2.7

2.7

Pros

Cons

I love it

This is a great credit card for people who just want a card that represent a store and able to spend only in the store. I have this card now for three years. I love the fact that it's only for the Wal-mart store alone and you can't use the card any place else. I have a limited credit line and I like that because I have some debt that I'm paying off and at least I don't have to worry that the limited and spending on this card is not a crazy amount. I can either order something online or I can go to the store and buyup reasonable and affordable items that I need but also what my family needs. I also like the fact that once you are paying for you items if you have enouigh on your card and the cashier you can ask for 20, 40 or even 60 dollars if you need a little bit of extra cash in your wallet, but you have to remember you have to not only pay back what you purchased but also thr amount you took out once you rang up your items.

Walmart CC biggest scam - don't sign up

Don't ever sign up for a Walmart Credit card.

Don't ever sign up for a Walmart Credit card.

Empty Promise Scam: They promise you a $25 giftcard for signing up and the first 6 month interest free. After 14 month I still have not received it.

Free Interest Scam: They also only acknowledged my very first purchase for the 6 month free credit. Every purchase since then has been charged with a whooping 19.99% interest. In December they send a letter stating if I don't pay off the card again by February they will raise the interest rate to 29.75%.

Late Fee Scam: Despite the fact that I made 7 payments in the first 2 months, Walmart charged me a latefee in the 2nd month of service. When I called them to make them aware of the error, they told me they see all my payments but because I made all my payments BEFORE the next due date they counted them only towards the first month.

Due Date Scam: Every month Walmart changes the due date - so don't rely on a set date to pay your bills. In my first month the amount was due on the 17th, 2nd month they switched it to the 15th, 3rd month it went to the 13th. When I called them they had no rhyme or reason for it. Currently my "due" date is only a 23 day rotating schedule and keeps changing. The peculiar part is that the invoice always comes AFTER I made a pyament and suddenly the due date is a day before my last payment. As this could happen once - ok but for it to happen every month? - definately scam.

Watch out for store payments: I made a payment at the store with customer service. The representative did not place it on my card as a payment but as a credit. Because of that I was charged a late fee again stating I had not made my "monthly" payment. They saw and accepted the credit but did not acknowledge it as a payment towards my balance.

Available balance Scam: After 4 months they dropped my available credit line to 50% stating they re-ran my credit and now I only qualify for half of the credit balance. Never mind that I actually received a raise in income and have not added anything to my credit report - I checked it to make sure nothing is going on I don't know about. Also they did not care that the card had been paid off 4 times  in the 10 month completely. After I will have it paid off this time I am destroying it.

This is too much hassle. Walmart is by far the biggest credit card scammer. I only have 2 store cards and will never sign up again for any other store card after this experience.

Easy to use prepaid debit card.

from Florida

Comments about GE Capital Retail Bank - Walmart Visa MoneyCard:

I have had a Wal-Mart Money card for over three years and have only good things to say about it. It's super easy to set up, and it was relatively easy to connect it with my direct deposit for work.

Not only can it be used for direct deposit , you can get your tax refund deposited on it as well as use Green dot reload packs to put money on it.

I love the website, it is one of the easiest mobile friendly prepaid websites that I have used. Not only that but they have the best customer service out of the prepaid card industry.

They also offer rewards at the Murphy gas stations when you use your money card to pay for it, which is a huge plus for me.

If you're in the market for a prepaid card or are just tired of dealing with the headache of a standard bank. I would really recommend checking out the Wal-Mart Money card.

Customer Service
Customer service always goes above and beyond the call of service. I have always been impressed with the people who work in their customer service department .

Great For Saving A Few Dollars

Comments about GE Capital Retail Bank - Walmart Visa MoneyCard:

I purchased the GE Capital Retail Bank Walmart Visa Money Card for my teenage son. This card works great for both myself and him. I am able to purchase reload cards for him to load onto it. Also, when he gets his paycheck on Fridays, he puts half of it on there to help him to save money for purchases. The reload process is very simple You just go into Walmart and get the reload card and tell the cashier how much you would like to load. The price of the reload card is a little costly. It's only $3.00 but after loading a few times, that does run into some money. I'm hoping that eventually they might start a loyalty program that will give you free reloads every so often. I have used the Walmart Visa card myself for paying bills online and other purchases. I have never had a problem with it being accepted anywhere. I would recommend the Walmart Visa to anyone. especially teenagers.

