Other Lighting & Light Bulbs:
GE
62291SR
GE Christmas Net Light - Multi, 150 lt.

Summary

Christmas 150 Multicolored Net Light Makes a Home Interior or Exterior Festive and Colorful

The GE Christmas 150 multicolored net light is the ideal, festive Christmas set for anyone who enjoys putting up a little decoration for the holidays. Whether an older couple wants simple exterior decor with a few colored light sets or families want vivid, full interior and exterior displays with the whole nine yards, this Christmas light net is a great choice. The green electric wire and multicolored lights work with endless holiday decorating themes.

The Christmas 150 multicolored net light is designed for indoor or outdoor use and measures 6 feet by 4 feet to cover a 24-square-foot lighted area. It includes a green cord set with a fused 3" end connector plug that can be connected to up to 2 other sets. The light net offers numerous decorating possibilities for front lawns, porches, living rooms and more. It comes with a two-year limited warranty.

GE Christmas Net Light - Multi, 150 lt.

Makes decorating shrubs a breeze!

I love decorating for Christmas, but I will admit that I love the finished result much more than the effort involved. I am short, and have short arms, so decorating all but the tiniest bushes and shrubs outdoors is a real chore. That is, until I came across the GE Christmas Net Light set at my local home improvement store. Talk about a game changer!

Or, so I thought. It definitely makes decorating shrubs so much easier as far as not having to string lights one row at a time. In my experience though, it is still a two person job. Maybe if you have longer arms, it would be a one person job, but if you're short like me, definitely have another set of arms to help you spread the net over the shrubs.

While application was no muss, no fuss, getting the netting off the shrubs and back into the box was a whole different can of worms. The netting snagged on every branch possible, and it was very difficult to get them back into a box neatly. I can only imagine the horrors ahead of me when I try to get them out next year.

The lights themselves are nice, vivid and bright, but don't expect them to be on par with the new LED lights on the market. These are more of a traditional lighting.

All in all, I'm happy with the lights, but will probably go with strand lights again in the future. If I could just leave them on the shrubs year round, I'd have zero reservations about using these, but unfortunately I can't do that, and removing them was more work than I bargained for.

I will say, if you have less branchy shrubs like boxwoods, the net lights would probably work like a dream. Just be warned, if you plan on using them on azalea or camelia bushes, you're in for a task when you remove them!

Mixed feelings about these Christmas lights!

I am the first to admit that decorating for Christmas is not high on my priority list and I am always skeptical regarding lights in general. I do not even know how many strands of lights that I have purchased throughout the years, only to find that many of the bulbs were not working! I get extremely frustrated attempting to untangle the mess of light strands each year so that we can show some Christmas spirit and light up a few bushes in our front yard. I think the idea of lights in a net is a brilliant one! I purchased a few sets of GE Christmas net lights several years ago because I figured they would make decorating a breeze. I did find that the net design was helpful in terms of covering a large area, and it is much easier to put these lights up. However, I have not been happy with the bulbs on these lights. I purchased the colored bulbs and they just do not seem bright enough. They put out a dull light that lacks sparkle and shine! I was also very disappointed to find that several of my bulbs were burned out this year after only two seasons of use. This year I bought a set of white GE Christmas Net lights and I do like these better than the colored bulbs in terms of brightness. I guess I will hold off on recommending these net lights until next Christmas when I plug them in and look at the results.

Some positives, some negatives

Comments about GE Christmas Net Light - Multi, 150 lt.:

The first thing you notice with these net lights is they looks great once you get them on a bush, or if you're one of those people who use them to cover the yard. Everything is fairly straight and you don't have to fuss around as much to get it that way, or worry about the wind possibly making the string hang lower in different parts of the bush. They can be difficult to store after the first use depending on what you have. One issue I had with my last pack of them was they didn't last as long as the regular string lights do. A bulb can go out and effect a section of them. Though it may tend to just be luck, so if you get a good batch it could last a while. Another interesting use for these is if you have a big window, or for a strore window. You can hand them down in front of the inside and it provides an outstanding look, even if you put other decorations in front of them in the window. Overall, a good buy to try.

