Other Dishwashers:

GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher

Pros

Cons

GE CLEAN STEEL APPLIANCES ARE THE BEST

We remodeled after 25 years and decided to replace all our major appliances with GE Clean Steel units (stainless steel finish that doesn't show fingerprints). I loved my 25-year-old almond GE Dishwasher which was still working when I gave it up to make way for a nearly identical GE model in Clean Steel last year. My contractor did the installation and a funny looking paperlike piece poked out under the front door, but he fixed it and I have no other complaints. The new GE Dishwasher is a low-end model but works just as good as my old low-end GE model. In fact, the new silverware basket looked almost identical to the old one with a little difference in the color. I kept the old basket to use as a freezer storage container for frozen veggie packets. The GE Clean Steel Dishwasher matches the Clean Steel finishes of our GE Gas Range, GE Fridge, and GE Microwave. At first, we thought the GE Dishwasher was noisy, but as more cabinetry and window blinds were installed to absorb sound, the Dishwasher is more muted now. Love the look, love the performance, love the coordinated look of the whole kitchen. This Dishwasher is the focal point of the kitchen as you enter and I bought a beautiful magnetic mural for the Dishwasher door - yes, the Clean Steel surfaces seem to hold magnets well. The contractor liked the look of the Dishwasher mural so much that he suggested glass door cabinets over the Dishwasher. The finished look is breathtaking!

Noise Level
Low-end model with noise level to match. Noisy, but listening to other people's dishwashers, mine seems to sound the same as theirs. I have yet to hear a really quiet dishwasher in anyone's kitchen.

Cleaning Time
Seems to take longer to complete a load of dishes than my old GE dishwasher of the same low-end model. What I like is that most of the dishes dry well except for a couple of coffee cups that have a very concave bottom.

Loading Flexibility
The load top and bottom are almost identical to my old GE dishwasher of the same low-end model so I was used to knowing where to put all my dishes. There is a lot of load flexibility for my needs. There are only two of us so the dishwasher fills up and only runs about 3 times a week.

Loved my old 25-year-old low-end model GE dishwasher so much that I bought a nearly identical one again in a clean steel (no fingerprints) style. The inside looks almost identical to my old one and performs just as great!

Simple clean steel front panel design with a black control panel across the top. Blends nicely with the other GE clean steel appliances in our new kitchen.

So far, no knobs are loose, and the dishes are coming out clean and with no spots as long as we keep using the Cascade spot additive.

Like the dishwasher hate the racks

We bought this dishwasher after our last one died. We really like the clean steel feature and how easy it is to wipe down little fingerprints. However, we have only had it for 6 months and the top rack is sooo sticky. If you aren't careful it will send the glasses on the top rack flying. We liked our last GE dishwasher and so we thought we'd stick with the same brand. Now I'm wondering if we made a poor choice. I contacted the company through email and received an unsatisfactory response. The options of how to fix the problem did not involve them standing behind their product. I decided to take the rack out and try a little help from Google. They suggested cleaning the racks and scrubbing them to make them smooth. It was great for a week until the sticking got even worse. Now I don't know what do.

Reasonable

from Miami, FL

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

Price is very reasonable. I will be upgrading one day solely for the purpose of getting a more sophisticated look. Because this is the lower end of the price range for GE dishwashers, it is not as sleek looking as others. It does, however, do its duty fine so no complaints there.

• Loading Flexibility:

Too small for my family of four

from Stanton, CA

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

I love having a dishwasher in my house. For many years, we did not have one in the rental apartment that we were living in. When we moved a few years later, we moved to an apartment that had a full size dishwasher. I LOVED it. There was plenty of space for all our dishes (mind you, there were only two of us living there at the time), and we didn't have to run it every single day. Fast forward to the house we live in now, and we have this GE CleanSteel Built-In Dishwasher. Usually I love the GE brand, but this just isn't cutting it for our new family of four. Sure, it cleans okay (still haven't found a dishwashing detergent that it is completely compatible with) and I like the drying function. However, there just isn't enough room in it! I feel like I have to run it every day to try to keep up with my mound o' dishes that my family creates. It just drives me crazy. This dishwasher is much better suited for a couple with no children who eat out a lot.

Noise Level
Not too loud, but also not to quiet.

Cleaning Time
About the amount of time you'd imagine a load (albeit tiny load) of dishes would take.

Loading Flexibility
There's only so many ways you can load a tiny dishwasher.

It cleans, but not overly well.