• Available Rates:

The perfect card for a tighter budget!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about GE Capital Retail Bank - Walmart Visa MoneyCard:

I originally purchased a Walmart Visa Money Card a couple years ago when I was unable to establish a checking account but needed somewhere for my paychecks to be direct deposited to and just a safe place to keep my money and manage it. I also picked this card because of the fee schedules and prices. They are feasible for anyone's budget!

Customer Service
I have had to call Customer Service once to retrieve my online login information but other than that I have had no reason to call or contact customer service for the Walmart Money Card because I have had no issues or problems with the card. The one time I called for the login information, I was on the phone for approximately two minutes and it was a very simple call and solution. The representative was very professional, fast and friendly.

Available Rates
I don't feel that the word, "rates" necessarily apply so much to the Walmart Money Card as the word, "fees" does. As far as the fee's go for transactions, ATM withdrawals, Direct Deposit, etc, I think they are super affordable! Most transactions don't even have a rate or fee and the one's that do range from $1 to a few dollars. I can definitely handle those rates and fees. I love this card and I use it daily.

Expensive to reload.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about GE Capital Retail Bank - Walmart Visa MoneyCard:

We moved to an area that did not have a branch for our bank and I did not want to open a new account but wanted a card that I could load with extra cash so I went to Wal-Mart and got one of their wal-mart money cards. This works easy enough and works everywhere that a credit card is accepted. It works just like a debit card and you even can set up your own pin number on it to use and get cash back. It is convenient if you do not have a checking account but I do not like all of the fees that are associated with it. There are a lot of fees for things but the one that I disliked the most was that if you wanted to load your card with cash you had to pay a $3 fee each time. I had a waitress job at the time and always had cash so loading it onto this card became annoying with all of the fees that I had to constantly have. The card worked really well everywhere and the customer service at Wal-Mart when loading this card or dealing with it was mediocre at best, they never seemed happy to help me out or to load it, it always seemed like I was inconveniencing them.

Flexible and convenient

from Tampa, FL

Comments about GE Capital Retail Bank - Walmart Visa MoneyCard:

The Walmart Money Cards are a great option to have. They are pre paid accounts that you can purchase at any Walmart. You can load immediately and then once you get home you register the cards. Easy to register the card online and all the information is there for you. The concept is simple....load and use. You can load at any of the Money Centers as well as the registers in the store. They are trying to integrate loading on the self check outs which will make it that much easier. The only thing I wish it was able to do is load at other locations. Maybe partner with other retailers for more flexibility.
You can use these with direct deposits and for tax returns. The statements are accurate and immediate so you don't have to wait for any real gap in using versus showing on your balance.
I have also purchased additional accounts as family accounts that I use for my children. They allow the kids to have money available at all times and not have to worry about actually carrying cash around with them.
I would and have recommended the Walmart Money Cards.

Customer Service
Have contact customer service maybe twice in the 3 years I have had these cards. Always have good customer service and answer any questions and concerns.

Available Rates
Low rates. Understandable and no hidden fees.

Appreciate the help!

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about GE Capital Retail Bank - Walmart Visa MoneyCard:

I applied for a Walmart credit card about a month before Christmas, this past year. I wasn't even sure that I would be approved in the first place. Surprisingly, I was approved! I ended up purchasing a Dell Inspiron 15 with it. What I like about the card is that I have never been charged with any hidden fees and their billing cycle is very predictable. Also, as an added bonus, which I actually didn't know when I applied, I earn gas rewards when I use my credit card. Also, there is no interest on the card for the first year. I like that because I will have paid off the computer by then anyway. I have no intention on keeping the card after I finish with my payments. The only thing that I don't like about the card is that you don't get cash back rewards you've earned until after the first year which, for me - is pointless. The best thing about the card for me is that they send you your credit score for free on your billing statement and of course, I was able to use it when I really needed it. I am allowed to get cash advances when I make an in store purchase but I do not use that feature either because my main intent for the card was simply to purchase a nice gift for Christmas. I like the card but I am the type of person who doesn't like to be in debt so, I only used it when I needed it.

Customer Service
Told me about benefits, gas points ect, seem nice.

