re-rinse them which defeats the purpose of saving water. It's also very noisey and sounds like a jet taking off.

Cleaning Time
I have to rinse clothes twice to get the "He" soap out of them.

Looks nice and easy to use.

Too soon to tell.

GE Energy Star

from Capitol Heights, MD

Comments about GE Energy Star King Size Capacity Stainless Steel Washers:

I was in the market for a new washer. When I got to the store the energy efficient washers were most prominent.  I was impressed with the GE brand's claims that it conserves both energy and water.

I find those claims to be true. This machine has a large wash basket, so the first thing I washed was a king size comforter.  The comforter fit easily into the basket and I couldn't have asked for a better job of it.  The GE came through with flying colors, however; the promise of lower energy and water bills alone, is enough of an incentive for me.

I love my new GE Energy Star-Works Great!

from Concord, CA

Comments about GE Energy Star King Size Capacity Stainless Steel Washers:

My washer went out about a year ago and I decided to go with something different this time around: Energy Efficient & front-loader.  So far I haven't had any issues with this machine (cross fingers!)  It's been great.  Clothes get clean, and you can customize settings  vs. just going with a standard setting of "darks or lights".  There's a "stain-wash" mode that takes a lot longer, however has worked great in getting stains out as long as I pre-treat them ahead of time.  There are different areas for detergent, fabric softner and bleach.  I also got money back on my taxes for buying an energy-efficient one.  Just make sure to price shop, because when I bought mine I noticed prices vary quite a bit, and I was able to get one company to match another's sale.

The only negative I have found so far is that some of the pre-sets default to a longer-length rinse cycle; so make sure to check the time before you hit "start" (a digital display will tell you how long it will take to wash & counts down for you so you can see how much time is left).

GE Energy star is quiet easy to use gets clothes clean

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about GE Energy Star King Size Capacity Stainless Steel Washers:

This is the best washer I have ever owned its so quiet and I have a  lot of cleaning options.

My clothes come out really clean although I am not using a ton of water. The price was very reasonable and I was able to get some cash back from our gas company for purchasing this great washing machine. I would recommend it for anyone who wants to save on water as well as getting really clean clothes.

Great Dryer for large families.

from Kempner, TX

Comments about GE Energy Star King Size Capacity Stainless Steel Washers:

I would not purchase a GE product again especially a washer.

from Littleton, CO

Comments about GE Energy Star King Size Capacity Stainless Steel Washers:

We purchased a GE stainless steel tub energy saver top loading washing machine a few years ago. After using it the first time, I called for service and was told the fact that it sounded like a jet taking off was normal. Finally a service person came and some items were replaced. It was still very noisy but not as bad. However, within months it squeaked. Again major parts were replaced. It should have been like a new machine and work great but it is not and never has been. I am disappointed that GE would not replace it and insisted on replacing parts. They would not extend the warranty on the parts. We now have squeaking again and it is the noiseiest washer ever. I detest it. The motor, brakes, clutch, etc. were all replaced.

AWESOME WASHER!

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about GE Energy Star King Size Capacity Stainless Steel Washers:

GE ENERGY STAR KING SZ CAPACITY SS WASHER - JUST BOUGHT THIS LATE LAST YEAR, BEST WASHER EVER!  IT CLEANS YOUR CLOTHES SO WELL, AND THE MACHINE IS SUPER QUIET.. YOU DON'T EVEN REALIZE ITS RUNNING. YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO USE THOSE EXPENSIVE DETERGENTS FOR FRONT LOADERS, ANY DETERGENT WORKS FINE WITH THIS MACHINE.

Astounding washer that is a pleasure to use!

from Petroleum, WV

Comments about GE Energy Star King Size Capacity Stainless Steel Washers:

I purchased this washer one year ago. It has performed beyond my hopes. My husband is a farmer with lots of dirty, greasy clothes. This GE King Size Stainless Steel Washer cleans thoroughly and quietly. Besides handling my big dirty loads, it does as well with a tiny load of one or two items. The clothes are clean and not overly wrinkled like some washers will do with a small load. I would recommend this washer and would not hesitate to buy another one!

I had always used a large capacity washing machine. I raised three kids and found it useful to keep a large machine. Since this is not my first large capacity washer, I knew what I was looking for. The stainless steel tub caught my eye because I had tired of the other types. This machine does not beat the clothes and gives them a gentle wash. The cycle features are more than adequate. My favorite is the second rinse. This is great for towels that are so hard to get rinsed good. Probably one of my favorite features is the extremely quiet feature of this machine. I had to learn that it was in fact working since it is so quiet. Another great feature is the ease of balancing. Some machines just never get quite settled.