3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

• Loading Flexibility:

This GE dishwasher really works.

Had it installed a few months back and I am really satisfied with how it cleans.  Great machine.  Wouldn't trade it for the world.  As a homeowner it is important to have quality in your appliances.  This helps with resell as well as peace of mind.  Naturally cost is also a factor.  But not so much the initial cost, but also any recurring or maintenance costs.  So far, other than electricity and dish washing soap, there are no other additional costs.  This is very important in today's economy.  I probably fill and run the dishwasher every other day.  This will create a lot of wear and tear on the machinary, but the GE dishwasher should be able to handle this for years.  The pots and pans are used with the appropriate cycle, so cleanliness is not an issue even with oily or greasy pots and pans.  Plus all the glassware comes out sparkling clean.  I do use the recommended dish washer rinse.  Overall, I don't think you will go wrong with GE diswashers.

A poor product overall

Our dishwasher broke down about 3 months ago and we had to get a replacement installed. This is the product we were given. At first, it seemed to be just another run-of-the-mill dishwasher, but as time went on, I noticed all of the minor things that make it a nuisance. If you don't scrub the dishes clean prior to putting them in the dishwasher, they will likely come out with nasty food marks or stains left on from the food; it gets even uglier if the food was first allowed to dry onto the dishes.

Secondly, two things have already broken. The first to go is minor, but still irritating nonetheless. A bracket on one of the baskets inside snapped off when I simply tried to shut it closed. Then, even worse, the door that holds the soap in snapped in half as well. Now we can't use liquid detergent anymore and are instead forced to use a solid, rock-like detergent by placing it in one of the baskets.

Worst of all, however, is the noise this thing makes. I once made the mistake of trying to watch TV while it was running and I was forced to stop it short of a full cycle because I just couldn't hear a word. And that's saying something because the TV is in the next room. I could turn my head at some of the other minor problems, but this is not one I can get past. I now run the dishwasher before leaving the house, because it is that loud.

Is a GREAT product

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

was an easy install , and havent had any food left on the plates either the rinse cycle is a dream i had another dishwasher that cost more than this one that did half the work! i would really recommend this product to large families the loading capacity worked wonders for my family

• Loading Flexibility:

Nice washer but not great

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I had to buy a new dishwasher after the one I had died on me. This seemed like it was a good price and the dishwasher had everything I needed. The dishwasher worked well for a few times. Then it started acting up. First it washed my dishes just fine. Then it started clogging up to where the water would not drain. I got it fixed it worked one time then started clogging up again. When the dishwasher worked it was great. It washed my dishes perfectly, until it stopped working. I am getting it fixed again and I am seriously thinking this purchase was a mistake.

• Loading Flexibility:

my ge dishwasher is great

from Eatonton, GA

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

we recently bought a house and of course the dishwasher did not work. we took our time and looked at a lot of different dishwashers and a lot of different brands. we finally settled on a ge dishwasher. we compared prices. we compared appearances. we compared functions. i was seeing dishwashers in my sleep. i have never been sorry for the decision we made. it cleans the dishes whether they are from a meal you have just finished or the food is dried on. there is plenty of room for dishes of all sizes and the top rack can be adjusted up or down for those larger or akward pieces. there are even little lids on some of the silverware containers for tiny items. the only thing that i would change is the area that the soap dispenser is located. i would rather that it be in a different location. but if i have to choose between my ge or another brand with the soap dispenser moved, i would still pick my ge dishwasher hands down.

Cleaning Time
a little slower than i would like, but it does such a good job that i can't really complain about the time.

THE BEST!!!

Cleans great - quiet

from Lake City, SD

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

This machine cleans great and is really quiet.  Dishes and silverwear come out clean. Beeps to let you know the dishes are clean.

The racks hold a lot of dishes and it is easy to load. I do wish the silverwear rack could be moved to other side.  They are nice sized and they do the job - I just wish they were on the opposite side or that they could be moved to the side I prefer.

It has a nice number of selections for washing and drying cycles and is very easy to operate.  My kids do the dishes all the time and have no problems and the dishes come out clean and shiny with no spots. The heated dry option works great.

I do wish the clean light would stay on even after the door has been opened or would have an option of clean/dirty so that others in the house would know it the dishes has been washed or not.

Overall an excellent purchase for the price.  I did have to have an expert install it for me but it was worth the price.