Not worth the headache

from Boston, MA

Comments about GE Capital Retail Bank - Walmart Visa MoneyCard:

I frequently shop at walmart as they offer fantastic prices on every day items. When I was solicited at the register to sign up for one I did as I was told I would have 0% interest on a purchase over $300 for the first 6 months. This would be great for my Christmas shopping. I called Walmart to get the terms of my card and they promised me that I would have their lowest rate, my rate was over 20% and I felt like I had been lied to. Make sure you read all of their disclosures, they will try to trick you. The website to make online payments is great however. And an added benefit of having their credit card, you can check your credit free! This is a huge value, it gives you your score and new alerts - most companies charge about $20 a month for this service so receiving this free is a great bonus and the only kind thing I have to say about them. IF you have questions speak with a manager or team leader the employees that answer the phones don't seem to know very much and they are rude and unhelpful to boot. Any time I have a question a manager takes care of me right away.
When you sign up - make sure you indicate that you want the VISA card, otherwise you will get a store card only. I had originally applied for the VISA but the girl who took my application at the store typed it in wrong, I had to call and fix that - make sure you do it as soon as possible so it doesn't look like you had a credit card open and close as this will effect your credit score.

Customer Service
Walmart may offer low low prices but you certainly don't get great service in store or over the phone. Every time I called for anything I would suffer long wait times, rude employees, or an employee that gave me different information from the last I spoke with. I do customer service training and I have worked in call centers so I know it is a tough job and some customers are incredibly hard to please but these people are just terrible. I can never get a straight answer. I was disconnected 4 times in one day. It seemed as though no one wanted to answer my question or maybe they didn't know how so they just hung up on me. It was infuriating.

Available Rates
When I originally applied for this card I was told because I had premier credit I would get a low rate - my rate was almost 22%. When I called to discuss this they confirmed that I did have premium credit however they couldn't adjust the rate. I was able to have no interest for the first 6 months so I kept a high balance but now I pay the statement balance each month. I was not happy about this. I wouldn't have minded the rate if I was told in the beginning that the rate was as high but to waste all that time was terrible. I felt lied to.

Great

from Bronx, NY

Comments about GE Capital Retail Bank - Walmart Visa MoneyCard:

I like this card because it is easy to use and easy to load. I also like this card because my children can use the card as well. The card is easier to use than other cards that I have used. I don't care to much for the expensive fees, but they provide options that you can choose from to reduce the fees depending on where you are located. The card can be used as an atm card as well.

Customer Service
Customer service is excellent. I can call and they are so eager to assist and help with any problems. You can also go to the counter and they are also readily eager to assist with any issues that you are having with the card.

Available Rates
I find that the rates are to high; however, as with any debit prepaid card you have to pay all kind of fees. I like the fact that if you load a direct deposit or go to the counter you don't access fees. I have discovered that this could vary at locations and depending on how many loads and transactions you do on your card.

Emergency card only

Comments about GE Capital Retail Bank - Walmart Visa MoneyCard:

Christmas was coming and we had an emergency car repair that used up my Christmas Fund. I wanted to make sure my kids had something special, so I applied for and got this card. The interest rate is awfully high, but I knew it would be paid off in two months. I never had to deal with customer service, and I work very hard to keep my spending on it nil. We had a problem with credit card debt a few years ago, and it took us 5 years to get out of the debt.

However with our credit improving, sometimes you need a little boost by a card that you put something on and then immediately pay it off. While I do not recommend this card for carrying a balance, for an emergency having this card is great. If you don't have capital for something that week, you can easily use this and get practically anything at Walmart.

I am happy to have this option if say the TV goes out, or I need something critically fast for the family, I wouldn't use it for my grocery shopping.

What a joke.

Comments about GE Capital Retail Bank - Walmart Visa MoneyCard:

The Walmart card is one of those cards with an amazing introductory rate that skyrockets to some unbelievable store branded rate after 12 months. I rode out the first year and quickly canceled, as it served no purpose to me at the new rate. I do not recall there being any kind of rewards program or incentives for having the card - It was just an impulsive sign up once when I was in the store purchasing a large item which would save me a percentage on the day of my purchase. Had I taken the time to read the fine print, I never would have signed up at all. Once the introductory period was over, I really couldn't cancel this card fast enough.

Customer Service
Canceling this card was a chore. I got passed from person to person, through customer service and retention and management before finally getting to actually cancel my card. It just shouldn't be that difficult to get rid of credit that you don't want.

See above.