Not bad, but I don't prefer these.

from Davie, FL

Comments about GE Christmas Net Light - Multi, 150 lt.:

I first purchased these GE multi-color 150 lt. Christmas net lights about three years ago. On the first year that I used them, I had no issues with them whatsoever. They were actually really simple to assemble, and the colors were bright enough to see from a distance. Another aspect I really enjoyed about these Christmas net lights was that they were all strung together and they went over the bushes in front of my house with ease. The second year of putting these up was when I started to encounter some problems. The lights did not appear to be as bright as the previous year. This upset me greatly, but I kept them on display anyhow. This year is when I really had problems with these Christmas net lights. Several of the bulbs actually burned out. It's a shame because I loved these so much on the first year of owning them. I would not recommend these to anyone, unfortunately.

easy way to add lights

Comments about GE Christmas Net Light - Multi, 150 lt.:

I love Christmas. I love houses decked out in a ton of Christmas lights. The more the better, if you ask me. I am also a pretty lazy person when it comes to taking the time to actually put the lights up. Because of this, these net lights are right up my alley. Putting these up takes as long as you want it to. You can pull it out of the package and toss it over a bush and you can be done (this is my approach), or you can take the time and place it over the bush so all the lights are parallel to the ground.
This works best over smaller bushes; if you have bigger bushes and you want them completely covered, you'll need more than one package of lights. Since smallish bushes are what we have, these works excellent for us. They are so easy to use, and I haven't had any problems with any of the lights going out. Since it's in a net, it's easy to fold and I haven't had to worry about them getting into a huge tangle like a regular string of lights.

A very good net

Comments about GE Christmas Net Light - Multi, 150 lt.:

I have two relatively large bushes/hedges out in front of my house That I don't often decorate but when I was out picking up roof lights, I saw this product and thought it might look kind of cool out front so I picked up one for each bush. My only real complaint is that they weren't really big enough to cover the full bush, I seriously underestimated the size of them, and if I were to buy more I would definitely get two for each bush instead of just one. The lights were affordable enough to go back for more, but I never got around to it.

There were a few bulbs out when I first plugged one of them in to test them, but since it did come with replacement bulbs, I was able to fix that relatively easy. Once I put them up, I did really like the colors and how the whole thing looked, even if it didn't quite cover the entire bush. Overall I'd say this is a pretty good choice if you're in the market for net Christmas lights.

GE Christmas Net Light-Multi, 150 lt.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about GE Christmas Net Light - Multi, 150 lt.:

I have small bushes located all over my lawn and was looking for something that I could decorate them with for the holidays. While shopping I came across the GE Christmas Net Multi-150 light set. I purchased several packages of this product. The light set was easy to drape over each bush. The wires connecting each light was lightweight yet strong. The light sets held up well during the very cold nights. There was no cracking of the insulation on the wire strands. The lights stayed lit casting a nice rainbow glow over each bush. I also used a few light nets to drape under each window. I liked that presentation instead of putting light stands around each window. I usually decorate in a similar manner to this each year. I was pleasantly surprised when I received my electrical bill and found there was no increase in the amount of usage. I will continue to use this product and will buy more for next year to go with the sets I have now.

Simplicity for Christmas

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about GE Christmas Net Light - Multi, 150 lt.:

I was absolutely thrilled to find GE Christmas Net Lights. I actually purchased more than one on the initial purchase and then later went back with a family member for their purchase. What I like about them besides the price was the ease of making the outside of my home look great but also neat without going over the top. They spread apart easily and can almost simply be laid onto your bushes or porch area. I would recommend that you place them within the bushes somewhat. It works best when you push them down a bit to secure the lights even more. Taking them out of the packaging was easy but I really didn't much like the cord length. I had to purchase an extension cord as well. The lights don't flicker although that can be seen as a good thing I guess. Storing them is a mess. You should try to roll them around construction paper or poster board for best results. That way you can ensure they aren't tangled and stay in good working condition for next year.

