2.5

2.5

Reasonably-Priced, Energy-Saving Dryer

from Cin-Cin, OH

Comments about GE Electric Dryer:

I have had this dryer for almost four years.  I remember when I first got it that I was overwhelmed by all the technical choices that it gave me.  I just wanted it to dry my clothes and other laundry, and I didn't see the need for 10 different dryer settings.  In fact, it was about two years before I realized that my dryer had an anti-bacterial setting.  This setting can only be used with mixed loads or cotton items.  I don't know if I would ever have a need for this.  Besides that, it forces the dryer to run for a long period of time and extremely hot.  I would think it would damage the items you were drying.

For a normal size, mixed load of laundry, it usually only takes about 30 minutes on the TIMED DRY setting.  That's the setting I use 99.9% of the time.  Again, I don't have a need to use all of those other settings, such as cottons, easy care, active wear, delicates, and speed dry.  I typically air dry easy care and active wear items.

I highly recommend this GE dryer.  Unfortunately, I can't say the same for the matching washer. (See my review of the washer.)

Load Capacity
It serves me just fine.

It dries in half the time as my old dryer.

Just throw in the clothes and press the button.

I've been using it for six years. I haven't had any issues with it.

Very high tech.

• Load Capacity:

Control Board broke after 4 years on this GE Dryer

from Westfield, MA

Comments about GE Electric Dryer:

My wife and I went out searching for a washer dryer combo that would both save energy and do a great jo at cleaning and drying our clothes. We went to a local appliance store and they reccomended this dryer and the accompannying washer. I'll write a seperate review of the washer but that wasn't good either.

The dryer started off doing everything it was supposed to. We liked all of the different options that it had. It seemed like we could dry all of the different types of clothes that we had and it would dry them in a short amount of time without having to check on it.

Then, after 3.5 years of use, the sensor dry cycle would never completely dry the clothes. This forced us to have to use the time dry. This would dry the clothes but seemed to defeat the purpose as we may dry them longer than need be and damage the clothes more than they needed to. Shortley after that, we received an E01 Code on the front of the dryer and it no longer works.

What ever happened to the days when a dryer woul;d lat 30 years. I sure miss those days.