Other Kitchen Ranges:
Electric Ranges, Freestanding Ranges
GE
C2S985SETSS
GE Cafe 30" Freestanding Dual Fuel Range

Summary

GE C2S985SETSS 30" Freestanding Dual Fuel Range with 5 Sealed Burners, 20,000 BTU Tri-Ring Burner, 5.4 cu. ft. Oven Capacity, Convection Cooking, Non-Stick Griddle and Baking Drawer

GE Cafe 30" Freestanding Dual Fuel Range

Pros

Cons

Mixed feelings

Comments about GE Cafe 30" Freestanding Dual Fuel Range:

I have had a mixed experience with this. On the one hand I love the stove top and especially the middle burner that allows me to make everything from pancakes to cheese sandwiches. However, we have had to call for service for the oven that cuts off throughout cooking. The bottom oven is a great feature for both cooking and warming.

Temperature Control
The oven cannot keep the temperature. I have tried re calibrating it but have had to call GE service. Jury is out to see if this works. It has been so disappointing considering the price. I am hoping once it is fixed I will be really happy especially with the convection option for baking.

Heat Distribution
The oven has not worked properly since we got it 3 months ago.

It is new so I cannot speak to durability.

It is a beautiful range to look at and fits in beautifully with our other high end appliances.

I have used the self cleaning option and it worked well. Stainless steel is tough to clean but that can be said for any stainless steel appliance.

• Heat Distribution:

I love my dependable range!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about GE Cafe 30" Freestanding Dual Fuel Range:

I love my range. I have tried all of its features, except the self clean. I love the fact that I have so many options on the gas cook top. It even comes with a flat grill insert that fits in the middle section. I have used it to make pancakes, bacon, sausage, etc, saving me from using several pans to feed my 6 person family. The convection oven works great. It automatically calculates the difference in temp for you. So if you enter 350 deg as your recipe states, it will only heat to 335 deg (I may be off a little on the numbers, but just to use as an example). The temp probe works perfectly so it's nice to not need a temp gadget sticking out of the oven.

I love to cook, and when it's time for Thanksgiving or other holiday, I cook everything with ease with this range. I can have several stuff cooking on the gas top, the turkey in the oven, and the rolls and deserts cooking on the very bottom drawer. My one complaint is that the bottom drawer does take quite a bit longer to heat up than the maid oven. Now that I know that, I just start the pre heat a little sooner.

• Heat Distribution:

The best range I will ever own!

from Santa Rosa, CA

Comments about GE Cafe 30" Freestanding Dual Fuel Range:

I was hesitant on putting so much money down for a range since I am only a beginning cook. So far this has been the greatest investment in my kitchen and it will likely be used every day until something better comes along. The reason for my purchase was because it was larger, durable, used dual fuels, and had the best technology. The LCD is very easy to read, the range is very reliable and the temperature is set and ready much faster than other ranges. It is great to have a self-cleaning feature that actually works. The large size allows me to put several flats of food and have them ready in just moments. The food cooks evenly within the range as well as on the stove tops. I really recommend this range for all cooks.

Great range !

Comments about GE Cafe 30" Freestanding Dual Fuel Range:

This range is a very good choice for someone who enjoys cooking. The range top has five burners, including a center oval burner. There is a second oven - an electric baking over. The burners cover the gamet in terms of BTU output. My only complaint about this range is that the burner caps aged prematurely which required me to call GE. That said, they promptly sent replacements caps. Lastly, it is just beautiful if a range can be.

Not worth the price

Comments about GE Cafe 30" Freestanding Dual Fuel Range:

We paid a lot of money for this oven. We would probably have been better off with a cheaper one. The extra oven on the bottom was the seller for us and it has been convenient. However, it takes very long to heat up and the knob to turn it on can be quite annoying. The notch that lights up fell off almost as soon as we got the oven so we have to bend down and squint to see if it's actually on. And we must do so because the knob is so sensitive and although it is supposed to go up to 450 the light will turn off and oven won't even light if it is above 400. It makes no sense. Otherwise the rest of the appliance works great---the main oven is excellent and the range as well. I do want to also point out that at one point the entire oven broke (some strange code went on out of nowhere and oven stopped working). Warning: DO NOT waste your money on extended warranties because no-one will be able to repair this oven other than GE. (trust me-been there done that). For the price I really expected more out of this unit.

Temperature Control
I am only referring to the main oven. The bottom oven is only satisfactory.

Heat Distribution
Only for the main oven, bottom would be satisfactory.

My knobs have fallen off at one point or another.

• Heat Distribution:

Makes you feel like a chef!

from Galesville, WI

Comments about GE Cafe 30" Freestanding Dual Fuel Range:

I love this range!! The speed and accuracy of a gas cook top and the convenience of an electric oven,but wait there is more...another smaller oven that I use mostly as a warming drawer I have baked in it also,great for shallow pans.Plus convection baking and roasting.I haven't quite figured out all the conversions of recipes and times but I will!