I love the sleek look of it.

Seems like a durable machine.

GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher GSD2350RCS

from Beaverton, OR

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

We upgraded our kitchen to stainless steel so I looked at several SS types. I decided on GE initally because I also purchased another GE appliance and wanted the matching look for my kitchen. I really love the look and the roomy space for loading my dishes which is very convient in placing large items on the lower rack. I did have to change my loading scheme from the way I did with my old dishwasher as I was putting a little to many things in for total cleaning space. I tended to want to overload and get more washed at a time but I changed that and my dishes come out very clean every time. It does take longer than my old model and I wish the cycles could be a little shorter. However, I am used to that now and find that the cleaning time seems to be average for the models today. Overall, I am very pleased with the appearance, cleaning ability and the noise level while in operation. I would buy this one again.

• Loading Flexibility:

Another great product from GE!!

from Morganton, NC

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

Although I love GE products, this one is one of my favorites!! This dishwasher does it all effortlessly. I love the fact that I don't have to wash my dishes by hand to get them spotless before loading them in. After all, what's the point of having a dishwasher if that's the case. Scrubs even my pots and pans clean, no more scouring!! I think it is a very quiet operation and almost just puts off a slight humming noise. The stainless steel look is fabulous! Fits perfectly into my kitchen set up. You have to get his one!!

• Loading Flexibility:

Pretty basic but does a good job

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

I didn't actually buy this dishwashwer as it was already installed in the kitchen of the house we rented. But, I would buy it! It's also Energy-Star rated which is great because I know that's saving us a few bucks on the electric bill.

It has 3 levels for cleaning.

looks great!

I'm assuming it would last a long time as most GE items do. We've been using this one for 3 years (it was brand new when we moved in).

I love this product!

from East Brunswick, NJ

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

I love my GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher GSD2350RCS! With its stainless steel exterior and sleek look,it brings beauty to my kitchen. It works wonderfully and has lasted me a long time.

The inside of my dishwasher is very spacious and easy to load. The dishwasher cleans noiselessly and effectively and completes its cycle in an average amount of time. I have never had any problems with it. I use the normal cycle but there are other options depending on your usage.

The GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher comes at a reasonable price and is a high quality brand. You do not need a warranty as it lasts very well. I highly recommend it to all of you who make a daily mess in the kitchen!

• Loading Flexibility:

My helper in the kitchen

from Irving, TX

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

when we bought home I bought this GE dishwasher. With past experience of apartment dishwasher I knew what I wanted in my dishwasher more organized space more racks for dishes bowls and small utensils. removable cutlery box. environmental friendly energy saver. Have good looks. looks stylish with rest of the kitchen. there are controls on the front panel very easy to understand and have lots of options for pots pans delicate dishes etc. inside space is good enough for daily dishes and pots. detergent compartment is located inside the front door. easy to pour liquid or tab. it does the job very well. cleans all the grease oil on the dishes easily leaving them crystal clear. I got it for a deal but worth the money.

not too shabby!

from Cuba City, WI

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

I use to say that dishwashers were for lazy people, but I guess I am now in that category. It has been proven in studies that using a dishwasher is now more effective to killing the bacteria as opposed to washing dishes by hand. They are easy to load. I use vinegar just splash some in the bottom of it daily as opposed to buying a rinse aid. I use the vinegar and it works well. When I can get the rinse aid cheap I alternatively throw some it, but vinegar is less expensive and does the same if not more. You need to check the bottom traps as food particles and little parts can get stuck in there and then the machine doesn't clean as well. Overall, I like the whirlpool brand -the company stands behind their products.

Great Dishwasher for a Great Price

from Temple, TX

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

Love the stainless steel because it easy to clean and supposed to be sterile. And with a 3 yr old and a 4 yr old, that's very important. Its not difficult to use, the functions are self explanatory and it gets my dishes very clean without any left over residue. I'd say its quiet enough but would't call it silent by any means. Overall a great dishwasher for a great price!

quiet but not silent

Cleaning Time
doesn't take long but its much better than having to wash by hand

great warranty

Great Dishwasher

from Montrose, NY

Comments about GE CleanSteel Built-in Dishwasher:

I love my dishwasher! It's easy to use, easy to clean inside and outside! The GE installation expert said to run it with some lemonade mic to keep it clean and it works like a charm. Love the clean stainless steel because it is so easy to care for!

Loading Flexibility
Should allow for a variety of different loading options but does not.