Can't stop in middle of the cycle or have to restart the whole thing
no dry only setting

Noise Level
Very quiet

Cleaning Time
I usually start it before bed so it really does matter

Loading Flexibility
can move some things around

Does a good job

I wish it could be stapped and continue from where it was at
Also would like dry only option

• Loading Flexibility:

GE Dishwashers are usually great...

from Butler, NJ

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

I have owned several GE dishwashers over the years, in fact, my husband and I always look for GE when purchasing a new appliance. This dishwasher has been fine, and I haven't had any real problems with it. However, there were a few small problems that I should note. Some of the rubberized coating on the dishwasher racks has come off...approximately a three inch area overall. This does not detract from the performance of this appliance....it's just that it doesn't look pretty, since there is black now showing where the rubber come off. Also, another problem I have had (which I think is due to using Cascade detergent) is that sometimes my glasses have a coating of particles, and I need to rewash them. Again, I think I should probably be using a liquid detergent, and then I don't think I would have this problem. Other than these two things, this dishwasher has been great. I can put dishes in with food particles still on them, and they come out clean. Also, I even put in my fine china (although I guess I shouldn't) and I turn off the heated dry cycle. They come out great!

Generally quality dishwasher

from Pikesville, MD

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

The GE dishwasher is generally of good build and quality, but I can't say I was completely satisfied with it and I decided to go with a different and in my opinion better dishwasher in time. However, for the time it served and the features it had, this dishwasher was a good one to have. It cleaned the dishes clean and nicely and rarely broke any dishes or glasses. It is easy to clean and is nice and large enough to hold a large group of dishes and silverware. It had a hard time getting hard food stains off and left dirty dishes a good bit of the time, which is truly why I eventually decided to go with a different dishwasher. One other downside is that it uses a fair bit of water and this is perhaps because it seems that the cycle is too long. Nonetheless, if you are in the market for an inexpensive dishwasher, I would definitely recommend the GE one. It is able to do the job and not truly breakdown. You just have to be aware that you will want a different dishwasher in time.

great for the money

from Byron Center, MI

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

our first dishwasher we bought we spent alot of money on and it did not last long at all so we bought this one it was cheaper so we were conserned that it would not do as good of a job cleaning or be too noisy but I'm very glad to say that it cleans way better than our last washer and the noise is fine a bit louder but I hardly notice unless I run it night before I go to bed, great deal for the money, I recommend it.

GE Dishwasher is great!

from Dublin, VA

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

We purchased this dishwasher two years ago to replace a 10 year old appliance. We have been SO pleased. The washer has multiple settings to accomodate all types of wash loads from cooked on pots and pans to sanitizing glasses. I love that I have to option to heat dry when needed, but can choose not to save energy. The washer is a water/energy saving style and we have seen a small decrease in our water bill versus the old washer. There are two downfalls of this washer that caused me not to give it 5 stars: the noise level and time. The washer is very, very loud for the majority of the cycle. Even with extra "sound proofing" work done around the unit, it is still too loud to run if we plan to be in the room talking to one another. As for the time, even the simplest cycle takes FOREVER. If you add on a heated dry, you might as well leave it for the whole day. Even with these two things in mind, I would still recommend the unit for its thorough cleaning!

love it!

from Natick, MA

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

How can one dishwasher do so much?  We have had GE dishwashers in our family for years now, but this one in particular has features that make it almost impossible to live without a dishwasher.

The ability to raise and lower the top shelf, so that I can use the machine for either small loads or larger loads with pieces that would not normally fit into a dishwasher, makes this machine invaluable.  The layout of the racks and one rack that can be folded down for larger items ifs great. Large pots and pans can easily fit into the machine.  The top rack allows for fine china and wine glasses to stand up with a small brace for holding the glasses.  Another feature that I consider to be necessary, is that there are particular setting for pots/pans, heavy cleaning, china and fragile items as well as a timer, so that one can set the machine for a time that is convenient to the owner. The machine is quiet, gets the food off the plates and does a great job at keeping water spots off of glasses.  Love it!

Love the GE GDWD100R Built-in Dishwasher

from Hamilton, OH

Comments about GE Built-in Dishwasher:

We built our house a little over three years ago and had to go through the process of picking out everything for the house, including all new appliances.  We didn't want to spend a fortune on appliances but wanted something that would last and work great.  This GE dishwasher did the trick!  I love being able to set it to run 2-4-8 hours later.  It's pretty quiet compared to most diswashers out there.  I always set it to run at night while we are sleeping so my dishes are done in the morning and it's one less thing for me to do during the day. It has plenty of room for dishes and the glass rack has spots and knobs to hold wine glasses so they don't shift around and break! No more hand washing those!! My large dinner plates don't want to stand properly in it, but I can deal with that until I get new ones.