Your average net lights.

Comments about GE Christmas Net Light - Multi, 150 lt.:

When I was little, we used to decorate outside all the time, and that always included the outdoor netting lights. Now that I'm older, I wanted to start decorating outside a bit more, since in recent years we've mostly just stuck to the traditional Christmas tree and nothing more. These were some of the lights I decided to buy for this outdoor decorating spree. I'm very happy with them, and I can't really think of a single complaint.

The lights themselves are very pretty. They're multicolor, and you can set them to all be on at once, or to cycle through--first showing red, then green, etc. It's really pretty to see all the different colors.

The lights also cover a good amount of space. We have some really small bushes out front, but we also have two fairly good-sized bushes too. These net lights covered the small ones just fine, and they covered the front of the bigger bushes perfectly as well.

They weren't too bad

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about GE Christmas Net Light - Multi, 150 lt.:

I bought the ge christmas net lights as a sort of last minute decoration desicions. We already had a lot of other lights up and things plugged in so I didn't want to add too many more lights on my headges so when I seen these net lights it looked like a good idea. A I believe I bought four boxes of lights and they were 150 count each. They went on rather easy, however it didn't save me any outlet space because they each needed their own outlet. The biggest problem I guess was the brightness of the lights. My other lights are bright, but these seemed very dim compared to the other lights. They were inexpensive and not terrible for a last minute fix up, but I wouldn't get them again for decorating next year. If you're into the netted lights I wouldn't choose this brand as a first choice or maybe check the watts of the bulbs in the store on the package. Not a great GE product and didn't save me any money even though it was claimed to be energy saving.

These are beautiful on small shrubs, plants, and trees.

from West Virginia

Comments about GE Christmas Net Light - Multi, 150 lt.:

I am a fan of these netting lights. I have a few small plants and trees in my yard, and although the plants are dreary looking from the winter weather, the nets look quite nice. My Azalea plants look beautiful with these nets. The nets drape over plants and trees easily and don't get tangled like some of my strand lights tend to do. The lights on them are multicolored and I especially like that when one bulb goes out, it doesn't kill the entire net. I hate having to search for the blown bulb in a sequence to see which one is causing the outage. Overall, these are cute lights and easy maintenance.

I purchased these for 95% off last year thinking I may or may not like them but they work nicely. I have about ten of these that I picked up at a local hardware store on sale. The nets come with about a half dozen spare bulbs and some fuses in case one goes out in the set so I always have a replacement on hand.

Overall, I am giving these an 8 out of 10 because they aren't as full as they could be and because they do require a little work to get stretched out. I understand there is a little work involved because of the shape of the lights and the netting features, however, it does require a little stretching out to get it to look just right. I'm satisfied with these colorful lights though.

Not worth the hassle!

from Westchester, IL

Comments about GE Christmas Net Light - Multi, 150 lt.:

I picked up several boxes of GE Christmas Net Lights for my front bushes and I found them very hit or miss. I wasn't too impressed with the presentation of the lights right out of the box. The lights were tangled and took nearly 15 minutes to straighten out. Once I got all the lights in uniformity I encountered a major problem. 1/3 of the lights didn't light up. I spent another 15 minutes testing and replacing bulbs, but I couldn't get them all to light up. I ended up exchanging them for another set. I had better success with the new set of bulbs, but I still had to untangle them. Once untangled the net went on to my bushes with ease. The lights performed well for about a week until an entire row of bulbs went out for no apparent reason. I ended up tracking down the bad bulb that caused the outage and everything went smoothly for the remaining weeks I had the lights in service. I definitely wouldn't recommend GE Christmas Net Lights because they are time consuming and extremely finicky.