Other Clothes Dryers:
GE Electric Dryer

GE Electric Dryer

Ok Dryer

Comments about GE Electric Dryer:

We bought this GE Electric dryer when we moved into our new house, along with the matching washer. At first I was pretty impressed with how quickly it dried our clothes, and that the sensor worked pretty well at stopping when the clothes were dry and not before or after. But after about 6 months, it just didn't seem to be working as efficiently. 9 times out of 10, the clothes will still be damp when the alarm signals that the cycle is complete. I always make sure the lint trap is clean, and even clean out underneath it, and from the back of the dryer vent to be sure everything is clean and working properly. I also notice that the dryer gets a mild mildew smell often which transfer to my clothes. Again, I make sure the lint screen is clean, clean the ducts and vents and will still get that nasty smell. And I don't even leave the clothes in their wet, so not sure why it does this. I even completely replaced all the ducts and put the vacuum hose in the back duct to clean all inside the dryer out. As far as cycles, it has plenty of cycles for your clothes, an additional timer to use instead of the sensor, and lots of heat choices. The lint screen is easy to use, but a lot of lint does get underneath it and builds there. It's not a terrible dryer, but definitely not one of the better ones we have had.

I give it a 5 for design because I think the design is part of the reason it gets the mildew smell in it, even when clothes are not left in it wet and not running.

• Load Capacity:

the best dryer for the price

from Langley, OK

Comments about GE Electric Dryer:

I bought this dryer in 2008 when we built our new house. It had a good price and it was made by GE which seems like a good company is why I bought it. It seems to work good. The only problem I have is that it seems to take a long time to dry. When I put the clothes in it says a certain time until it's dry, but I can check on it a little later and it seems like it is a longer time than it should be. Maybe it's the settings or how I loaded it. It is not noisy at all which is good thing. And it does hold a big load. Not sure why they make a dryer to hold a bigger load than a washer though. I do like it a lot better than my old dryer. It seems to dry the clothes a lot more evenly. Even when I have a big blanket in it the whole blanket gets dry instead of parts of it still being wet. I do also like the fact that the new front loader washer and dryers save energy. It may not be much money, but every little bit of money even if it is over the years helps out.

Quick and good sized

from Dupont, WA

Comments about GE Electric Dryer:

This dryer is very efficient.  If has a big compartment, and drys clothes quickly.  My only complaint is that when you have a mixed load, it sometimes does not dry the heavier items as well.  I would recommend this dryer as I have owned it for 6 years.